PDA

View Full Version : AMPed! Quickjolt M&M3e Solo Game

Sangenkai
2014-12-04, 02:00 AM
The not so distant future...

Alterna Laboratories. Biofuels division. Your Bio-Gel research laboratory.

For a research-start-up-turned-lean-and-mean-corporate-high-tech company, Alterna Laboratories knows how to hook a scientist up. Your lab has all the latest goodies - entire ROOMS full of -20 and -86 Centigrade freezers, ALL FOR YOU (no more sharing from your university days); multiple high RPM centrifuges; high-throughput microfluidic array machines; PCR robots up the wazoo; aquariums full of electric eels, rays, and elephantnose fish; and best of all, your own two man team of eager-to-please Ph.D.s.

Well, at least one is eager to please.

One of your pet research scientists, Dr. Richard Hsu, is currently polishing up your research slides on your latest Bio-Gel reactor research, for your presentation in an hour. Your other assistant, Dr. Parvathy Menon, is in the Clean Room working on something or other; unlike Richard, Parvathy has a mind of her own, and despite your misgivings, is pursuing a line of inquiry about testing Bio-Gel for superconducting qualities.

As usual, Richard has his smartphone tuned to National Public Radio as you both work. Suddenly, All Things Considered gets cut off...

"We interrupt NPR for breaking news.... Police are advising that all commuters avoid the area around Chadwick Square, by the Pursuit Bank; there appears to be an armed robbery in progress and traffic is being diverted.... repeat, there is an armed robbery in progress, and hostages have been taken..."

Richard groans. "Damnit, I have to pass Chadwick Square to get home! I hope that crap gets cleared up during our meeting..."

Chadwick square is only 20 miles away, but you DO have that presentation in an hour.

What do you do?

Mr.D
2014-12-04, 08:06 AM
Quinn froze A bank robbery? This could be my chance! To finally do some real good. BUT the presentation! Dammit.....But it's not far away...and I can be fast. Very fast. I can't just leave those people in there... he thoughtfully lifted his mug, he was on decaff these days, he didn't need the extra energy from coffee Coffee! That's it!

Gathering up his keys and bag he started walking towards the door
"Richard, I'm going on a coffee run. Do you want some coffee? I'll get you some coffee, maybe some donuts" Quinn heads out the door without waiting for a response, stopping off outside the Clean Room and using the Intercom " Dr. Parvathy, please put your experiment aside for now and help Richard finish the presetation. I'm going for coffee, I should be back in time" then he hurried down the hall out of the doors and into the car park, moving around the corner to be out of sight the building He kept his suit on under his clothes these days and his mask and gloves and boots were in the bag, in a blur of motion he got changed, stashing his bag in a nearby alleyway, before with a crackle of electricity he burst into a run.

Arriving at the scene he pulled up at the back of the crowd, OK hero, you got here, now what!? he looked around for a Police officer and approached as confidently as he could manage "Um....I'm Quickjolt, anything I can do to help?"

Sangenkai
2014-12-07, 01:15 AM
Chadwick Square, Police Cordon Surrounding the Pursuit Bank

Several dozen officers, forming a perimeter around the bank, stare at you blankly as you appear in a cloud of whirling debris and the scent of ozone. A bunch are actually gaping.

The most quick-witted, an Asian woman in probably her forties, finally approaches you.

"I'm Sergeant Zhang, I'm in charge, at least until the brass deem it worthy enough to get their fat behinds here. Are you that electric bolt that's been saving people all over the city?"

She sizes you up and down. Apparently, she likes what she sees.

"About 30 mins ago, the silent alarm was pulled. We've had a perimeter set up since then, but so far, no one has entered or left the building. We tried establishing comms... nothing. For some reason we can't tap into bank live security to get eyes inside, either, and the damn bank has those blacked out one-way glass, so we have no clue how many are inside."

Mr.D
2014-12-08, 07:32 AM
Bolstered by mention of his previous deeds Quickjolt stands a little taller "Yes, that's me. Call me Quickjolt" he listens to her report then looks to the building.

"do you have a way in? I can't punch through a wall or anything and even if I could I don't want to risk the hostages." h leans in and talks a little quieter "I'll be honest with you Sergeant. This is my first time on something like this. I@m fast, really fast. Maybe even fast enough to blast the goons before they hurt anyone, but I'd like to get this done as safely as possible, so if you have a way in for me that'd be a great help" he looks up at the building again "What about the roof? I could run up the side and go in from there?"