PDA

View Full Version : How can I get knowledge skills as class skills, without dipping?

atemu1234
2014-12-02, 09:04 PM
For a build.

I need Knowledge (Arcane) at least 4 ranks, Knowledge (the Planes) at least 10 ranks, and Knowledge Religion at at least seven ranks. Any help is appreciated.

torrasque666
2014-12-02, 09:12 PM
Education. I know its in the ECS but its supposedly also from a faerun book.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-12-02, 09:14 PM
Education. I know its in the ECS but its supposedly also from a faerun book.

FRCS. It's also in a couple of other places and there's nothing about its mechanics or flavor that ties it to any setting at all. Burn a feat, get all knowledges as class skills.

Ninane
2014-12-02, 09:16 PM
Able Learner feat (races of destiny, I think) reduces their costs to 1, making it equivalent to purchasing ranks in class skills. They're still capped at nonclass skill levels, however, and it costs a precious feat so it might not suit your needs. Beyond that, I am unsure.

GreyBlack
2014-12-02, 09:31 PM
If your build can handle it, dip 1 level of factotum. All skills are class skills.

Darrin
2014-12-02, 10:16 PM
Consider using a Planar Substitution level (from the Planar Handbook) to get 8 ranks of Knowledge: the Planes, then take the Planar Touchstone feat. Link it to the Catalogues of Enlightenment (you don't actually have to visit there to get the basic ability). Choose the domain power of the Knowledge domain, which will let you treat all knowledge skills as class skills from then on.

[EDIT: Huh... actually, I think they'd still be cross-class, as they are only considered class skills for your cleric levels.]

Or, yeah... just take the Education feat from ECS.

Zanos
2014-12-02, 10:22 PM
If your build can handle it, dip 1 level of factotum. All skills are class skills.
Factotum 1 plus able learner will get you all skills as class skills forever.

Autohypnosis is nice.

Chronos
2014-12-02, 10:56 PM
Autohypnosis is sort of all-or-nothing. It's good if you max it out, but if you're anything less than about half-maxed, you might as well not have it at all.

A_S
2014-12-02, 11:58 PM
The Knowledge Devotion feat gives you one Knowledge skill of your choice as a permanent class skill.

The Apprentice feats from DMG2 give Knowledge skills of your choice, though the wording of the feat is odd and suggests that you may have to pay cross-class rate for them past level 5.

The Draconic Knowledge feat (Dragon Magic) gets you all of them. It requires Draconic Heritage, though, which requires either Sorcerer 1 or the Dragontouched feat, so it's an expensive investment.

The others I know of have been mentioned already.