PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Ardent/Ur-Priest/Psychic Theurge

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-05, 01:44 PM
I want to make an Ardent/Ur-Priest/Psychic Theurge for single-ability double-ninths. I also want to get into Ur-Priest as soon as possible. Are there any manifesting-advancing PrCs that 1) have a good Fortitude save and 2) can be taken as my fifth character level? If not, I can just go Ardent 6/Ur-Priest 2/Psychic Theurge 8/Ardent 4 and still get double nines, but the earlier entry the better.

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-12-05, 01:56 PM
I believe the one psigish PrC from Lords of Madness has a good fort save, but it probably runs afoul of Ur-Priest's alignment requirement.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-05, 01:57 PM
I believe the one psigish PrC from Lords of Madness has a good fort save, but it probably runs afoul of Ur-Priest's alignment requirement.

Sanctified Mind is any nonevil, yup. Also doesn't advance casting/manifesting at 1st level.

Another question: What would be a good choice of mantles for an Ardent? I'll be getting either four or five of them, and want stuff that won't overlap with the divine spells too much.

Psyren
2014-12-05, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't dip at all - 10 levels of Ardent are worth it for Dominant Ideal.

Another question: What would be a good choice of mantles for an Ardent? I'll be getting either four or five of them, and want stuff that won't overlap with the divine spells too much.

If you're using Mantle Substitution, pick any mantles that you can justify getting the specific powers you want.

If you're using the mantles as-written, some that add good abilities to a cleric chassis are: Freedom (movement/utility), Deception (social+defense), Time (utility), Energy (blasting), Force (blasting+defense+utility), and Fate (defense+utility.)

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-05, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't dip at all - 10 levels of Ardent are worth it for Dominant Ideal.

If you're using Mantle Substitution, pick any mantles that you can justify getting the specific powers you want.

If you're using the mantles as-written, some that add good abilities to a cleric chassis are: Freedom (movement/utility), Deception (social+defense), Time (utility), Energy (blasting), Force (blasting+defense+utility), and Fate (defense+utility.)

Oh, wow, Dominant Ideal looks awesome. Makes for a nice build capstone.

Thanks for the mantle suggestions, those do all look good.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-12-05, 03:06 PM
Creation is also not bad, with its opening with Astral Construct.