PDA

View Full Version : Psionics Question.

m149307
2014-11-30, 01:51 AM
Ok, so I am looking for powers that target stats. I know there is Crystalstorm and Ego Whip... But what else is there? Also, how can I raise my DC besides a high mental stat?

JusticeZero
2014-11-30, 08:08 AM
What version? PF? 3.5?

Ellowryn
2014-11-30, 09:17 AM
If you are talking about 3.5 then i believe what you have listed is all that targets stats. Psionics in general don't target stats. As for raising DC's, unless the power has an augmentation to increase you really can't, this is another area where psionics lags behind normal magic.

m149307
2014-11-30, 10:29 AM

And seriously, only 2 powers target stats?

ZamielVanWeber
2014-11-30, 10:32 AM
3.0 psionics had a ton, but only if the target was psionic. 3.0 psionics was a cluster.
In general targeting stats is not something psionics does, as has been mentioned. I think a couple more of them may have appeared in Complete Psionics, but I go through the powers section of that book so rarely I could be misremembering.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-11-30, 11:24 AM
To boost a Power's DC have a look at Psionic Endowment and Greater Psionic Endowment.

atemu1234
2014-11-30, 11:28 AM
I personally recommend just in general to use DSP's powers as well as 3.5's. It's a far greater list with more useful powers for things such as healing, necromancy, as well as a bit of variety.

Zaq
2014-11-30, 12:38 PM
Larval Flayers, from Complete Psionic, lets you summon a bunch of, well, larval flayers, which do INT damage to their victim. Augment it enough and they'll start out automatically attached, even.

m149307
2014-11-30, 01:19 PM
Anything that can Target wisdom?

And thanks everyone for the help and suggestions

WhamBamSam
2014-11-30, 02:34 PM
Strength of my Enemy (PsyWar 2) deals 1 Str damage with every hit you make with a weapon (manufactured or natural). It gives you an enhancement bonus to Str based on the amount of Str you've taken off of an individual enemy (up to higher values than you can usually get with enhancement bonuses). It's sort of snazzy.

Metamorphosis has options for everything. It's cool like that.

For an ultracheese answer to your question, power versions of all spells can conceivably exist thanks to StP Erudite and Wyrm Wizard and can be learned through Psychic Chirurgery.

Also, this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8910) isn't a bad resource, even if I do disagree with some of the ratings.

Optimator
2014-11-30, 04:14 PM
Overchannel can sometimes raise DCs. Also, you can use things like Stygian Bolt as an alternative.

Madhava
2014-11-30, 04:27 PM
Not exactly a power, but the wounding attack feat can be worthwhile for constitution damage, provided you're not opposed to doing the psi-gish thing, & also provided that you spam it using psionic meditation + hustle. Also, you could play an Ardent with the linked power feat & dominant ideal ACF in freedom mantle, & then spam it twice per round.

Hm, targets wisdom? Um... feat for metamorphic transfer, then metamorphosis yourself into a lamia, maybe?