PDA

View Full Version : A Bone Knight's Bone Armor (3.5)

Chester
2014-12-04, 04:00 PM
Question for the playground:

Can a Bone Knight's Bone Armor be "applied" to pre-existing armor, or is it completely an independent thing?

For instance: can it be added to an existing suit, say Full Plate +2 w/ fire resistance 10?

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-04, 04:29 PM
Not by RAW, but if a player I was DMing for asked me about it I'd be okay with them turning their already-magic armor into bone armor. What would the verb for that be? Boning?

Seffbasilisk
2014-12-04, 04:44 PM
No. You can make and wear bone armor. Your previous armor wasn't bone armor, because you could wear it then. You can wear bone armor you find now, and you can make your own. If you make your own and make it masterwork, you could see about either enchanting it, or getting it enchanted. Talk to your DM, you might be able to get the enhancements transferred over. If you make your own, worst case: hiring scores of craftsmen to each aid to get the +2, and using them all as raw material when you were through.

...the best I've had it was a Troll-blooded Human Jumpzerker/Boneknight. Had a Lucerne hammer, and started a holy war on the basis of Detect n' Smite. Ended up with skin grafts from Black and Gold dragons, and giving worship to St. Cuthbert.

Chester
2014-12-04, 05:00 PM
Talk to your DM, you might be able to get the enhancements transferred over.

Yeah. The ruling is that if we can find official rules about transferring enchantments, it's OK.

Seffbasilisk
2014-12-04, 07:10 PM
If you're good aligned and willing to spend a feat on it, you can take Ancestral Relic (probably take one of your ancestor's bones) and build it into your armor. Then you can sacrifice magical items up to a cap (set by level) to get their full value in shiny on your bone armor.

DM handwaving may be required for the alignment bit.

Other than that, it looks like it's all homebrew, pathfinder, or antiquated stuff.

Chester
2014-12-12, 11:24 AM
Follow-up question, rather than start a brand new thread:

Does anyone know off-hand the cost to manufacture masterwork full plate bone armor? Going that route, then paying to have it enchanted.

Ellowryn
2014-12-12, 12:52 PM
As per the entry in the Bonecraft Armor description, the exact same cost and creation time as armor of its type. Therefore if you wanted to make a masterwork full plate bone armor it would cost the same as normal masterwork plate armor, which is 1,650gp normally.

Chester
2014-12-12, 05:50 PM
Thanks.

Any enchantment types you'd recommend? Cost around +1 enhancement?