PDA

View Full Version : Complete Mage Fey heritage prerequisite

Smegskull
2014-12-02, 01:40 PM
I am playing as a Killoren which is a Fey race. In complete Mage there are some nice Fey Heritage feats all of which (bar the starter one) have the prerequisite of the "Fey Heritage" feat "You are descended from creatures native to the fey realms. You are naturally resistant to the most common effects produced by your ancestors." As a Fey race do I still need to take this feat in order to meet the prerequisites for for the other fey heritage feats?

Zaq
2014-12-02, 01:45 PM
RAW, you still need to take the feat.

It's worth running by your GM, but the RAW is unambiguous.

Smegskull
2014-12-02, 02:06 PM
It could be ambiguous. The prerequisite is "Fey Heritage" not "the Fey heritage Feat" so...
Part of me also wonders if I should automatically be disqualified from all Fey Heritage feats as I am a Fey these abilities are already a part of me (I cannot become more fey just as a minotaur could not add the half-minotaur template).

Doc_Maynot
2014-12-02, 02:11 PM
(I cannot become more fey just as a minotaur could not add the half-minotaur template).

Actually, it can. This is due to the wording of it's restrictions: ""Half-minotaur" is an inherited template that can be added to any creature of the giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid type (referred to hereafter as the "base creature") from Small to Huge in size."

Bolded for emphasis.

atemu1234
2014-12-02, 04:23 PM
True, but running a half-minotaur minotaur gets you dirty looks and a copy of the Monster Manual upside the head.

Urpriest
2014-12-02, 04:28 PM
It could be ambiguous. The prerequisite is "Fey Heritage" not "the Fey heritage Feat" so...
Part of me also wonders if I should automatically be disqualified from all Fey Heritage feats as I am a Fey these abilities are already a part of me (I cannot become more fey just as a minotaur could not add the half-minotaur template).

It's capitalized, so it refers to the game element. In order for it to work as you describe it would have to have been lower-case.

darksolitaire
2014-12-02, 04:29 PM
True, but running a half-minotaur minotaur gets you dirty looks and a copy of the Monster Manual upside the head.

Needs to have Tauric Template in there somewhere. That minotaur can now taunt other minotaurs by saying that he is twice the minotaur they are.

atemu1234
2014-12-02, 04:31 PM
Needs to have Tauric Template in there somewhere. That minotaur can now taunt other minotaurs by saying that he is twice the minotaur they are.

Make it a Tauric Minotaur/Bull.

I AM THE MANOTAUR.

Zanos
2014-12-02, 04:36 PM
It's really not that optimal, since a creature that is already large doesn't get the size boost from half-minotaur. You're eating an LA for fairly little on an already bad race.

Marlowe
2014-12-02, 05:05 PM
"me half-minotaur. Other half, also minotaur".

nedz
2014-12-02, 05:50 PM
But in principle you could go for a
Half-Minotaur Half-Minotaur Half-Minotaur ... whatever.
Now that's a lot of LA, but CR only increases when the size increases.
So NI St, Con and Wis (also a few skill things) for a modest CR increase.
The stacking -2 Int might be a limiting factor, but I believe that is capped at 3.

Smegskull
2014-12-02, 07:32 PM
THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT MINOTAURS THANK YOOOOU!!!!

My DM passed it as ok quote: "look up the definition of heritage on google"..."yes you qualify."