PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dragon PC Monster class

Lloyd-Starbuck
2014-12-03, 04:13 PM
Hi, i was looking for ways to make a dragon PC and came across the dragon PC monster class in dragon magazines #320 #332. i was wondering if anyone have played one and if it' balance.

Flickerdart
2014-12-03, 04:43 PM
Dragon PCs are far too weak. NPC dragons are matched by CR, but PC dragons have to contend with HD (typically hyper-inflated to make dragons appropriately touch for their status) and LA (absurd for any monster race). Furthermore, you will never actually be able to go beyond Young Adult, missing out on all of the iconic abilities.

Typically, people who want to be dragon PCs take the minimum number of levels to gain a wyrmling's abilities and then multiclass out.

Lloyd-Starbuck
2014-12-03, 05:00 PM
how good would this class be if i was able to gestalt.

Flickerdart
2014-12-03, 05:02 PM
Playable. Most of what makes a dragon awesome is a passive ability (such as Ex flight, natural AC, stat boosts, etc) so it would work well when combined with an active class like a Sorcerer, but the powerful HD (with full BAB, highest HD, and great skills) won't be very good because you basically only get one every other level. You would still be better off with another class but you can lean on the power of your gestalt's other side to get you through.