PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Brigh's Evangelist boon: uses?

deuxhero
2014-12-03, 03:53 AM
You can affect constructs as if they were living creatures. Once per day, you can target a construct with a spell or spell-like ability, and the spell resolves as if its creature type were humanoid.

So what humanoid only spells are actually relevant by ECL11 with an effective caster level of level-1 to use this with and don't have "monster" versions already? You can't bypass construct immunities or infinite spell resistance (though not all constructs have that) and it doesn't make them count as "living".

The only use I can see is Reincarnate which is one of the rare ways to create a living creature from something other than basic genetics in PF.

Madbranch
2014-12-03, 06:20 AM
Does this boon make them loose immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms) and immunity to disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning?

Then perhaps something like Terrible Remorse, since at 10th level I don't think you have any death effect spells.

malonkey1
2014-12-03, 08:13 AM
Well, I think there's two interpretations:

The Powerful Interpretation: The target, for the purpose of the spell or SLA, is treated as a humanoid, losing all construct traits for the purpose of the effect.

The Weaker Interpretation: The target, for the purpose of the spell or SLA, is treated as a humanoid, but otherwise maintains all construct traits for the purpose of the effect.

felinoel
2014-12-03, 10:11 AM
Yeah as much of a fan as I am of Brigh, I just could not think of a purpose for this so I never bothered with it sadly... :smallfrown:

Sayt
2014-12-03, 10:28 AM
Enlarge/reduce person is the first thing that comes to mind. Intelligent constructs: charm and dominate person

Psyren
2014-12-03, 11:11 AM
I don't think it overcomes their immunity to mind-affecting, which limits is usefulness quite a bit. But you can still do things like heal a construct, or as others have said, you can enlarge/shrink one.

Keep in mind that humanoid-only spells are stronger in PF because they affect Giants now too.

kabreras
2014-12-03, 11:38 AM
I think the text is quite explainign hitself

You can affect constructs as if they were living creatures. Once per day, you can target a construct with a spell or spell-like ability, and the spell resolves as if its creature type were humanoid.

So for the spell the creature type IS humanoid and not construct.
So for the spell the creature LOSE the construct type
So for the spell The creature loose

Traits: A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).

No Constitution score. Any DCs or other Statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
Low-light vision.
Darkvision 60 feet.
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
A construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
A construct is hard to destroy, and gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the following table.
Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
Proficient with no armor.
Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

So for the spell the creature gain the humanoid type
So for the spell the creature gain

Proficient with all simple weapons, or by character class.
Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, or by character class. If a humanoid does not have a class and wears armor, it is proficient with that type of armor and all lighter types. Humanoids not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Humanoids are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
Humanoids breathe, eat, and sleep.

All construct does not have immunity to magic so it is a creature trait.
If the target have it it become an humanoid with immunity to magic for the spell

felinoel
2014-12-03, 12:21 PM
I don't think it overcomes their immunity to mind-affecting, which limits is usefulness quite a bit. But you can still do things like heal a construct, or as others have said, you can enlarge/shrink one.

Keep in mind that humanoid-only spells are stronger in PF because they affect Giants now too.

Personally I think it only exists to make healing easier.

kabreras
2014-12-03, 02:50 PM
Personally I think it only exists to make healing easier.

Why would it ?
The PRC is open to both arcane and divine casters.

Psyren
2014-12-03, 04:25 PM
BTW what book is her boon in? I might be reading Inner Sea Gods wrong but it seems to only have boons for the major deities.

deuxhero
2014-12-03, 08:15 PM
Lords of Rust. Archives of Nethys just added it (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/SourceDisplay.aspx?FixedSource=Pathfinder%20%2086% 20%20Lords%20of%20Rust)