PDA

View Full Version : Help homebrewing

Iron Angel
2014-12-03, 02:08 AM
I'd like to play a Lycanthrope, but I need some help homebrewing what I want. Basically, the character is an unrepentant realist that maintained his intelligence and embraced his gift. He's not necessarily a good person, but values the concepts of free will and self-determination immensely, due mostly to the fact that he refuses to let his curse control him, and instead chooses to control the curse. As a result, he is permanently locked to his hybrid form. He doesn't use his bite in combat, because the gift is something you must be able to control, or else you will simply be reduced to a beast and the man that fears it, a terrible fate indeed. The option is available as a last resort- But he will not willingly bite someone except to save himself or another. Despite his immense value of freedom, he is loyal to those who will accept him, and wrathful to those who would threaten them.

I'm trying to whittle the template down to LA0. I've taken off the Racial SKills and Racial Feats altogether and made the DR 1/silver at first level, than +1 every 4th character level, so I don't start off immune to damage.

But to make a template LA0 there has to be bad to balance it out as well, its more than just removing the good. I was considering pulling the +2 WIS and adding a -2 INT and -2 CHA, because after all, this individual is basically half animal. Do you think that would be enough?

atemu1234
2014-12-03, 08:25 AM
This isn't the correct forum for Homebrew, it has its own section.

However, it sounds like you want a Shifter. It's a race from Eberron Campaign Setting, expanded upon in Races of Eberron.