PDA

View Full Version : Salvator's own world

EvilElitest
2007-03-25, 05:17 PM
I am a fan of Salvator's writing. Yes i really like the Drizzt books. But my favorite series is his demon wars one.
So when I saw a book for a champain settings in demonwars world in a book sale, i bought it. I look though it and i find myself strangly dissaponted.
I will go into detail later, but does anyone else own DemonWars Campaign settings? What do you think?
Personally? My biggest complaint is that most of the classes are unintersting or already covered

from,
EE

AmoDman
2007-03-25, 10:57 PM
The Demon Wars Player's Guide might as well not even exist for all I can find out about it on the internet...that's a shame, because those really are his best books and I'd love to see a campaign setting written about that world. Evil little redcap dwarves, elves with wings, materia meets standard spellcasting...mmm.

Edit: Evil little redcap Dwarves, not Gnomes. Gah.

EvilElitest
2007-03-25, 11:32 PM
The Demon Wars Player's Guide might as well not even exist for all I can find out about it on the internet...that's a shame, because those really are his best books and I'd love to see a campaign setting written about that world. Evil little redcap gnomes, elves with wings, materia meets standard spellcasting...mmm.

I'll post some of the fluff, but i don't know if i am allowed to post the classes. Love hte books though
from,
EE

Matthew
2007-03-28, 09:40 PM
Salvatore. So, was this a Wizards or Third Party book or what?

EvilElitest
2007-03-28, 10:08 PM
Salvatore. So, was this a Wizards or Third Party book or what?

R.A. Salvator is a writer. A very good one. Look him up on wiki. His champain settings, based on one of his series is made by fast forward productions
from,
EE

Matthew
2007-03-28, 10:19 PM
Actually R. A. Salvatore is a writer and I am well acquainted with him. I was asking about this game supplement in particular.

EvilElitest
2007-03-28, 10:21 PM
Actually R. A. Salvatore is a writer and I am well acquainted with him. I was asking about this game supplement in particular.

Ah. It is for his Demon Wars series. As far as i know their are two books tha i own, A champain settings and a player's guide. I can't post the classes for copy right reasons but i found them very quinte. What do you what to know about hte game?
from,
EE

Matthew
2007-03-28, 10:27 PM
I was wondering which edition of D20 it was for (i.e. 3.0 or 3.5), which company published it and whether it deviated heavily from the 'usual' stuff.

EvilElitest
2007-03-28, 10:38 PM
Oh. It is 3.5 and no, apart from a differnt magic system it keeps the same rules. You need the PHB and DMG to play. So yeah it is updated.
from,
EE

Allandaros
2007-03-28, 10:48 PM
What's special about the magic system?

EvilElitest
2007-03-29, 02:43 PM
I don't know if you read the books, but in his world their is a major god who's church stronly resembles the Cathloc one. Anyways, once every 113 years a specail event takes place on a certain hidden Island. The monks that follow him go their when the event is about to occur, four of them. it is a highly guarded secret, and those who talk about it are killed. When the four monks get to the island, they hide in a cave. Then a massive storm occurs, but instead of rain, Stones fall. These stones each have special powers (rubies cast fire ball, Cat eyes allow you to see in the dark ect). The monks take it back to the main land and use them for the good of the church. Some stones are sold to others or stolen or found. Anyways, the spell system for the stones (and that is 90% of the magic) is point based, where much like pyionics you can agument your stones powers.
from,
EE