PDA

View Full Version : Real world knowledge in your game

Jlooney
2014-12-01, 09:49 AM
Over the course of the last few years, I've done research and read things others have posted based on informed(meaning a college degree with actual citable sources to back up the information) things. An example would be the way helping the local bird that digs for grubs from trees with it's beak by giving it a needle. It would cause over feeding on the birds part, any other animal that depends on that as a food source would start to die out, the humans that depend on the animals for furs or meat would start to starve.

What I'd like to know is what real world job or education have you implemented into your games and how have they impacted your games? I'm asking because I'm seriously thinking of homebrewing an entire world and I plan on using real world Weather patterns, land formations, animal adaptations (with evolution) along with any other information that I might glean from this thread.

To shed some light, the reason I picked the above information is because I'm a science major and I have had several classes on all the above topics and I own the reference material.