PDA

View Full Version : Where does he get those wonderful toys? [spell/Modern]

Dhavaer
2007-03-26, 05:43 PM
Conjure Gear
Conjuration [Creation]
Level: Arcane 2; Casting Time: 1 swift action; Components: S; Effect: One piece of common equipment, Small size or smaller; Duration: 1 round/level

You cast the spell, and a small piece of equipment appears in your hand. This object may be anything of Small size or smaller, with a PDC of your caster level or less.

Morgan_Scott82
2007-03-27, 03:01 PM
I assume since you're using PDC this is for d20 modern? If so I think it works quite well. You might want to add some clarifying text, since one of the first things that popped into my mind was if a character conjures a Beretta 92F (Size small) does he also conjure ammo? If you address these and other questions the spell will be much easier to implement.

Ok the Beretta was a bad example since caster level 16 is almost impossible to obtain in modern, but I think you get the idea.

Hzurr
2007-03-27, 03:14 PM
I could see how this could be very usefull. The rogue forgets his thieves' tools, so the wizard summons a pair.

Hmm... Summon climbing gear, get halfway up the cliff, then the duration expires...

alchemy.freak
2007-03-27, 04:45 PM
Question, does the piece of gear come from somewhere. or is it made by the spell.

also, hzurr, this is modern, there are no rogues or wizards, and forget summoning the thieves tools, summon the key instead.

also what about things that are priceless, a song written on a piece of paper has no value, but could make millions on record sales. same goes for a piece of paper with a bank vault combination written on it

TheThan
2007-03-27, 05:21 PM
I like this, short and simple. plus i love the batman quote

Hyrael
2007-03-27, 06:37 PM
I thought it was a Jay and Silent Bob quote.

Nice.

martyboy74
2007-03-27, 07:35 PM
Nah; Joker says it while Batman's 'flying' away.

Also, to the comment about the music/bank combonation, it says "one piece of common equipment.

Hzurr
2007-03-27, 08:02 PM
also, hzurr, this is modern, there are no rogues or wizards, and forget summoning the thieves tools, summon the key instead.

Oh snap. I should learn to read.