PDA

View Full Version : Iaijutsu master build help.

Shadowfox8720
2014-12-01, 01:39 PM
Hello all, I currently making an Iaijutsu Master and I managed to get the my DM to wave the need for Iaijutsu skill to require the opponent to be flat footed in order to work however I can only use the Samurai as the prereq. class to get into the Iaijutsu Master PrC. He's also allowing OA version plus letting me have the Stare down and Kiai smite progressions from the CW version thankfully making it a decent class now. My question is what would be some good PrCs, StCs, and feats to go with this combo? My stats are:

Str:14
Dex:18
Con:16
int:14
Wis:12
Cha:20

I purchased Gloves of dex and a Cloak of Charisma and the Character that he's starting off at is 8.

I'm thinking Swash Buckler but I can't help but feel that there is better classes out there.
It's also worth noting that the Iaijutsu Master gets weapon finesse for katanas/bastard swords and I don't plan on DWing.

Bump :O I give free cookies! :3

Nargrakhan
2014-12-01, 01:44 PM
Bump :O I give free cookies! :3

I'm just here for the cookie.

*munch* *munch* *munch*

Sorry I can't help. Don't play 3.5 with any sense of mastery.

Although....

*munch* *munch* *munch*

If you're playing Pathfinder, how about doing a Magus with Bladebound and Kensai?
I hear that's totally legit within the rules and equally badass. :smallcool:

****EDIT***
Oops... sorry... just read your post again, and realize you've already started the campaign.

*munch* *munch* *munch*

That's what I get for not paying attention and just wanting a cookie.

*munch* *munch* *munch*

Metahuman1
2014-12-01, 01:51 PM
Well, for starters, you might wanna think about a Dip into Marshal form the Minitures Handbook for that Motivate Cha Aura to try and double down on that 5th level Iai-jutsu master ability.

Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian is a great dip, and loss of Rage is fine since it's the totem your dipping in for. Heck, Dip in for 3 levels, that get's you a second totem, and you can fluff it as a sword style based on on watching Lions and Wolves or something else cool sounding. That Third level get's you the ability to pick up the utterly hilarious Trap Smasher AFC from Dungeonscape. It's great, use it, it fits Iai-jutsu flavor to a T. =)

And last but most assuredly not least, Tome of Battle, or, "Book of they finally got around to giving something nice to Melee." Diamond Mind and Iron Heart Maneuvers form a Warblade with a smig of Stone Dragon for the Mountain hammer line are AMAZING for a warblade. A Dip into Crusader for some extra maneuvers so you can also play with White Raven and Devoted Spirit more might not go amiss either.

Shadowfox8720
2014-12-01, 02:01 PM
Kensai sounds like fun imo. I love the concept of the class, what it gets and as a bonus my is part of the Order of the Black Lotus so it meets that prereq. Any ideas are welcome, even if they are generated from other sources 'cause the group I play with is a creative bunch(I'm no slouch myself :3) Although, for my character (Kruub is her name) I want her to be a Samurai with Iaijutsu as it fits best with how I see her as PC. That and I've always wanted to be able to sword fight in that manner. LoL.

Also, I hope you enjoyed the cookie! :3 There's more here if you want 'em. :3

Shadowfox8720
2014-12-01, 02:06 PM
Well, for starters, you might wanna think about a Dip into Marshal form the Minitures Handbook for that Motivate Cha Aura to try and double down on that 5th level Iai-jutsu master ability.

Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian is a great dip, and loss of Rage is fine since it's the totem your dipping in for. Heck, Dip in for 3 levels, that get's you a second totem, and you can fluff it as a sword style based on on watching Lions and Wolves or something else cool sounding. That Third level get's you the ability to pick up the utterly hilarious Trap Smasher AFC from Dungeonscape. It's great, use it, it fits Iai-jutsu flavor to a T. =)

And last but most assuredly not least, Tome of Battle, or, "Book of they finally got around to giving something nice to Melee." Diamond Mind and Iron Heart Maneuvers form a Warblade with a smig of Stone Dragon for the Mountain hammer line are AMAZING for a warblade. A Dip into Crusader for some extra maneuvers so you can also play with White Raven and Devoted Spirit more might not go amiss either.

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the barbarian idea as it fits in with her back story! I def gonna have to run that on her now. As for stuff from the Tome of Battle, ever since I ran my DWing Swordsage/Telflammar Shadow Lord my GM is saying no to anything from that book. LoL I kinda broke my gm that day. Here's a cookie! :D

Metahuman1
2014-12-01, 02:17 PM
If your DM thinks tome of battle is broken, I have a list of Spell casting classes he needs to ban, because he's seen nothing yet.

Shadowfox8720
2014-12-01, 02:30 PM
Yeah I wouldn't doubt it. He's intelligent but when it comes handling magic based classes he can be quite clueless at times. I remember when my friend ran a Necromancer that was summoning cloud giants, poor guy didn't know what to do.

Xerlith
2014-12-01, 03:33 PM
Well, Iaijutsu Master is as good as his 5th (or 8th) level, so...

Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Samurai 4/Hit-And-Run Fighter 1/Iaijutsu Master 5/Kensai 8/Fighter+1

If your DM was broken because he thought 3 full-attacks in a round are too much, then he shall see a build that blows the damage that one dealt out of the water.