PDA

View Full Version : Random Stuff About An Epic Campaign

Devigor
2014-11-28, 06:04 PM
Not an epic-level campaign (yet), but an epic campaign. So... I am currently playing a Human Psion (Shaper) 5/Thrallherd 6 named Jacob Chandler...
He is 10 years old and has a special rule -- he has psychic nightmares if not put to sleep by magic or sudden KO (naturally drifting into sleep doesn't work the same way, so the party has to find ways to knock him out without causing brain damage). The psychic nightmares manifest and randomly attack/kill people, so it is bad. His thrall is a halfling bard named Tavis Wind-Song. Tavis has saved our entire party twice, so no comments on bards please (someone will anyway, but oh well). Jacob has no believers. This is because of a custom rule; all people following him are like thralls. To gain a thrall, he must succesfully Dominate them with an appropriate power. Tavis doesn't quite count because he takes care of the kid like a foster parent anyway, and unlike other thralls, he is free enough to argue/scold/advise/etc. Jacob. Jacob also has a Psicrystal that is in the form of a mini crystal dragon and gets expanded and buffed like a sort of "the big guy is with me" thing... Except Jacob can do a ton of other stuff too, since he has so many power points and power stones and stuff. He isn't quite overpowered yet, I'd say he's tier 3.

We have a human fighter/swordmaster (custom PrC, prolly tier 4), a half-orc ranger/samurai (despite the suckage expected he tears things to shreds with a custom change using Iajutsu Focus on every hit, seems tier 4 as well), an elf ranger (who used to be a druid that just shot stuff with a bow while her animal companion cuddled at her feet, crits all the time but mostly fits right at tier 5), an elf cleric (who plays like a healer that can turn, and every now and then whacks stuff without any buffing, definitely tier 5), and a special homebrew mechanus (I think that name's right; home of law and magic robots) planetouched wizard that more often than not doesn't cast spells and instead grapple and beats people up. H tries to cast spells, gets interrupted, then aims specifically at their groins with a battlefist and crits; once a guy died from the shock of the blow when the DM (my dad) rolled a 100 on the % die. One of those moments we will forever remember. Anyway, he's prolly more of a tier 4 as played, tier 3 if he is allowed to cast (most of his stuff is out-of-combat utility).

The world is sheer epic. I am currently writing a book based on the events in this campaign, with my previous character being the main protagonist. Places imvolved include the northern kingdom (northern Europe), the southern kingdom (southern Europe and Russia), the eastern nations (Japan and a few other countries in southeastern Asia), the sky islands (kind of like chunks of Incan/Mayan/Aztec ruins in the air, except the culture is European and the giants and titans used to live on them, and they had Spelljammer stuff), ancient ruins (forgone civilizations/temples/etc.), and a few of the planes.

A meteor fell from the sky and almost caused an undead apocalypse. We failed to stop it but saved the last titan (who in turn blew the meteor up which didn't stop it from landing but the little pieces fell apart from each other so they are at least able to be cleared away now). So we're cleaning up, trying to finish saving the world from an evil organization by creating our own to stop it (Fairy Tale, anyone?), and more than half the time we're just sitting around managing a fancy shop to get lewtz from it to feed our flying Spelljammer ship to make it grow and get guns and stuff.

I've been dubbed the party optimizer (they haven't called me a munchkin because almost everything I do is meant to help everyone else out or keep himself alive, but I do go overboard in all three campaigns I'm in), and as I provide rules or items or whatever at perfect times, also a bit of a rules lawyer (not only for the PC's; I've caused extra pain to my own characters by dutifully reminding my dad of some rule or another).

Anywho, feel free to say whatever you wanna say, I'm not picky. Favorite characters, world, something completely unrelated to D&D, anything really.