PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help building a aasimar death cleric?

Rfkannen
2014-12-01, 12:48 PM
So this is an odd story, I jokingly asked if when the dmg came out I could kill my character and roll an aasimar death cleric, and suprisingly he said I could! So I was wondering, how would you go about makeing one of those? We are allowed to use any of the forgotten realms gods but it isnt forgotten realms.

Backstory wise, he is probably going to be from an area called the fringe, witch bassically is the area where the only goverment is the adventurers guild, also he has to want to join the adventurers guild.
Oh also, I can't be evil. In fact, since there are no longer alignment restrictions, I would like to be good :) I have no idea how to acomplish this but yeah.

looking for ideas both backstory/characteristics and build wise.

Heartspan
2014-12-01, 01:26 PM
If i remember correctly, death clerics get martial proficiency, so strength con and wis are probably your main stats, if you wanna take advantage of all those pretty sharp tools~

Scirocco
2014-12-01, 01:42 PM
May I suggest Orcus? He's a lovely fellow as far as the (Un)death "gods" go.

Shining Wrath
2014-12-01, 02:05 PM

Not so good as far as not being evil, though, which is another desiderata. Yes, you can be one step off and be CN; practically, though ... Orcus? One step away from Orcus is still Orcus, if you know what I mean.

I suggest Kelemvor, the LN deity of death and the dead.

Scirocco
2014-12-01, 02:29 PM
Not so good as far as not being evil, though, which is another desiderata. Yes, you can be one step off and be CN; practically, though ... Orcus? One step away from Orcus is still Orcus, if you know what I mean.

3.5's one-step rule doesn't seem to apply anymore (it's not in the Alignment or Cleric entry). Either way, alignment has near zero mechanical effect anymore.

Besides, Kelemvor's no fun... keeping dead people in their graves, nonsense.

Yorrin
2014-12-01, 03:42 PM
My Cleric handbook (in sig) covers Death Domain, but not Aasimar. Long story short- Death Domain is set up as an excellent Dex+Wis with Con as third priority, using Rapier + Shield in melee and Chill Touch for ranged damage, with plenty of fun debuffs and curses and such to play with.

Rfkannen
2014-12-01, 06:08 PM
If i remember correctly, death clerics get martial proficiency, so strength con and wis are probably your main stats, if you wanna take advantage of all those pretty sharp tools~

Oh, I had not actually looked up the death domain, that is pretty cool. My team does need a up close fighter with high ac, so haveing martial is cool! Dex might be better though, just so I could take a level of monk and fight in a suit. Not sure how much of a monk dip would be good though.

He isnt a forgotten realms god though :( he and baron samadi were the two gods I wanted to do.

Kelemvor does look like a good fit, my only problem is that he does not like zombies, zombies are awesome! If noone else can think of a good reason for a choatic good death cleric of either bhaal, myrkul, loviatar, talona or shar I will probably do kelemvor. But come on, zombies!

3.5's one-step rule doesn't seem to apply anymore (it's not in the Alignment or Cleric entry). Either way, alignment has near zero mechanical effect anymore.

Besides, Kelemvor's no fun... keeping dead people in their graves, nonsense.

Exactly my point!

My Cleric handbook (in sig) covers Death Domain, but not Aasimar. Long story short- Death Domain is set up as an excellent Dex+Wis with Con as third priority, using Rapier + Shield in melee and Chill Touch for ranged damage, with plenty of fun debuffs and curses and such to play with.

Oh cool I used your handbook on makeing my first character, didn't realise that it covered the death domain now. Oh rapier + sheild would actually be very good for my party! ANd it sounds awesome

I may not have him be an aasimar, Just thinking about it and maby not. I like the idea, but I think his race should be inconsiquential, Idk, aasimar are cool and all, but might not fit.

Scirocco
2014-12-01, 08:04 PM
He isnt a forgotten realms god though :( he and baron samadi were the two gods I wanted to do.

Isn't he a demon lord in the setting though? I know he is in most settings. You can traditionally take demon lords/archdevils as "gods" for the purposes of being a cleric, so...

EvilAnagram
2014-12-01, 08:39 PM
Velsharoon (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Velsharoon) is the demigod of undeath. He teaches that nirvana is achieved through gaining the power, longevity, and knowledge of the state between life and death. He's evil (in the self-serving and uncharitable kind of way), and he primarily focuses on evil necromancers, but there's room for a neutral or even neutral good worshipers who are enamored with the notion of undeath.