PDA

View Full Version : So, I am actually thinking of taking Leadership.

ngilop
2014-12-01, 10:35 PM
Hello guys, well to say that the only group I can find to play with are horrible I a bit under stated.

But its the only game I can find.

The problem now is, we are level 6 and our magical items consist of a +3 mithril t handed sword ( that we literally just happened to aqcquire by fighting a CR 8 encounter getting lucky and somehow surviving- at level 2)

SO to counter the fact that other than the sword our other item is a ring that does a 2d6 firebolt once a day. I think I need to leadership a super cool Artificer.. Problem is

I have never made or seen an artificer made before SO I have no idea what they do, are capable of or what-not.

SO my character's leadership score is a , so that leaves me with a 6th level artificer. SO what suggestions can you give me to get an artificer that would be able to create super cool guy who can make items.

I am owed by a gnomish community, saving them from hobgoblins and all? so bonus points if you can think of a cool Gnome artificer.

Jack_Simth
2014-12-01, 10:41 PM
Well, first off, without further optimization, your cohort is limited to your level -2 (4th)... not that it really bothers an Artificer much, seeing as how their spell access is one full spell level faster than a Wizard's. With a lot of optimization, you could, however, have *multiple* 6th level Followers.

Sith_Happens
2014-12-01, 10:48 PM
So the party has one moderate magic item and one minor one to its name, but how much cash and/or nonmagical values do you have? Even if you have a crafter in the party they won't be able to do anything if you're poor. (1/2)*[Base price] doesn't grow on trees.

Though if your DM is permissive/tolerant enough in other ways it's not hard for an Artificer to make some serious bank...

TypoNinja
2014-12-02, 03:07 AM
If your DM is screwing you on gear, he probably won't put up with the party crafting itself a bunch of gear either. I really suggest you make sure he'll let you do this before trying it.