PDA

View Full Version : Iron Heros: Anyone Familiar with This?

Raine_Sage
2014-11-30, 05:54 PM
I've been wanting to run a low-ish magic fantasy campaign for some of my friends, and while there are ways you can arguably do that in D&D I figured I'd look for something that was made more for that specifically.

One of said friends recommended a system called Iron Heroes. I'm liking what I'm seeing just looking over the rules, but I was wondering if anyone here had actually played the system and could give tips for what to look out for while running it?

Digitalelf
2014-12-02, 06:23 PM
I have the rule book, as well as a few of the source-books for Iron Heroes, but I have not played it either... However, you might get a better response from people that have played it by posting your question in the "D&D 3e/3.5e/d20" part of the forum.

Chambers
2014-12-07, 09:19 AM
Mod of the Broken Pattern: Moved to d20 sub-forum.

::takes off Mod hat::

I vaguely remember Iron Heroes. I got the book when it came out but our group never got around to running a game of it. It seems like a fun alternative for a no-magic campaign, but I don't know how the classes are balanced against each other. My advice would be to play to the system's strengths, i.e. if a class has abilities around killing large swathes of enemies, give him large swathes of enemies to kill.

Digitalelf
2014-12-07, 09:14 PM
It seems like a fun alternative for a no-magic campaign,

Iron Heroes has magic, there is even a spell-casting PC class, the Arcanist... Problem is, spell-casting is dangerous and unpredictable; which is why there is an in-game emphasis on non-casters and their preference to rely on skill, and the steel of their blades... :smallsmile: