PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Is There a List of All of the Playable Things? (have already got the +0 to+2 LAs)

unseenmage
2014-12-04, 09:19 AM
I'm working on a randomized list of every playable creature in 3.x and I have a few questions,

- Is there a list of all of the playable creatures whose Level Adjust is above +2? I've seen the lists of every playable creature of +0 LA, +1 LA, and +2 LA. Even have them organized by starting ECL and have ALL of the playable Templates listed.

- How much text will actually fit into the first post of a thread. Didn't think this one would come up but the word doc I have for this is at 56 pages and counting.

- Is there a 'best way' to go about converting an excel spreadsheet into a table here on the forums? Doubt there's an easy answer to this one but I figured I'd ask anyway as I have several niche useful spreadhseets that could be useful to other folk but I havn't learned to tables on GitP yet.

EDIT: To be clear, I am not looking for lists of the playable races. That I have. I'm looking for a list of all of the monsters with listed level adjustments.
To restate, I already have the +0 LA races, the +1 LA creatures/races, the +2 LA creatures/races, and every template.

Trasilor
2014-12-04, 12:59 PM
Everything is playable, given the right circumstances.

Seriously, what is the point of such a list? Players will not have truly random encounters with creatures. Rather there would be distribution of races and probability assigned to them for any given population.

Otherwise, you might as well just break out the monster manuals.

Roll a d5 for which book then roll a d(page-count) and turn to that page. You could set it up in like 5 minutes using excel.

unseenmage
2014-12-04, 01:22 PM
Reincarnations by ECL. Random NPCs and Cohorts and Followers all by ECL.

And having an alphabetized list of every playable creature by ECL is useful on its own, even if you ignore the d% numbers beside them.

Now that the justifications portion of our thread is over is there any assistance you would like to provide or would you like to remark on the uselessness of my endeavor some more?
Edit: My apologies for being snippy. Just defensive about a weeks long project. Thank you for the PMed advice and list.

AuraTwilight
2014-12-04, 04:11 PM
http://luduscarcerum.blogspot.com/2012/07/custom-reincarnate-tables-3-central.html this is my go-to Reincarnate table, if it helps any.

unseenmage
2014-12-04, 07:16 PM
http://luduscarcerum.blogspot.com/2012/07/custom-reincarnate-tables-3-central.html this is my go-to Reincarnate table, if it helps any.

Thanks for that. I remember having stumbled upon it before but had forgotten how to find it again.
Appreciated.