PDA

View Full Version : Silliest grapple build

Heliomance
2014-12-05, 09:55 AM
Take a Chaotic Evil Tibbit. Give it two levels of Soulborn. Give it three levels of Stoneblessed (Goliath). Give it the Goliath Barbarian Racial Sub Level. Give it Weight Focus (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c). You now have someone who can turn into a cat, and take no strength penalty. As a cat, they can rage, and become Large. And they can grapple as if they were Huge.

How would we go about optimising this? What sort of glorious shenanigans can we get up to?

Uncle Pine
2014-12-05, 10:17 AM
Custom item of continuous Fearsome Grapple: +8 circumstance bonus to grapple checks
Improved Grapple: +4 untyped bonus to grapple checks
Gloves of Titan's Grip: +8 enhancement to grapple checks, 7 rounds, 3/day
Meldshapes: there are probably a couple useful, but I'm AFB and not enough familiar with MoI to remember them. Maybe Girallon's arms?

paperarmor
2014-12-05, 10:34 AM
Grillion arms and the Kraken's Mantle are the two best grappling melds get something like Psycarnum infusion to get them to count as full with out moving a bunch of essentia around.

Uncle Pine
2014-12-05, 11:59 AM
There's also Expansion if you're willingly to take some Psychic Warrior levels.

EDIT: Depending on your Int modifier, Factotum 3 may be worth to add Int to Strength checks (including grapple), Dexterity checks (including initiative), etcetera. A psionic Factotum (with powers instead of spells) would be ideal because you could combine Factotum 3 with Expansion, but unfortunately I don't think such a thing exists.

Dgrin
2014-12-05, 03:34 PM
Speaking about silliest Grapple builds, may I suggest another build I was thinking of lately?

Take Hairy Spider. Apply Unseelie Fey template to make it lose its Mindless trait. Now you need 10 levels of Binder and Improved Binding to get the ability to bind Zagan.
Zagan grants you an ability of Improved Grapple:

You gain the benefit of Improved Grapple feat (PH 95). In addition, you are considered to be of Large size for the purpose of making Grapple checks, and damage you deal with a successful Grapple check to a grappled foe is lethal damage

Now you have Fine-sized (likely winged) spider who comes to your leg, bites your toe and suddenly you're grappled and it constricts you to death :smallcool:

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-05, 03:36 PM
It's worth noting that it's unclear whether or not substitution levels are "effects" of the sort that Stoneblessed refers to. If they are not (which is my opinion), then they can't be taken by Stoneblesseds, because Stoneblessed only allows access to PrCs and feats.

WhamBamSam
2014-12-05, 11:07 PM
Someone's already mentioned Zagan, but in the context of a non-Tibbit build. You apply things in the most beneficial order, so a Tibbit can make use of Zagan and Weight Focus to grapple as if huge as a tiny sized cat. CE Tibbit Soulborn 2/Binder 10 (or Binder 5/KoSS 5 if you don't mind being locked into a second vestige besides Zagan) is tons of fun.

I also like it from a fluff standpoint beond just "it's funny." It's believed that cats developed the whole hissing thing to imitate snakes, and something about that little factoid makes a Zagan-oriented Tibbit build just feel right.

ben-zayb
2014-12-05, 11:56 PM
There's also Expansion if you're willingly to take some Psychic Warrior levels.

EDIT: Depending on your Int modifier, Factotum 3 may be worth to add Int to Strength checks (including grapple), Dexterity checks (including initiative), etcetera. A psionic Factotum (with powers instead of spells) would be ideal because you could combine Factotum 3 with Expansion, but unfortunately I don't think such a thing exists.

Grapples isn't a Strength check, though Trip and Bull Rush are.