PDA

View Full Version : The Typo Thread

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-26, 06:49 PM
Found any typoes? Post them here! This is not a thread to point out Rich's mistakes, he is the god of awesome, but I'm tired of cluttering up the forums with whole threads about just one thing like "Ooh look in strip 144 Thog is talking normal!" or "OMG Haley's bubble in the last panel of strip 319 isn't see-through!" So, please don't make any more entire threads for a single typo. Post them here, please.

Every time you make a thread about one typo, Thog eats a pie. Thog doesn't want to get fat.

Haruki-kun
2007-03-26, 06:52 PM
wow............ I thought you were kidding when you said you were gonna open up this thread...........

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-26, 06:55 PM
wow............ I thought you were kidding when you said you were gonna open up this thread...........

I was not.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-26, 07:37 PM
Movkingbird, I salute you.

EDIT: Irony. A typo in a typo thread.

skinkatlarge
2007-03-26, 08:47 PM
Movkingbird, I salute you.

EDIT: Irony. A typo in a typo thread.
It was inevitable. When someone points out a minor mistake on the internet, about 80% of the time the post in which he does so has a mistake itself. So if it wasn't you, it would've been someone.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-26, 08:58 PM
It was inevitable. When someone points out a minor mistake on the internet, about 80% of the time the post in which he does so has a mistake itself. So if it wasn't you, it would've been someone.

Skinkatlarge's Law? Or Rule?

piestandsalone
2007-03-26, 10:10 PM
ok here's one in OOTS 429 4th panel down to the left Xykon's face is missing

Edit: nevermind Thexare proved me wrong

Thexare Blademoon
2007-03-26, 10:12 PM
He's looking the other way, piestandsalone.

Edit: That is to say, away from the screen.

skinkatlarge
2007-03-26, 10:26 PM
Skinkatlarge's Law? Or Rule?
Heh. I'm sure someone's pointed this out before. But if history has in fact been made, here, go with "skink's law". The nickname has evolved as I've moved around, but the original works better.

You know what? Never mind. I'd get ten billion internet geeks doing mathematical analyses of mistake frequency that prove me wrong...

"HA! It's actually 78.482%!!!"

The irony would be too much.

Hypothetical
2007-03-26, 10:37 PM
In the fourth panel of 431, the Death Knights green amulet is just hanging there, guess the giant forgot the necklace.

Jawajoey
2007-03-26, 10:43 PM
In the fourth panel of 431, the Death Knights green amulet is just hanging there, guess the giant forgot the necklace.

No, it's there. It's really dark, but you can see it if you look.

(BTW, I saw that mistake. It said "first panel" but when I went to quote it was suddenly "fourth," and when I went back to look it was fourth. You may have foiled my plan to nitpick, but I'm on to you now. :smalltongue: )

Also, when I read the title of this thread, I was kind of hoping it was actually a "Type-O" thread, a la "Treasure Type-O," if you know what I mean. :smallwink:

BobTheDog
2007-03-26, 11:40 PM
Little pervert. Go get you Type-O from Roy, he seems eager to share. :P

Charity322
2007-03-26, 11:41 PM
Actually, I don't think typos has an e so first post spelling error. :smallbiggrin:

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-27, 06:28 AM
Actually, I don't think typos has an e so first post spelling error. :smallbiggrin:

Technically typo is just a blend of the phrase "typographical error" so any use of it is grammatically incorrect.
And to cover all my bases: all spelling and grammar errors in this post are deliberate.

Haruki-kun
2007-03-27, 12:19 PM
In the OOTS Board game, Haley is accidentally printed on top of Roy on the last page of the comic, first panel.

Not a typo, but I think it fits here. Pretty sure I'm not the first to notice.

fwiffo
2007-03-27, 12:41 PM
Technically typo is just a blend of the phrase "typographical error" so any use of it is grammatically incorrect.

Says who?

Miriam - Webster (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/typo)
Inflected Form(s): plural typos

Dictionary.com and American Heritage (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/typo)
ty·po –noun, plural -pos. Informal.

And last but by no means least - Google-off.
Typoes - 69,900
Typos - 13,400,000

It's a word.

*goes back to eating his potatoe*

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-27, 01:20 PM
Says who?

Miriam - Webster (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/typo)
Inflected Form(s): plural typos

Dictionary.com and American Heritage (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/typo)
ty·po –noun, plural -pos. Informal.

And last but by no means least - Google-off.
Typoes - 69,900
Typos - 13,400,000

It's a word.

*goes back to eating his potatoe*

Says me, I must be right because I posted it on the internets.

Its a serious buisness.