PDA

View Full Version : Posions, what is up with doses?

felinoel
2014-12-02, 08:58 PM
So I was given access to this excel document that lists off poisons and crafting DCs and whatnot but it lists them by six doses... does that mean one unit of poison is six doses? Why do I see no where else anything using that specific number six when it comes to poisons?

enderlord99
2014-12-02, 11:07 PM
It means you brew six doses/units/bottles/et-cetera at once, and can't make any smaller batches.

KillianHawkeye
2014-12-02, 11:28 PM
I'm not intimately familiar with the crafting of poisons, but I don't recall ever seeing that you craft them by the half-dozen. It it possible this is homebrew?

felinoel
2014-12-03, 08:46 AM
It means you brew six doses/units/bottles/et-cetera at once, and can't make any smaller batches.
I was starting to think that but can't find anything on it...

I'm not intimately familiar with the crafting of poisons, but I don't recall ever seeing that you craft them by the half-dozen. It it possible this is homebrew?
It is possible I guess?

felinoel
2014-12-03, 11:38 AM
So I was given access to this excel document that lists off poisons and crafting DCs and whatnot but it lists them by six doses... does that mean one unit of poison is six doses? Why do I see no where else anything using that specific number six when it comes to poisons?

Let me rephrase this then, how many doses does one unit of poison have?

atemu1234
2014-12-03, 11:50 AM
Let me rephrase this then, how many doses does one unit of poison have?

I'd assume one as a general definition. Though it is undefined, I suppose.

felinoel
2014-12-03, 12:22 PM
I'd assume one as a general definition. Though it is undefined, I suppose.

Undefined?
... I play a fumigant alchemist, I use a lot of poisons. :smalleek: