PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation: Subforum for Virtual Tabletop Games

Squirrel_Dude
2014-11-29, 10:11 PM
I'll try keep this short and simple. I think that there should be a second subforum for virtual table top ran games, separate from the current Finding Players forum. While certainly, the current setup is adequate, I think it would be a better situation if the two styles of game were separated into different places for running advertisements. I don't think that VTTs and PbPs are looking for the same audience of players or GMs.

IME, PbPs are often used because players either don't have the time to run a full game or because they want to have a game that they can play on the side of a larger campaign. VTTs are a way to run a normal game, just over the internet instead of over a dining room table. If someone wants one or the other, it's hard to find one in the Finding Players forum. There just isn't enough room in the title to state "Game", "Title", "#DM/Players", a quick summary, and the platform of the game.

In short: Having a separate forum would make advertising and discovery of VTT games much easier, while making it slightly easier for PBP games.

Gray Mage
2014-11-30, 11:23 AM
I think adding a new tag would serve better then creating a new subforum. After all, there's already a Chat/IRC tag, so a VTT tag wouldn't be out of place.

Squirrel_Dude
2014-11-30, 11:36 AM
I think adding a new tag would serve better then creating a new subforum. After all, there's already a Chat/IRC tag, so a VTT tag wouldn't be out of place.Probably.

Thought I had since having posting the original topic: Same idea for finding local games.