PDA

View Full Version : Planar Havoc IC

asdflove
2014-12-01, 10:11 PM
A low rumbling echos across all of the planes, but life returns to normal after just a few moments for most denizens of the planes.

The SS Glory stops in an instant as a solid orb of force materializes around the ship right as the rumbling ends, and a man, sharply dressed in dark purple, appears above Captain Thomas, singing "Heeeello Children!" He floats gently to the floor in front of Thomas, his hands crossed behind his back. "Cap'in." He holds out a lilac skinned hand to Thomas for a handshake, grinning at him, his tongue poking through his teeth. "I go by many a names, but you can call me Marce." He takes his hat off, revealing a shock of violet hair. "I'm terribly sorry about stopping your ship here Cap'in. I've heard of many a great tales of you and your ship here, but I'm afraid I have to commandeer it. And your crew. And you for that matter." He adjusts his waist coat, smirking. "Boy, oh, boy do I have a mission for you, Cap'in. How would you and your crew like to save the multiverse?"
For any of you with ranks in Know. The planes, you can make a check. You may be able to know who this guy is.

When the rumbling crosses the plane of fire, it's hardly noticed among the crackling of the flames, but Ignacio certainly does, because the world around him freezes, and everything is tinted purple. Even the flames have stopped moving. The only sound is a whistling from the center of the city.

Keita was just in the Mansion of Life when the rumbling occurred, and though quite audible in the peace of the plane of life, she didn't have much time to wonder about it, before her world was tinged by purple and everything froze. A soft whistling almost seems to be calling her to another part of the mansion.

The brief rumbling is the only noise that's left when all the hustle and bustle of the city of doors suddenly freezes and is tinged purple, leaving only two people mobile and alert in the whole city; the dysfunctional father and daughter pair Tessengrim and Lernai. Seconds after the rumbling stops, a sharp musical whistle echos from somewhere, from one of the many portals in the city.

Quellian-dyrae
2014-12-01, 10:26 PM
"Weird..." Keita murmured, frowning in concentration for a moment before shrugging and following after the whistling noise, her hypercognitive senses making it a fairly trivial task. She moved with rapid ease through the mansion, "falling" down straightaways and taking corners and short halls in swift stride along the floors, walls, ceiling, or even open air, as convenient, as she traced the sound. Although to be honest she was putting even odds on it being Noell playing with some new spell or another.

Snowbluff
2014-12-01, 10:41 PM
Drathrundrial

The drow looks around. Her beautiful, dark blue skin shimmered in the light. It bothered her. The brilliant, silky, and white hair of hers was elaborately arranged into a tail and some braids, but she begins to undo these. "I'm going back to bed. It's too... day for me," she says. She turns on her heel and begins to move below decks. "Captain, darling," that last word came out particularly cold, "if this clown has something you are interested in, come and get me."

asdflove
2014-12-01, 10:54 PM
"Weird..." Keita murmured, frowning in concentration for a moment before shrugging and following after the whistling noise, her hypercognitive senses making it a fairly trivial task. She moved with rapid ease through the mansion, "falling" down straightaways and taking corners and short halls in swift stride along the floors, walls, ceiling, or even open air, as convenient, as she traced the sound. Although to be honest she was putting even odds on it being Noell playing with some new spell or another.
In the same room as an also frozen Vitadea is a glowing ball of purple light, clearly the source of the whistling. As she approaches it the whistling tapers off, and the sounds from the SS glory start to sound through, starting with Drathrundrial.

"I'm going back to bed. It's too... day for me," she says. She turns on her heel and begins to move below decks. "Captain, darling," that last word came out particularly cold, "if this clown has something you are interested in, come and get me."

"Now, Now, pretty. Don't go. I can turn down the light if you'd like. I don't need it. Besides, don't you want to hear what I'm offering all of you in compensation? For you I was thinking enough power to not only take back your rightful position, but to take over the country if you so pleased." He tilts his head to the side. "And do say hello. The first of the others I'm planning to recruit is already listening in." He chuckles.

Quellian-dyrae
2014-12-01, 11:05 PM
"Oh my goddess did you learn how to stop time that is so cool but do you realize you turned the entire manion pur- hello, what's this?" Keita said as she entered the room, going off on a stream of mostly-congratulatory rambling before she realized, nope, it wasn't her sister and in fact there was something...fishy going on. She kinda waved a hand in front of the goddess' face for a moment, tilted her head to one side, then the other, and looked to the ball of light as voices came through it.

Definitely some sort of time-stopping magic. Well, granted, she was basing that on the assumption that there wasn't, in fact, magic out there that could paralyze a goddess and an entire building full of her servants at the very heart of her power on her home plane. But she felt that was a safe enough assumption.

One of the planned recruits listening in, eh? "Mmm...hello? Testing, testing, can anybody hear me?" she spoke clearly to the ball of light, though not approaching it too closely.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-01, 11:18 PM
It's been mostly a typical day for Ignacio. Sales at the market went well; certainly not his best day, but respectable enough. He was taking a break in-between sales for some light crafting: a few diamond-studded broadswords would fetch him a fine product with the next procession of royals.

