PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars

Jalil
2007-03-26, 01:36 PM
Besides it being a great game, I need to know how to restart it. My little brother played it last, and unless I want to try to beat it as a certain "lask10", I need to learn how to undo that. Any help?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-27, 02:16 PM
No idea, honestly. I don't remember how the first AW worked, but isn't there a way to start a new campaign and overwrite the old one?

Jalil
2007-03-27, 02:26 PM
I can start a new campaign, but the name still stays... I have yet to find anything on the web about it.

Krade
2007-03-27, 09:21 PM
Stuff like this is why I find it best to just not let my little brother touch my video games. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to come back after being gone for 30 SECONDS to find your whole memory card erased.

RoboticSheeple
2007-03-27, 10:45 PM
If you would like to erase data, press L, Select, and right on the D-Pad immediately after turning the Gameboy Advance on. The delete data option will appear, and if you want to begin again, you can.

says http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/code/471043.html

Jalil
2007-03-28, 12:49 AM
Aha! I had read that before, but I must have missed the part about turning on the GB. Most excellent. Now I'm good, thanks for the help!

ZebulonCrispi
2007-03-30, 11:43 PM
Advance Wars is one of my favorite strategy games in the universe. I've been playing alot of Dual Strike, and everything it adds aside from the actual Dual Striking mechanic is everything I could ask for. More maps, more COs (Sweet Zombie Jesus, Rachel is amazing), more wacky challenges (Crystals, Dual Fronts, Flying Fortresses, all of the Research Lab stages), the works.

Maybe I should actually buy the game, rather than stealing it from my brother all the time.

Gralamin
2007-03-31, 12:42 AM
Advance Wars is one of my favorite strategy games in the universe. I've been playing alot of Dual Strike, and everything it adds aside from the actual Dual Striking mechanic is everything I could ask for. More maps, more COs (Sweet Zombie Jesus, Rachel is amazing), more wacky challenges (Crystals, Dual Fronts, Flying Fortresses, all of the Research Lab stages), the works.

Maybe I should actually buy the game, rather than stealing it from my brother all the time.

No no no, you got it wrong
Colin is amazing, and more so if you have Sasha as well (if you dual strike with them make sure Sasha goes first)

This is how I have my Colin set up (skills):
Sale Price - Even Cheaper units
Gold Rush - Combined with extra cash
Star power - To get to the CO power quickly (NOT THE SUPER CO POWER)
Combat Pay - Some extra cash

Save up a few over CO power and activate the power once your done attacking. Don't buy anything that turn. Activate the Power Again next turn if you can. Repeat to gain cash at an amazing rate.

For Example: Lets say you have 5 properties, and lets ignore attacking and buying for now.
You start off with 5500 Cash, which grows by 5500 each turn. Lets say every 3 turns you can use your CO Power, and every 5 You Can Use it twice in a row.
You start gaining gold like this:
41250 - Turn 5
92125 - Turn 10
244406 - Turn 15
593914 - Turn 20

This gain Grows FASTER In actual game play as long as you take combat pay. Once you get to a sizable amount (say 9,999,999 at about turn 41, Probably 30 or 25 in actual gameplay if your good and facing multiple opponents [Grow that power bar]), and then Activate the Super power as soon as you can. Your infantry aren't strong enough to take out megatanks alone, however it can take out about anything else.

What other Tricks do I use...
2 APCs. Always. Make them follow each other and always have the one in the back move first and move the one that started in the front behind the one in the back after it has moved. This way they can go on forever, no fuel problems. Combine with megatank for win.
(Example: A and B are APCs, M is a Mega Tank
Start: ABM
Next Turn: BAM
3rd Turn: ABM
Next: BAM
Etc.)

Capture in two turns as long as you have 1 guy:
This is a pretty basic trick.
Equip Sami with Conquerer, Invader, APC Boost, Whatever you Feel Like.
Now When you capture something it will go down to about 3. Conquerer Alone Provides +2 so as long as your guys alive, that place is your.