PDA

View Full Version : Request: Big Bad Evil Cube

G.Cube
2014-12-01, 12:11 PM
Running an epic level 3.5 mini-campaign this weekend, I'd like one of the big boss fights to be a Gelatious Cube of epic strength. I'd like to see many different ideas/builds that you guys might have! All official books are open, so feel free to template and class level to your hearts desire! CR needs to be between 22-27.

Thanks guys, can't wait to see some awesome ideas!

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-01, 01:32 PM
This might be better in the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 subforum, because you aren't specifically looking for homebrew.

Anyways, how about a Fiendish or Celestial gCube with levels in, say, Swordsage?

Inevitability
2014-12-01, 04:05 PM
First, give it an intelligence score. The Awaken Ooze spell seems best for this, unless you need the ooze type for something.

And as for other things... I've always like the idea of a completely silent and invisible gelatinous cube. By making it incorporeal (1 level in Ghost) you already have the 'silent' part, and the 'invisible' part can be gained by Advancing our GC to 13 HD, making it Unseelie Fey, making it Greenbound, and finally Symbioting it with a Phantom Fungus.

Then, you boost its Hide/Move Silently to the max, give it Darkstalker, give it a level in Hellbreaker, and pretty much the only thing able to detect it will be Touchsight.

EDIT: Say, is there anything preventing Paralysis and Engulf from working while you are incorporeal?

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-01, 04:15 PM
Say, is there anything preventing Paralysis and Engulf from working while you are incorporeal?

Incorporeal creatures cannot make trip or grapple attacks, nor can they be tripped or grappled. In fact, they cannot take any physical action that would move or manipulate an opponent or its equipment, nor are they subject to such actions.

So they can't engulf. Not sure about paralysis, but that's probably nonfunctional as well.