When the rumbling occurred, Ignacio barely took note of it--it was no problem of his. That is, until the flames he had been using froze in place. That made him frown a bit in irritation; he could create his own flames, of course, but whatever froze those flames might freeze his as well.

He takes off his apron and places his tools down, gathering up his scimitar and buckler and going to the door. Making his way to the center of the city, he says, If whoever is doing this inconvenience could reveal themselves, I'd like to have a few words. Looking around at the frozen landscape, and the fact he appears to be the only one unfrozen, he adds, I imagine you might like a word with me anyway.

Raunchel
2014-12-02, 12:31 PM
Lernai had arranged to meet her father her in Sigil, she wanted to discuss her plans of binding a marilith names Shaliss, one of the courtiers of the succubus queen herself. She wanted his help with some aspects of her spells, but now this was happening. Everything purple, and time itself stopping. For a few moments she wonders what this is, and she slowly flies towards the music-portal. She looks through it, "Now this is a curious event."

Knowledge(whatever, she has them all): [roll0], the planes: [roll1], spellcraft: [roll2]

asdflove
2014-12-02, 01:32 PM
Lernai had arranged to meet her father her in Sigil, she wanted to discuss her plans of binding a marilith names Shaliss, one of the courtiers of the succubus queen herself. She wanted his help with some aspects of her spells, but now this was happening. Everything purple, and time itself stopping. For a few moments she wonders what this is, and she slowly flies towards the music-portal. She looks through it, "Now this is a curious event."

Knowledge(whatever, she has them all): [roll0], the planes: [roll1], spellcraft: [roll2]

As you near it the noise whistling quiets and garbled noises come through that sound like voices, though it's not clear what is being said yet.

Raunchel
2014-12-02, 02:06 PM
Lernai is overcome by her greatest driving emotion, curiosity. She feels drawn to the portal, would this be the work of the Planar Lord? She almost hopes that it is. There are so many questions to ask, so many answers to get. She leans closer to the portal, almost sticking her head through. Then the perfect idea strikes her. She speaks, holding out a little black candle standing in a miniature bag. She covers the candle with her other hand: "Ashelaigh Marboth"

Two black hawks with burning red eyes appear from her hand. She whispers: "Start completing my orders when I say Ovumb for the second time. Go through the portal. One of you will return immediately, and will rest in front of me. The other will stay on the other side for one minute before returning through the portal to me. Ovumb."

She casts Summon Monster I to summon a pair of fiendish hawks. The animals get bluffed: [roll0] vs the sense motives of [roll1], [roll2]

So, let's see if the summoned hawks can even move, and what they report back.

INoKnowNames
2014-12-02, 02:07 PM
A being that could appear out of nothing is normally a sign of great dread, but after a moment to politely introduce himself, Thomas finds himself amused enough to lower his guard (in this case, his grip on his blades), and returns Marce's handshake. He crosses his arms, eyebrow arched in curiosity, as Marce makes his case.

"Drathrundrial, dear, you may want to stick around." the Captain finally replies. "It isn't often that we get guests who aren't trying to kill us on the spot, and this gentlemen's offer certainly sounds interesting. If you'd like to enjoy more beauty rest, I suppose I can let you know the pressing details, but you may want to hear him out yourself."

Leaning back to sit in the Captain's chair, he directs his attention back to the mysterious visitor. "Now then, Mister Marce. You had my curiosity when it seemed as if you warped space and time itself to arrange this meeting. The power to take over an entire country, or to save the multiverse? Now you command my attention." he remarks, leaning inward. "Pray tell, might you elaborate for us? It would be good for everyone involved, including these others you want to bring in, if we were all on the same page. What's the mission in question?"

Sense Motive of +28. I think I'll take 10, since the Dice Roller hates me right now.

How honest is this Marce being? And while we're at it, how dangerous a threat is he, from what I can tell?

Snowbluff
2014-12-02, 02:22 PM
Drathrundrial

The man's words give her pause, but she sighs and ignores him. Before she is able to leave, the captain speaks up. She gives him a blank stare from her pallid eyes. "If not now, later," she mutters in warning. She apparently decides to stick around, as she steps back onto the deck. Her shoulders are tense and her breathing is heavy. She's ready to get this off on the wrong foot, if it comes to that.

WhiteKnight777
2014-12-02, 03:21 PM
Tessengrim

Tessengrim looked around at the suddenly-violet world. Well, that wasn't something you saw every day. "Indeed. Who could stop time in Sigil? I doubt the Lady will be pleased. Unless this was Her doing..." The incubus looked perturbed at the thought. There wasn't much that could worry him, but the idea of drawing the attention of Her Bladed Majesty was enough to brown-trouser a Power. Perhaps it was time to find a door. He racked his brain trying to figure out what might have caused this, and at the same time prepared himself for attack.

[roll0] [roll1][roll2]

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-02, 04:45 PM
Finding the strange portal, Ignacio regards it with raised brows for a few moments. He cannot make out the sounds coming through, so he sticks his head through to better hear them. If someone could turn the world back on, I have work I could be doing, he says to whoever is on the other side.

Quellian-dyrae
2014-12-04, 04:36 PM
Her initial test not getting a response (or at least, not within the range of her incredibly-limited attention span), Keita just eyed the glowing ball curiously, shrugged, and went ahead and poked it with one finger.

Keita may not have been entirely sane.

asdflove
2014-12-15, 10:54 AM
Lernai is overcome by her greatest driving emotion, curiosity. She feels drawn to the portal, would this be the work of the Planar Lord? She almost hopes that it is. There are so many questions to ask, so many answers to get. She leans closer to the portal, almost sticking her head through. Then the perfect idea strikes her. She speaks, holding out a little black candle standing in a miniature bag. She covers the candle with her other hand: "Ashelaigh Marboth"

Two black hawks with burning red eyes appear from her hand. She whispers: "Start completing my orders when I say Ovumb for the second time. Go through the portal. One of you will return immediately, and will rest in front of me. The other will stay on the other side for one minute before returning through the portal to me. Ovumb."

She casts Summon Monster I to summon a pair of fiendish hawks. The animals get bluffed: [roll0] vs the sense motives of [roll1], [roll2]

So, let's see if the summoned hawks can even move, and what they report back.
They can move, but can't go through the portal.

Tessengrim

Tessengrim looked around at the suddenly-violet world. Well, that wasn't something you saw every day. "Indeed. Who could stop time in Sigil? I doubt the Lady will be pleased. Unless this was Her doing..." The incubus looked perturbed at the thought. There wasn't much that could worry him, but the idea of drawing the attention of Her Bladed Majesty was enough to brown-trouser a Power. Perhaps it was time to find a door. He racked his brain trying to figure out what might have caused this, and at the same time prepared himself for attack.

[roll0] [roll1][roll2]
You know purple is associated with the planar lord, though you know little about who the planar lord actually is.

Finding the strange portal, Ignacio regards it with raised brows for a few moments. He cannot make out the sounds coming through, so he sticks his head through to better hear them. If someone could turn the world back on, I have work I could be doing, he says to whoever is on the other side.
The sound suddenly sharpens and clears, and you're pushed back out, but can hear it clearly now.

Her initial test not getting a response (or at least, not within the range of her incredibly-limited attention span), Keita just eyed the glowing ball curiously, shrugged, and went ahead and poked it with one finger.

Keita may not have been entirely sane.

It flashed an even brighter purple for a moment, and the room rippled, unfreezing the goddess, who looks around startled, before irritably muttering "Marce..."

A being that could appear out of nothing is normally a sign of great dread, but after a moment to politely introduce himself, Thomas finds himself amused enough to lower his guard (in this case, his grip on his blades), and returns Marce's handshake. He crosses his arms, eyebrow arched in curiosity, as Marce makes his case.

"Drathrundrial, dear, you may want to stick around." the Captain finally replies. "It isn't often that we get guests who aren't trying to kill us on the spot, and this gentlemen's offer certainly sounds interesting. If you'd like to enjoy more beauty rest, I suppose I can let you know the pressing details, but you may want to hear him out yourself."

Leaning back to sit in the Captain's chair, he directs his attention back to the mysterious visitor. "Now then, Mister Marce. You had my curiosity when it seemed as if you warped space and time itself to arrange this meeting. The power to take over an entire country, or to save the multiverse? Now you command my attention." he remarks, leaning inward. "Pray tell, might you elaborate for us? It would be good for everyone involved, including these others you want to bring in, if we were all on the same page. What's the mission in question?"

Sense Motive of +28. I think I'll take 10, since the Dice Roller hates me right now.

How honest is this Marce being? And while we're at it, how dangerous a threat is he, from what I can tell?
"I warped nothing, I just paused it." He grins. "Ah, you see there's a little issue with the planes right now, and I need a capable team to handle it. I might be the planar lord, but there's only so much I can do." He pauses, flourishing his hand outwards as a plain shimmering silver disk projects from his palm. "This is something I've started to call a planar death disc, and someone's decided it would be a great idea to scatter them across the multiverse, which I really, really don't like. Should these be allowed to function they will completely unravel every plane they're on, and did I forget to mention that they can pass seamlessly from plane to plane?" He claps his hands, the image of the disc vanishing. "I'm stopping them best I can for now, but with how many of the freaking things there are, it's a bit of the struggle, even for me." He pauses. "Oh, and Keita, dear, don't poke it, I'll be there soon. Same for the rest of you."
He's being entirely honest and he's either a tough challenge or a dire threat.

Raunchel
2014-12-15, 12:03 PM
Lernai frowns when her pets can't follow her instructions, and the portal, it just remains there, and she can't find out what's on the other side. She hates it. Suddenly she lunges forwards, flying right into the portal, with her left hand extended. If she stops feeling it, or feels something strange she will break off immediately. She just has to know. She heard so much about the Planar Lord, but nothing conclusive.

