PDA

View Full Version : Agile Heavy Armor Fighter

Gwazi Magnum
2014-12-03, 07:59 PM
Basically is there a way to make a fast/agile fighter who functions in heavy armor?

The idea is inspired by Berserker in Fate Zero.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-03, 08:01 PM
Basically is there a way to make a fast/agile fighter who functions in heavy armor?

The idea is inspired by Berserker in Fate Zero.

How fast do you want to go?

Gwazi Magnum
2014-12-03, 08:13 PM
Above average, 50-60ft probably.

Though I'm also thinking agile in terms of stuff like AC, Reflex and Initiative.

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-03, 08:17 PM
Above average, 50-60ft probably.

Though I'm also thinking agile in terms of stuff like AC, Reflex and Initiative.

Oh! I thought you meant like 900-1200ft or something like that.

Well the Halfweight armor enhancement from underdark makes heavy armor count as light armor. That should keep your speed at 30ft. Then just get a haste or expeditious retreat spell cast on you.

Wham Bam thank you ma'am 60ft speed.

As far as AC initiative and relex go, Improved Initiative is pretty much a good choice on any character. Relexes are just a matter of picking the right base class (like warblade hurray for int).

You AC is probably gonna be a lot better if you stay out of armor all together.

Gwazi Magnum
2014-12-03, 08:31 PM
Cool! :)
I'll have to give that a look, thanks.

Elric VIII
2014-12-03, 08:50 PM
I'd recommend looking into Warblade from Tome of Battle. I encouraged one of my Fighter players to do a multiclass focused in Tiger Claw and he enjoyed it. It was a really simple Fighter 2/Warblade 6 before we had to break up the group for winter break. He was jumping around and having fun.