PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A My tentacle.

LairdMaon
2014-12-01, 08:22 AM
I have a couple questions about the ' tentacle whip' symbiont before I allow this critter to climb up my arm.

Can it get sick?
I ask because I have, for reasons of my own, a vial of festering anger. Could I infect this little pet with this potentially powerful disease without sharing it with me?

Next question:
Can I expect it to benefit from my soulmelds?
If I bound my Crystal Helm to my crown chakra would this cling-on be able to add the force descriptor to it's attacks?

Final question:
What should I name it?

Necroticplague
2014-12-01, 09:00 AM
I have a couple questions about the ' tentacle whip' symbiont before I allow this critter to climb up my arm.

Can it get sick?
I ask because I have, for reasons of my own, a vial of festering anger. Could I infect this little pet with this potentially powerful disease without sharing it with me?

Next question:
Can I expect it to benefit from my soulmelds?
If I bound my Crystal Helm to my crown chakra would this cling-on be able to add the force descriptor to it's attacks?

Final question:
What should I name it?
Yes, though that's not how festering anger works.

Nope, share spells only effects spells, not soulmelds. Arguably, that specific 1 would work if you used the attack on your turn (since that would be your attack), but not if it made the attack on its own initiative.

Something with a lot of apostrophes.

LairdMaon
2014-12-01, 09:32 AM
You make some good points. I suppose I was hoping for a bit more out of the soulmeld-magic transparency. It makes a bit of sense that the magic effects originating from the soulmeld could be shared with the symbiont freely.

Blackhawk748
2014-12-01, 09:35 AM
I believe there is a Share Soulmeld Feat, though im not sure if it would work on your symbiont

Necroticplague
2014-12-01, 09:57 AM
You make some good points. I suppose I was hoping for a bit more out of the soulmeld-magic transparency. It makes a bit of sense that the magic effects originating from the soulmeld could be shared with the symbiont freely.
Eh, not really. A symbiont is its own creature completely even when it's bound to you. No reason it should benefit from things that effect other creatures. Of course, as noted before, if you use the symbiont using your own action, it would get the benefits, since it your attack. You jut can't boost up what it does on its own turn, when the tentacle would be the symbiont's attack.

I believe there is a Share Soulmeld Feat, though im not sure if it would work on your symbiont
Nope, it only works for familiars, animal companions, and mounts. That being said, the commonality between all of those is the Share Spell ability, so it wouldn't be an unreasonable houserules to add symbionts (which also have the Share Spell ability) to the list.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-01, 12:09 PM
Name the tentacle Mother's Little Helper, like that Rolling Stones song.

Rubik
2014-12-01, 06:40 PM
Name it T'Ent'Acl'E?

atemu1234
2014-12-01, 10:02 PM
I'd name the tentacle Lac'erti. Lacerti is latin for Sinew.

LairdMaon
2014-12-01, 10:24 PM
That is beautiful..!