Quellian-dyrae
2014-12-15, 01:32 PM
Keita immediately turned to her goddess as she unfroze and bowed formally...although it was somewhat undercut with a cheery, "Yay you're back!"

"So um, evening's entertainment appears to be cancelled on account of the entire mansion turning flipping purple. Also everyone being frozen in time. One of those things may be having a slightly greater impact than the other. And something something planar death disks? Those sound potentially bad. I think The Voice From The Purple is trying to offer me a job or something. Am I approved to consider it, or should I test what punching the Weird Purple Light does next? Hey, what's a Marse? Is he new?"

The whole time she was explaining/requesting orders/asking questions/babbling (Keita kinda had...issues...with focusing on one thing at a time), she was walking around the orb. Perpendicularly to the floor, because of course she was.

asdflove
2014-12-15, 05:15 PM
Lernai frowns when her pets can't follow her instructions, and the portal, it just remains there, and she can't find out what's on the other side. She hates it. Suddenly she lunges forwards, flying right into the portal, with her left hand extended. If she stops feeling it, or feels something strange she will break off immediately. She just has to know. She heard so much about the Planar Lord, but nothing conclusive.
The sound suddenly sharpens and clears, and your hand is pushed back out, but you can hear everything from the SS Glory clearly now.

Keita immediately turned to her goddess as she unfroze and bowed formally...although it was somewhat undercut with a cheery, "Yay you're back!"

"So um, evening's entertainment appears to be cancelled on account of the entire mansion turning flipping purple. Also everyone being frozen in time. One of those things may be having a slightly greater impact than the other. And something something planar death disks? Those sound potentially bad. I think The Voice From The Purple is trying to offer me a job or something. Am I approved to consider it, or should I test what punching the Weird Purple Light does next? Hey, what's a Marse? Is he new?"

The whole time she was explaining/requesting orders/asking questions/babbling (Keita kinda had...issues...with focusing on one thing at a time), she was walking around the orb. Perpendicularly to the floor, because of course she was.
"Yes. Hello Keita. Yes I noticed it's purple." She pauses. "Marce is... a person I suppose. He's known as the Planar Lord. If he's offering you a job, I highly suggest you t-" She stops abruptly. "Wait, no. Go back. Did you just say planar death discs?"

INoKnowNames
2014-12-15, 11:19 PM
Thomas finds himself mentally joking with himself during the first part of the conversation, but appears to respect the gravity of the situation at the mention of just how dangerous the matter at hand is. He steeples his fingers as he listens to the Planar Lord, honoring how grievous the problem must be if someone so powerful would seek assistance.

"Unless you intend to send whom ever you're talking to a different direction you intend to send us, why not have them come here now? It'd save you the trouble of needing to keep explaining yourself." Thomas remarks with a chuckle and a flourish. "If you can stop time, surely you can bring the rest you intend to address here, and if this matter concerns the safety of the multiverse, then all the help is more than welcome aboard. I like the multiverse exactly how it is; full of things and people I enjoy." he adds, throwing a wave toward his ship and crew, as well as his traveling companions.

As he finishes posturing, he tends his hands and leans into them to cover a sigh. "Now, these planar death discs. They've been scattered across the multiverse, but how many and how far do you think they've gone? How long has this been happening, and how long do we have to stop it before the universe goes belly up?" he asks the enigmatic magic man.

Quellian-dyrae
2014-12-15, 11:28 PM
"Yeah. Apparently someone scattered a bunch of them around the planes. They're supposed to, um, unravel them. The...Marce guy is holding them in check for the moment, apparently? This actually sounds kinda serious..." she murmured, apparently needing to think the thing through herself for it to correctly register as "danger" in her mind. "They're still discussing it. Can you hear the voices from the purple too? Guess it's kinda silly for me to keep telling you what they're saying if you can." She wasn't the storyteller, after all.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-15, 11:30 PM
Ignacio frowns when he cannot see who is talking, but takes the man's words seriously. If you can hear me, how are we to destroy or dismantle these "planar death discs"? I also rather like the planes the way they are, whole and un-deathed.

However, I will need to gather my wares before I head off on this grand adventure you've brought. And I'll expect recompense for working time lost; the fate of the planes or not, I have a business to uphold.

WhiteKnight777
2014-12-16, 12:48 AM
Tessengrim

Tessengrim watched his offspring flit through the mysterious portal, then sighed. Well, any being that could stop time in Sigil could probably smear his essence across the lower planes if it wanted to, anyway. Besides, gate-jumping was considered a recreational sport among some of Sigil's more extreme thrill-seekers. Granted, half the barmy sods were Doomguard, and he wasn't keen on taking cues from those nihilistic idiots. But in any case, there didn't seem to be any help for it. Tessengrim walked towards the portal, only to see Lernai get pushed back. Even more curious now, he stepped up beside her and pushed his own left hand against the aperture, testing the resistance.

