PDA

View Full Version : tripping question, attack bonuses...

graeylin
2014-11-29, 11:00 PM
If I have the improved trip feat, does the +4 apply ONLY to the opposed strength roll, or to the initial touch attack itself?

IMPROVED TRIP [GENERAL] Prerequisites: Int 13, Combat Expertise.

Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when you attempt to trip an opponent while you are unarmed. You also gain a +4 bonus on your Strength check to trip your opponent.

I think it's just on the opposed roll, correct? I grab the other person (touch attack), and then try to over-strength him (bonuses of strength apply here).

However, because I get a strength bonus on my "to hit" with the touch attack, would I add the +4 to that too? I add my own strength bonus there, do I add the feat strength bonus?

eggynack
2014-11-29, 11:04 PM
There is only one strength check in the combat maneuver, the opposed strength roll, and improved trip applies solely to that.

Andezzar
2014-11-30, 10:13 AM
While STR does factor into the attack roll, a touch attack is not an attribute check, much less an STR check.

Flickerdart
2014-11-30, 10:40 AM
However, Cobalt Expertise applies its bonus to attack rolls as well as ability checks made as part of a trip attempt (among other things).