PDA

View Full Version : Time Sling PrC

Piropoint
2007-03-25, 08:50 PM
Heres my first go at a seer/nomad PrC.

It still needs all the flavor stuff, and I need help determining which levels gain manifester levels. Please tell me what you think, and any ideas that come to mind!!! Thank you.

Table: The Time Sling

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Defensive Precognition +1
2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Time Sling Adept- Up to/DC 18
3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 Bonus Feat: Extend Power
4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Uncanny Dodge
5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Defensive Precognition +2
6th +4 +2 +5 +5 Time Sling Savant- Medium/DC 20
7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Bonus Feat: Delay Power
8th +6 +2 +6 +6 Improved Uncanny Dodge
9th +6 +3 +7 +7 Defensive Precognition +3
10th +7 +3 +7 +7 Time Sling Master- Swift/DC 22

Hit Die
d6

Requirements
Skills-Concentration 8 ranks
Feats-Improved Initiative
Psionics- The ability to manifest the power Time Hop.

Class Skills
Autohypnosis, Balance, Concentration, Escape Artist, Listen, Profession, Psicraft, Spot, and Tumble.

Skill Points at Each Level
4 + Int Modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Time Slings gain no new proficiency in weapons or armor

Defensive Precognition
The Time Sling is instinctively aware of the very near future, almost as if their sense of the present is expanded by an additional second. At 1st level the Time Sling is treated as being permanently under the effects of the Defensive Precognition power. This translates into a +1 insight bonus to AC and all saving throws. At 5th level, this bonus increases to +2 and at 9th level the bonus is +3. This ability does not prevent the Time Sling from manifesting the Defensive Precognition power as normal. All insight bonuses granted by this ability stack with the insight bonus granted by the Defensive Precognition power.

Time Sling Adept
At 2nd level the Time Sling begins to gain mastery of their signature power. Whenever using the Time Hop power, the Time Sling may now send subjects forward in time up to 1 round/manifester level. This replaces the original power duration of 1 round/level. The DC for an unwilling subject to return from a Time Hop is now 18.

Extend Power
The Time Sling develops the ability to stretch his powers over a greater length of time. At 3rd level the Time Sling gains Extend Power as a bonus feat.

Uncanny Dodge
Starting at 4th level, a Time Sling can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.
If a Time Sling already has uncanny dodge from a different class she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Time Sling Savant
At 6th level, the Time Sling’s ability to use the Time Hop power increases. Time Hop is now treated as having a range of Medium (100 feet + 10 feet / manifester level) instead of short. The DC for an unwilling subject to return from a Time Hop is now 20.

Delay Power
At 7th level the Time Sling learns to affect the near future with his psychic powers. He gains Delay Power as a bonus feat.

Improved Uncanny Dodge
A Time Sling of 8th level or higher can no longer be flanked.

Time Sling Master
The Time Sling has mastered his signature power. He may now manifest the Time Hope power as a swift action. The DC for an Unwilling subject to return from a Time Hop is now 22.

Tim4488
2007-03-25, 09:00 PM
*scratches head*

Neat idea, but I don't understand Time Sling Adept. What's the duration difference?

Kultrum
2007-03-25, 09:05 PM
Neat idea, there isn't enough time change classes. you just need to polish it up a bit and better define some parts like when you say you increase the DC do you mean the base (without ability mod) or just have a standard DC?

Piropoint
2007-03-25, 09:50 PM
"Neat idea, but I don't understand Time Sling Adept. What's the duration difference?"

The description of the power states that the number of rounds the subject hops forward in time is equal to the manifester level. This doesn't allow for brief controlled hops. The modification allows the number of rounds to be decided by the Time Sling up to a max of the normal limit.

"when you say you increase the DC do you mean the base (without ability mod) or just have a standard DC?"

The Time Hop power description states a set DC of 15 for an unwilling subject to return. They can make a check each of their normal rounds.

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-26, 03:50 PM
Do they gain new PP and powers, as though they were advancing a level in their previous manifester class?

Piropoint
2007-03-26, 08:14 PM
Yes, but thats one of the things i need help with...i'm not so good at that part

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-26, 11:03 PM
Oh right. That's what I get for not reading the into.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't advance as a manifester every level. Comparing to RAW PrCs, such as Loremaster, which do, the class abilites are not overpowered. Or at the very least, 2/3rds of the levels, as the Elocator PrC.