Snowbluff
2014-12-16, 01:06 AM
Drathrundrial

Drathrundrial gives an exaggerated sigh. "Does it matter how long it will take? Either it gets done, or it doesn't. More importantly, we probably would have received a more polite warning if there was ample time. He may have tried a nice letter. The poison and Explosive Runes might have been omitted, if we were lucky," she says. She puts her hands on her hips, and squints her eyes at Marce. "If the captain will lead, I will follow." Her words are cold as ice, and did nothing to hide her naturally vitriolic nature. She couldn't bring herself to trust the stranger. Sometimes a drow's natural paranoia could be a valuable tool.

Sometimes.

Raunchel
2014-12-16, 04:53 AM
"Huh? Planar death disks? Those don't sound nice! But could you please begin again at the start? It would probably be a bit more helpful. Or just let my birds through. They would like it a lot.", Lernai answers, letting her mind race about these Planar Death Disks, or PDD's.

Knowledge(planes): [roll0]
Knowledge(any other(She has them all)): [roll1]

asdflove
2014-12-16, 10:33 AM
"Yeah. Apparently someone scattered a bunch of them around the planes. They're supposed to, um, unravel them. The...Marce guy is holding them in check for the moment, apparently? This actually sounds kinda serious..." she murmured, apparently needing to think the thing through herself for it to correctly register as "danger" in her mind. "They're still discussing it. Can you hear the voices from the purple too? Guess it's kinda silly for me to keep telling you what they're saying if you can." She wasn't the storyteller, after all.
"Yes, Keita. I can hear it too, though I do wonder why he bothers with such theatrics, instead of just bringing you to him if the multiverse is at stake. Do you hear that Marce?" She says the last part irritably. Whoever Marce is, Vitadea clearly has a lower than usual opinion of him.

Ignacio frowns when he cannot see who is talking, but takes the man's words seriously. If you can hear me, how are we to destroy or dismantle these "planar death discs"? I also rather like the planes the way they are, whole and un-deathed.

However, I will need to gather my wares before I head off on this grand adventure you've brought. And I'll expect recompense for working time lost; the fate of the planes or not, I have a business to uphold.

Tessengrim

Tessengrim watched his offspring flit through the mysterious portal, then sighed. Well, any being that could stop time in Sigil could probably smear his essence across the lower planes if it wanted to, anyway. Besides, gate-jumping was considered a recreational sport among some of Sigil's more extreme thrill-seekers. Granted, half the barmy sods were Doomguard, and he wasn't keen on taking cues from those nihilistic idiots. But in any case, there didn't seem to be any help for it. Tessengrim walked towards the portal, only to see Lernai get pushed back. Even more curious now, he stepped up beside her and pushed his own left hand against the aperture, testing the resistance.
His hand can pass through for a moment as if nothing is there, but is suddenly forced back.

"Huh? Planar death disks? Those don't sound nice! But could you please begin again at the start? It would probably be a bit more helpful. Or just let my birds through. They would like it a lot.", Lernai answers, letting her mind race about these Planar Death Disks, or PDD's.

Knowledge(planes): [roll0]
Knowledge(any other(She has them all)): [roll1]
She know absolutely nothing about them. At all.

Thomas finds himself mentally joking with himself during the first part of the conversation, but appears to respect the gravity of the situation at the mention of just how dangerous the matter at hand is. He steeples his fingers as he listens to the Planar Lord, honoring how grievous the problem must be if someone so powerful would seek assistance.

"Unless you intend to send whom ever you're talking to a different direction you intend to send us, why not have them come here now? It'd save you the trouble of needing to keep explaining yourself." Thomas remarks with a chuckle and a flourish. "If you can stop time, surely you can bring the rest you intend to address here, and if this matter concerns the safety of the multiverse, then all the help is more than welcome aboard. I like the multiverse exactly how it is; full of things and people I enjoy." he adds, throwing a wave toward his ship and crew, as well as his traveling companions.

As he finishes posturing, he tends his hands and leans into them to cover a sigh. "Now, these planar death discs. They've been scattered across the multiverse, but how many and how far do you think they've gone? How long has this been happening, and how long do we have to stop it before the universe goes belly up?" he asks the enigmatic magic man.
"Well two of them are in Sigil, which makes this a little hard, even for me. I'd have to go and pick them up personally, but being I just got the Lovely Vitadea's permission to take someone right out of her house..." He snaps his fingers and Keita is teleported here. "Everyone meet Keita. Keita, meet your new boss Captain Thomas and his crew." He grins briefly. "The last one, not counting the two in Sigil, is in the city of Brass, but he wants to fetch his supplies before I get him."
He sighs, seeming serious for the first time in this conversation. "So far I'm aware of 13, 9 of which have already been activated and it's taking most of my effort to stop them, if it wasn't for that, I likely could pluck those two from Sigill, not that I would. The lady of pain will be angry enough with me as is." He pauses, biting his lip. "The way they're scattered, erratically, makes me worry that there are more I've yet to find." He shakes his head. "The closest one is actually on the Plane of Positive energy right here in your home Planar system. Unactivated, floating in the mists somewhere, likely on it's way to the Plane of Air"

Drathrundrial gives an exaggerated sigh. "Does it matter how long it will take? Either it gets done, or it doesn't. More importantly, we probably would have received a more polite warning if there was ample time. He may have tried a nice letter. The poison and Explosive Runes might have been omitted, if we were lucky," she says. She puts her hands on her hips, and squints her eyes at Marce. "If the captain will lead, I will follow." Her words are cold as ice, and did nothing to hide her naturally vitriolic nature. She couldn't bring herself to trust the stranger. Sometimes a drow's natural paranoia could be a valuable tool.

