PDA

View Full Version : The spider sewers (Plot)

Castaras
2007-03-26, 01:56 PM
The webs have parted, revealing a tunnel dripping with sewage. All is quiet...too quiet. Small red eyes peer down from the tops of the webs. A soft light comes from some strange fungi hung along the walls. The end of the tunnel is shrouded in darkness.

-----

Castaras cautiously moves forward to the beginning of the tunnel.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 01:58 PM
"Do you trust this worth a damn ?"

"Do I ####. Snowraven, hit it anyway."

Snowraven hits the detonator on the capital class shaped charges while the other girls let rip with the flamers to toast any spider and web still there.

((Uh oh, simued, hope she wasn't too close....))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:01 PM
(( Nah she weren't ))

The webs burn away easily. The spiders chitter and scuttle into their alcoves.

Castaras smirks and moves forward down the tunnel.

A dark shape stands at the end of the tunnel, waiting.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:03 PM
"Castaras, stay back, Snowraven's going to try something. It was the 1st little surprise we mentioned."

Snowraven picks up 2 Uzis, throws a plasma grenade at the thing and walks forward shooting.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:07 PM
The shadowed figure lifts a hand, and the plasma grenade bounces off a magical shield. If it explodes, it does no damage, merely making the shield flicker. Shooting just makes the barrier flicker as well.

So the little half human brought some little ickle friends. Why don't you meet my friends?

Castaras stays back, watching.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:09 PM
Snowraven continues to advance, shooting away at the obviously not Ilvari.

The other 3 girls pull grenade launchers and start hosing the area with flash bangs, relying on the fact that as she was Clan enhanced, these lost all effectiveness against Snowraven

"Screw you bitch. This is what I call a girlfight."

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:13 PM
They flash and go bang. The figure seems unaffected, yet stays standing. The barrier and the figure flicker noticably.

Feisty, are we?

Behind the figure a mediumish red dragon moves forward. It seems to be only medium sized, yet have the age of the largest of dragons.

Meet our friends.

The figure and barrier disappear.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:16 PM
Winterfrost grins and hits the dragon with an Implosion ((I'll resort to my NWN tactic in a minute....))

Snowraven pulls back to let her sister do the business.

((I've got the 1 winged angel music from FF7 Advent Children playing, damn its appropriate.))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:20 PM
The dragon blinks slowly, turns its head to observe Winterfrost, and breathes a cone of fire towards her.

Castaras moves quickly down the other side of the sewer tunnel.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:23 PM
Winterfrost takes the blast on the chin and emerges looking scorched.

The Cleric of Kelemvor ((Death God from an NWN module I played once)) fires a slay living at the dragon

Duskblossom sneaks down the rubble strewn tunnel towards the dragon.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:26 PM
The spell washes over the dragon's spell resistance. It moves fowards and swipes at Winterfrost with a claw.

Castaras carries on moving down the far side of the tunnel.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:28 PM
Winterfrost goes flying back.

"Ah screw it, everyone back or cover!"

Snowraven draws her sword and charges the dragon, trying to leap on its back..

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:30 PM
Castaras quickly moves past the red dragon, muttering and creating a shield around her.

The dragon watches Winterfrost fly backwards. It moves forwards.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:31 PM
((I assume Snowraven made it then :) ))

Snowraven tries to sever the dragons spinal cord with her sword. The other sisters shield or cover.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:36 PM
The spinal cord snaps in two. The dragon shudders, slumping forward. But the interesting thing Snowraven can see from the dragon's back:

About 15 more red dragons, and a small group of drow archers. The drow archers fire.

Castaras mutters something and fades away. Foot steps splash through the sewage past the dumb dragons.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:38 PM
"I was going to save this for Ilvari but what the hell, 15 dragons and a load of drow archers is as good a way to go as any. Be seeing you girls."

She charges the enemy group, firing her machine guns as she goes at the drow.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:41 PM
The bullets hit the drow and dragons. Two of the dragons move forward and swipe at Snowraven. Some of the drow archers draw their swords and defend themselves against the bullets. Others die.

The footsteps carry on down the tunnel into the darkness.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:43 PM
The dragons swipes miss because Snowraven vaults into the air, aiming for the middle of the group to start laying about her with her sword. The other girls reach into their bags of holding and produce portable antitank missiles. They fire on the dragons.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:45 PM
3 of the dragons stay near Snowraven, carrying on attacking her. The other dragons stomp up towards the other girls, taking the damage. More drow fall.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:50 PM
"Bye bye you freakish mutants."

Before the dragons can go too far, Snowraven suddenly slumps. Her eyes suddenly show the skull and crossbones and the results of Frank's experiments with ultra high yield plasma explosives goes off in her chest cavity.

