PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed D&D 3/3.5 - trouble remembering a certain adventure module

agentnone
2014-12-03, 01:13 AM
I've tried my google-fu on this and came up empty handed. I ran this adventure about 4 years ago or so with my old group. I've since moved and will be starting a new campaign with a new group and would like to use this same adventure as a starting point to the campaign. Thing is, I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the adventure. I've gone through wikis and even googled different aspects of it with no such luck. So now I turn to you folks in hopes someone recognizes the adventure I'm having trouble finding. We didn't get too far into it so I only have limited details, but I hope it's enough to go on. Anyway, the details:

The characters arrive at some fort/keep/somesuch that has its entrance guarded by a few orcs. Some are inside the building that shoot arrows at the PCs through arrow slots in the walls. Further in is a large door that houses an ogre with two wolves. This encounter is almost a BBEG battle in itself. Further along are a series of troglodyte rangers (?) armed with javelins/spears, that once battle starts one tries to pull a lever to release a bear to help them out.

That's all I remember and as far as we got as that battle with the trogs/bear was a TPK. If anyone recognizes this adventure/module I'd be greatly appreciative.

Necrotheologist
2014-12-07, 01:40 AM
I think you're probably describing The Forge of Fury: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forge_of_Fury

An adventure that I ran for my group back in 2001, that they still remember fondly.

crankykobold
2014-12-07, 04:34 AM
Definitely Forge of Fury. I really enjoyed that one, used it as an opener for an all Dwarf campaign where they were reclaiming lost holds/mines etc for the Dwarven nations.