Sometimes.
"I have a bit of a taste for the dramatic. Letters are boring, but I probably would have caught each of you in isolation to do a dramatic reveal if we had more time."

Raunchel
2014-12-16, 11:19 AM
Lernai sighs, these people should be clearer, and less dramatic. Why don't they simply mention where they are, so she can go there. But they don't even mention on which plane they are. Then it strikes her, what if they aren't proper mages? No scholars of the great arts? That would be possible, but then they would be nearly useless. "If you would kindly inform us of your present location we could end this little charade right now. I don't feel like expending my reservoir just to find you."

Snowbluff
2014-12-16, 01:08 PM
"Well two of them are in Sigil, which makes this a little hard, even for me. I'd have to go and pick them up personally, but being I just got the Lovely Vitadea's permission to take someone right out of her house..." He snaps his fingers and Keita is teleported here. "Everyone meet Keita. Keita, meet your new boss Captain Thomas and his crew." He grins briefly. "The last one, not counting the two in Sigil, is in the city of Brass, but he wants to fetch his supplies before I get him." "Enchanté." Drathrundrial's greeting is not very welcoming.

"I have a bit of a taste for the dramatic. Letters are boring, but I probably would have caught each of you in isolation to do a dramatic reveal if we had more time."
She slaps a hand to her face. "Well, thank Mystra for the imminent destruction of the multiverse. This is much more genteel." The last thing Drathrundrial wanted to think about was the sudden appearance of strange men in the otherwise comforting darkness of her private quarters. She didn't even want to the considerable collateral damage her room, and the rest of the ship, would have taken if someone had surprised her like that. The last person who tried something like that found himself falling fifty stories on a whim. It didn't help that her efforts would have likely failed to kill the cad. The feelings of impotence were at the forefront of her mind.

Quellian-dyrae
2014-12-16, 02:39 PM
Keita blinks as her surroundings up and change without her telling them to. "Whee..." she says, somewhat belatedly.

She arrived upside-down, and at a bit of an angle. Teleporting from a subjective gravity plane could be annoying that way. Oddly enough, though, she stayed like that, rather than politely falling on her head the way physics requested.

"Only got one boss," Keita corrected, lightly but pointedly. "And hi! Glad to meet you all! Granted, could have been better circumstances for it, but still th-"

She halted when Marce revealed that one of the disks was on her home plane. As suddenly as she had appeared in the first place, she was right-side up, feet firmly planted on the deck, and all of her admittedly-not-entirely-significant attention was focused on the Planar Lord. "Where is it? How do we destroy it?" she asked, worry on her face and in her voice.

WhiteKnight777
2014-12-17, 12:36 AM
Tessengrim

Tessengrim snorted. "Yes, daughter mine. But that would be the easy way to do things. In my experience, people who make grand gestures like this never do things the easy way when they can do them in a more bombastic fashion. Graz'zt, for instance, can't take his trousers off without a full fanfare and an abyssal choir of screaming orphans." He paused. "All right, bad example, since he doesn't actually wear trousers, but you get the point. We are meant to be awed by the vast and mysterious powers at play. Well, consider me bowled over, and let's get down to brass tacks." Granted, it was pretty impressive, but one of the first things you learned in Sigil was how to adopt the "been there, seen that, bought the tunic" attitude. If you let someone see they'd impressed you, they had an advantage on you.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-17, 12:58 AM
Ignacio humphs and goes off to gather his wares. In his office, he gathers his various Portable Holes and Bags of Holding with his wares, and douses the fire that was heating his latest creation. Or tries to, at least; he makes it so the fire will die down without spreading when he leaves if he cannot put it out to begin with.

Once he has gathered his things and donned his armor, he trudges back to the portal-talky-thingy. Alright, I'm ready to be teleported or whatever.

INoKnowNames
2014-12-18, 12:20 PM
"Sorry, Drathrundrial. I was just trying to comtemplate our options." he shrugs, wearing a stupid smile as he stands up, and tries to comfort the Drow. "Though I'll take this over half the greetings I've had in the past." As the newcomer, appears, Thomas sizes her up. "And speaking of greetings, don't be so hasty, Miss Keita. If we didn't have at least the opportunity to talk, it'd be too late for most of the realms as it is. Welcome aboard."

As to not seem apathetic to her situation, he addresses the Planar Lord directly: "So, what seems to be the plan, once all of your happy helpers are gathered in place? Will we be attempting to stop these... Planar Death Discs-because no one ever makes anything good for the Planes. Anyways, these things one by one, starting with the closest? Or did you have something else in mind? While some of the candidates for your mission are quite talented, including those in my company, I'm not sure how useful my particular set of skills might be to deal with these PDDs."