2 tons of ultra high yield plasma explosive mechanomanced down to sufficient size to fit in a really small android shaped like a girl.
The real Snowraven drops her illusion of her as Nightstar and casts dimension door for all 3 sisters to go through.

((Dammit, I had my line for Ilvari all ready too :( ))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:54 PM
That was off camera.

The dragons get horribly mutilated by the explosion, and the drow...well all that's left of the drow is little bits of leather from their boots. The explosion hits Castaras' shield, making her visible as she concentrates on not getting hurt by the blast. Near the end of the tunnel Ilvari stands watching, using almost exactly the same shield as Castaras, yet with more ease.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 02:57 PM
The 3 sisters emege from the dimension door a bit back from Castaras. Snowraven fires a Disjunction at Ilvari

((do you have a spell list for mages and clerics handy that you could link to please ? All I have is my hazy memory of NWN and that was a while back. I know I have a horrible imagination though but damn, Ilvaris face if she thought she'd killed Snowraven would have been good. Bomb, £10, Drow, free, android, £50, the look on her face as that bomb goes off, priceless))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:01 PM
(( Here (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spellLists.htm) ))

The spell gets dispelled by some unknown source. Ilvari looks warily at the sisters, dagger out.

Well hello again. Come for a little chat have we?

Castaras quietly draws her crossbow.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:06 PM
"Hello, we haven't met yet, my name is Duskblossom and I'll be your psychopathic little gnome from hell today. Screw with my sisters and die."

Delivered absolutely deadpan

"I realise I'm meant to try and stop her, being a police officer and all, but stuff it."

"Can't really argue with that, can you ?"

((Thanks :) ))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:09 PM
Ilvari, Lolth, and Ilvari's player chuckle.

I'm sure you will all be fine. I won't "screw" with your sisters, if you don't get in my way as your dear sisters have been doing.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:16 PM
"I like her, she's funny. I don't think you get it. I'm a maniac. I know this and I've been happy with it for years. That means I get to do unpredictable things." She calls a little bit of power. "It also means no bastard gets to tell me what to do. So, if I choose to back my sisters, then it means that I'm going to smash your face to pulp and then, well, I haven't got that far. But I will."

((if this isn't spoiling too much, you wouldn't have the Hexblade spell list either would you ? The one time I decide to try something a bit different and I can't find the list.))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:20 PM
A whirl of dark magic surrounds her hands. Ilvari turns to Castaras

It's a pity. You could have gained so much if you stayed. But now you have so little you hang around with little girls...

Ilvari turns back to the sisters.

Such a shame isn't it?

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:23 PM
"well, if we're talking about little girls, we could always mention your pyjamas oh pink with kittens one."

*wolf whistles* "Verrrrry fetching, I must say."

*snigger*

"never said what it'd fetch though."

((9.30, where did that time go ?))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:26 PM
Enough.

A drider makes her way out of the shadows, holding two vicious looking swords. Ilvari gives a cruel smile, and takes a step back.

Meet my dearest friend. I'm sure you all with have so much fun.

Castaras fires her crossbow at the drider. The drider smirks and scuttles over to the sisters.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:28 PM
Duskblossom steps forward, the light of true madness in her mismatched eyes. She lets a flurry of blows off at the drider and begins the classic monk "You can't hit meeee" attack.

Snowraven sights in on the drider with one of her pistols and waits to choose her moment. Winterfrost gets ready to heal if need be.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:31 PM
The drider swings its swords at Duskblossom, getting hit once or twice by Duskblossom.

Castaras fires another bolt at the drider, draws her rapier and attacks Ilvari. Ilvari throws up a magical defence, drawing her whip and rapier.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:37 PM
Duskblossom gets hit once by the drider but doesn't care. Not at all. She's enjoying herself too much. She lets lose her quivering palm attack at the drider.

Snowraven uses her death attack on the drider while Frostwinter decides that castaras may need a little advantage, casting ethereal jaunt on her.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:41 PM
Snowraven's attacks injure the drider, and the quivering palm hits. But nothing happens to the drider. It grins, revealing fangs while it carries on swinging its swords at Duskblossom.

Castaras goes ethereal. Ilvari hisses and goes ethereal as well. In the ethereal plane the fight between the two goes on.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:46 PM
With the hit of the quivering palm, Duskblossom thinks "Die you little sonuvabitch" and awaits results, taking another swipe from the drider's sword across the face quite happily.

Snowraven empties her clip at the drider.

Frostwinter sees the 2 fighting away and decides to experiment, she's always wanted to see if spells cast on the material affect those on the ethereal. She casts Holy Aura on Castaras.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:49 PM
The holy aura does nothing to Castaras, who carries on duelling with Ilvari.

The drider starts shaking, violently, and then stops. It slumps to the ground, dead.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:52 PM
((God bless actually reading the rules for that :) ))

The girls look at each other and nod.

Snowraven waits for the ethereal jaunt to wear off

Duskblossom and Frostwinter head through the tunnel.

A very familiar, horribly so to Ilvari, whistling is whistling a tune quite faintly. If you had to put words to it, it might sound a bit like "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok...."

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:55 PM
A cavern teeming with spiders from tincy wincy to as large as the girls themselves. They scuttle over to attack.

The etheral Jaunts slowly fade revealing Castaras and Ilvari stabbing at each other with daggers. Ilvari shudders eyes going wide. She slowly falls backwards, dead. Castaras sways slightly, eyes shifting between red and blue.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 03:59 PM
"Oh hell, not good, not good. Glad the bitch is gone but this don't look good. ."

Snowraven backs down the tunnel the way her sisters went.

Frostwinter casts firestorm to try and toast as many spiders at once

As you get further down the tunnel, the lumberjack song becomes more noticeable. it is definately the lumberjack song. A favourite of people who are.... working at something manual, lumping something heavy.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:02 PM
Roast spider anyone?

A few of the larger ones survive with a few burns, and attack Frostwinter.

Castaras turns to the end of the tunnel, where the lumberjack song is coming from.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:09 PM
Frostwinter returns the attack with her sword and Duskblossom joins in. A spider bites Frostwinter and gets a mothful of Myomer artificial armoured muscle for its trouble. Frostwinter tries to punch it in the eye.

Snowraven continues to back down the tunnel, keeping her eye on Castaras to see precisely what's come back from the ethereal plane.

The lumberjack song is reaching its end.

Ok, time to bring Nightstar into this properly.

While the other girls were providing the distraction, Nightstar dropped out of a shadow in a quiet part of Ilvari's sanctum and has been quietly wiring the place with Thermite plasma and a couple of other things ever since.

((See what I mean by a bit spurious... and a surprise and somewhat more special abilities. Glad I told you, please forgive me, I wasn't expecting Ilvari to die quite so suddenly.))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:11 PM
Craponastick...

Castaras collapses on the floor, knocked out and dying.

The spider Winterfrost tries to punch gets punched. It squeals and collapses. The other spiders Duskblossom attacks get killed easily.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:14 PM
"Winterfrost !! Get up here quick !!"

The cleric hasn't gone that far and heads back at a run

Duskblossom heads off to find Nighstar who is happily making the last few connections on her detonator.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:17 PM
And all that's left is for the shrine to explode into little pieces.

Castaras remains fallen on the floor.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:20 PM
"aren't you forgetting something sis ?"

Duskblossom points at the shrine.

"Not at all, got something special for that one."

Nightstar pulls out of a bag of holding a very large charge and wires it in.

The two retreat and press the red button just as Frostwinter casts cure critical wounds on Castaras.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:23 PM
Castaras opens her eyes, sees the red button go down and throws up a shield.

There's a lovely big explosion. Afterwards all that is left of the shrine is little bits of stone and marble everywhere, and a small stone carving of a spider.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:26 PM
Duskblossom, being a patent lunatic heads back into the bombed cavern to souvenir hunt. She sees the carving, doesn't like it and tries to crush it underfoot. ((don't want to mess up a future plot if that's where you're going))

Frostwinter tries to ensure against Lloth's return by casting Hallow on the area. Just to make sure.

"Remind me to be very nice to Frank. I never thought that android would be useful"

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:29 PM
(( Nah, just a little detail. ))

The little stone spider gets crushed beneath her foot. The hallow settles over where the shrine was. Lolth's presence finally fades away completely. Castaras stands up, a little shaky, and picks up her rapier and crossbow.

Ouch. Thanks you four.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:32 PM
"No worries"

Frostwinter winces

"Bitch broke my rib. So much for an enhanced skeleton"

"That's 2 temples of Lloth on the scoreboard now.1 more for the hat trick."

"You are alright aren't you ?"

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:33 PM
Yes...I think so.

She gives a shaky smile.

Shall we head back?

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:35 PM
"Lets go."

"DUSKBLOSSOM, QUIT HUNTING FOR SOUVENIRS, TAKE ONE OF ILVARIS KIDNEYS IF YOU MUST, WE'RE OFF !!"

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:36 PM
Castaras heads out of the tunnels back into the main sewage tunnels.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:38 PM
The 4 girls come with her. the mad looking one clutching a pair of pink pjs. With kittens on.

Xaspian
2007-03-27, 06:55 AM
((Dammit. Pel would have loved that battle.))