Snowbluff
2014-12-18, 01:35 PM
"Sorry, Drathrundrial. I was just trying to comtemplate our options." he shrugs, wearing a stupid smile as he stands up, and tries to comfort the Drow. "Though I'll take this over half the greetings I've had in the past." Drathrundrial slides her hands under her sunglasses and rubs her eyes. "I know. I know." She takes a deep breath, but she doesn't admonish the captain any further. Today has been stressful, and she only just got up. The ship really needs a sauna. "It could be worse," she admits. She might even be smiling a little. No, she's definitely not smiling.

qwertyu63
2014-12-18, 09:18 PM
Bracktha speaks, revealing that he has been standing off to the side the whole time. "Alright, what exactly do these death disks do? Obviously, they are some bad juju -- the name says as much -- but that doesn't say much."

WhiteKnight777
2014-12-18, 09:53 PM
Tessengrim

Tessengrim coughed - the kind of polite cough intended, not to clear the throat, but to make the listener aware of its presence. "I'm not sure if this thing functions both ways. Can you hear us in there? And if so, I don't suppose you could bring us through? This is a rather cumbersome way to do business. "

asdflove
2014-12-26, 01:06 PM
"Sorry, Drathrundrial. I was just trying to contemplate our options." he shrugs, wearing a stupid smile as he stands up, and tries to comfort the Drow. "Though I'll take this over half the greetings I've had in the past." As the newcomer, appears, Thomas sizes her up. "And speaking of greetings, don't be so hasty, Miss Keita. If we didn't have at least the opportunity to talk, it'd be too late for most of the realms as it is. Welcome aboard."

As to not seem apathetic to her situation, he addresses the Planar Lord directly: "So, what seems to be the plan, once all of your happy helpers are gathered in place? Will we be attempting to stop these... Planar Death Discs-because no one ever makes anything good for the Planes. Anyways, these things one by one, starting with the closest? Or did you have something else in mind? While some of the candidates for your mission are quite talented, including those in my company, I'm not sure how useful my particular set of skills might be to deal with these PDDs."
"Every group needs a leader, Captain." He grins. "Resourceful fella like yourself? You're exactly the kind of person I want leading this."
He snaps, a small chest appearing at Thomas' feet. "I need you to get them. If they're not activated this chest will destroy them and return their energy back to the planes that they were sapped from..." He pauses. "If they're activated don't put them in here unless the plane you're on will be destroyed immediately if you don't. It will stop it, but it will destroy the chest and may set off a massive energy ripple that could activate some of the inactive ones."

Bracktha speaks, revealing that he has been standing off to the side the whole time. "Alright, what exactly do these death disks do? Obviously, they are some bad juju -- the name says as much -- but that doesn't say much."
"Inactive: Absolutely nothing. Active: Sap energy from the plane it's on and try to rip apart the threads of creation that the planes are made of and completely unravel them. No I don't know where any of it goes yet. I'll be sure to tell you if I do." He gets more and more agitated as he gets through his explanation. "Crap!" He hisses, before vanishing, a glowing ball taking his place momentarily.

Tessengrim

Tessengrim coughed - the kind of polite cough intended, not to clear the throat, but to make the listener aware of its presence. "I'm not sure if this thing functions both ways. Can you hear us in there? And if so, I don't suppose you could bring us through? This is a rather cumbersome way to do business. "
Marce appears in front of Tessengrim and Lernai, the glow of the portal vanishing, looking anxious. "Hello. Marce. Planar Lord. Probably woke the Lady coming here, let's go. Bit of a rush now!" He snaps, appearing back in front of Thomas, Tessengrim and Lernai in tow. "Yes okay. So we have a teensy tiny problem." He mimes with his hand. "The nearest one just activated. And needs to be handled pronto. Kill the glowing Anguis, Kay? Kay." He snaps and color snaps back to normal and time resumes, and at the same moment the ship and everything on it is shifted to the Plane of Positive Energy, in the Mist. "Don't worry kids, you won't die. I protected all of you, 'cept Braktha who doesn't need it, from positive overdose. Gotta go. Kill the Anguis. Big, glowing anguis. Destroy the disk the appears when it dies." He's in a thinly veiled panic before vanishing again. Just seconds later you see what he's talking about when a bigger than normal, huge, anguis that's glowing fiercely white soars overhead, roaring. You can barely see white energy flowing towards the anguis. Roll for initiative.

WhiteKnight777
2014-12-29, 05:48 PM
Tessengrim

Tessengrim was not as bothered by the sudden teleportation as one might expect. Being an incubus, he was used to being suddenly summoned to attend to the wishes of some demented spellcaster or other. It didn't happen so much lately, since he was no longer residing in the Abyss, which was where most spells pulled their demonic targets from. Besides that, he was a bit too powerful these days for most conjurers to even think of binding.

Still, he handled the abrupt summons with suitable aplomb...

And of course, he'd been summoned to do battle. Not that he wasn't perfectly capable, mind, it was just that Tessengrim preferred to be able to talk things out. He could - and had - talk an angel out of his or her knickers. That didn't look likely to be an option here, though.

"If that was all he wanted, he might as well have summoned a bloody Balor. Those morons go in for this sort of hurly-burly, for all their pretenses at being the nadir of the Abyssal lowerarchy." Tessengrim muttered. Despite his complaints, there was power crackling at his fingertips as he called upon arcane energies to defend himself, and a wicked little smile at the corner of his lips.

[roll0]

Raunchel
2015-01-12, 01:25 PM
Lernai looks at the creature, and then remembers something, most people don't know anything, not even how many lobes the liver of a goblin has, so, she just has to tell them. All of her companions hear her excited voice in their heads: "That, my dear friends, is an Anguis, although it is one of rather extraordinary dimensions. As should be abundantly clear it is a creature thriving on positive energy, so if you want to hurt it, go for the opposite. It is quite vulnerable to that. It should also be obvious that it can breathe on you in at least three ways, positive energy, sonic energy and just regular air. What is harder to notice is that it is a dragon, so those claws, teeth and the like can actually hurt. That is why I recommend keeping a slight distance to prevent yourself from being killed in a horrible way", then her voice sounds through the real air: "Minelaigh Tan'Alith"

A group of demons appears, as if from nowhere. They are armed with two powerful bows, and immediately take position to shoot at the Anguis.

She summons [roll0] Arrow Demons (MM3), which will shoot once som

Quellian-dyrae
2015-01-12, 02:11 PM
Keita eyed the Anguis for a moment, shrugged, and the next moment she was, well, there, appearing upside-down in the air right in front of its face.

"Hiya!" she greeted.

And then she was moving, spinning around in the air while whirling about the dragon, occasionally vanishing and reappearing to a new location to continue her battle-dance from elsewhere. Two of the long ribbons that were part of her garb came untwined from her arms and fluttered lightly at the dragon as she danced about it, but though they seemed only to brush it harmlessly, wherever they touched, scales would crack and flesh would bruise. There was a rhythm to that battle-dance, a bardic magic as subtle as it was powerful, and it would guide her allies' steps.

Surprise Round action.

Keita gets an additional move action each round from Abundant Step, so she can both move and attack during the surprise round. She Charges the dragon, using the constant Air Walk ability of Way of the Dancing Foot to engage in the air and using Flash Step to treat the moment as teleportation.

As a swift action, she uses a Challenging Shout on the anguis, which calls for an Intimidate check at [roll0], against a DC of 10+Intimidate, 10+Sense Motive, or 15+Will, whichever is higher. If the check beats the DC, the anguis takes a -9 penalty on attack rolls and save DCs against anyone other than Keita for 9 rounds, on checks to avoid attacks of opportunity (such as Tumble checks or Concentration checks), and also provokes an attack of opportunity from anyone who threatens it any time it takes an offensive action that does not target or include Keita.

As part of her charge, she Pounces. Keita can move up to 190' on a charge. She can change direction during a charge and split up movement and attacks thanks to Way of the Dancing Foot.

Full attack, threats on a 13+ (unless anguis is more than 190' away):
EDIT: (Huh, rollv doesn't appear to work well, editing in totals for ease of calculation).
[roll1] 48 (Confirmation: [roll2]) for [roll3]+[roll4]+[roll5] Skirmish+14 (29 on a hit, 53 on a crit)
[roll6] 39 (Confirmation: [roll7]) for [roll8]+[roll9]+[roll10] Skirmish+14 (40 on a hit)
[roll11] 34 (Confirmation: [roll12]) for [roll13]+[roll14]+[roll15] Skirmish+14 (35 on a hit)
[roll16] 43 (Confirmation: [roll17]) for [roll18]+[roll19]+[roll20] Skirmish+14 (34 on a hit, 61 on a crit)
[roll21] 38 (Confirmation: [roll22]) for [roll23]+[roll24]+[roll25] Skirmish+14 (29 on a hit, 51 on a crit)
[roll26] 42 (Confirmation: [roll27]) for [roll28]+[roll29]+[roll30] Skirmish+14 (44 on a hit, 73 on a crit)
[roll31] 36 (Confirmation: [roll32]) for [roll33]+[roll34]+[roll35] Skirmish+14 (41 on a hit, 66 on a crit)
[roll36] 20 (Confirmation: [roll37]) for [roll38]+[roll39]+[roll40] Skirmish+14 (37 on a hit)

Weapons count as Magic, Adamantine, Good, Ghost Touch, and Chaotic.

From Legendary Leader, each time she hits, one ally in 95' may take a move action as an immediate action, if they wish. The first time in a round she crits, the bonus action can instead be a standard action. If a crit occurs, Bracktha can take the opportunity for a standard action. For normal hits that occur, priority for move actions is: Thomas, Ignacio, Tessengrim, Drathrundrial, Lernai, The Arrow Demons, Bracktha.

Current Hit Points: 157/157 (+157 Temp from Way of Dragon's Skin).
Current Chi Healing: 1,584/1,584.