PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Feat for a 5th level Cleric

RedMage125
2014-12-05, 03:57 PM
I've got a dwarven Cleric of Cayden Cailean who just hit level 5 (Mythic 1). Going through the Rise of the Runelords adventure path.

I'm having trouble coming up with which feat to choose. I currently have:
Combat Casting
Craft Wonderous Item(considering retraining)
Extra Channeling

I may take Deific Obedience, so that I can take Evangelist (Inner Sea Gods) next level, but I don't know if my DM will allow that Prestige Class, and not taking the feat if I can't take the PrC.

Before anyone asks, I have a CHA of 10, so I can't take Selective Channeling.

Any help? Even suggestions that involve 2 feats may be helpful, as I am considering retraining the Craft feat.

Kurald Galain
2014-12-05, 04:10 PM
The War Blessing feat gives you some interesting options, although Cayden isn't the best deity for that.

Psyren
2014-12-05, 04:24 PM
You should go for Exalted (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/exalted) instead of Evangelist - not only are the boons better, Exalted is 10/10 casting as well, and you even get a free birthmark holy symbol.

RedMage125
2014-12-05, 09:52 PM
You should go for Exalted (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/exalted) instead of Evangelist - not only are the boons better, Exalted is 10/10 casting as well, and you even get a free birthmark holy symbol.

Thought about it, but Evangelist is 9/10 casting AND Channel Energy, and the Skill Points are better.

Exalted has better 2nd and 3rd boons, but crappy spells for the 1st boon. Also, I would need to take Skill Focus Knowledge (religion). Exalted's class abilities don't get decent until 5th level of the PrC, whereas Evangelist has some decent abilities from the get-go.

Also, to the suggestion of War Blessing, the Strength and Travel blessings aren't that great, ad are kind of redundant with my domain granted powers.

I appreciate the input, though. Anyone else got some more suggestions? Game isn't until next Tuesday.

Pex
2014-12-05, 10:20 PM
If you Channel Energy to heal during combat, Selective Channeling is important. If you retrain for it, then also having Quick Channel works great for action economy. Heal the party as a move action and do something else as a standard action.

It is controversial, but if your group is allowed to use the new Advanced Class Guide then Divine Protection is a juicy option, adding your Charisma modifier to all your saving throws.

deuxhero
2014-12-06, 02:52 AM
His charisma is only 10 though,.

Unless your GM isn't giving you downtime to use CWI, I'd retrain combat casting first.

You can do worse than Spell focus: Conjuration+Augment Summoning.

Spore
2014-12-06, 10:29 AM
Before we superpower your character we might get to know your party members. It's no use to supercharge your Clericzilla powers when your Barbarian is constantly mortally wounded.

What are your domains? What's your goal with the character?

Psyren
2014-12-06, 12:05 PM
Thought about it, but Evangelist is 9/10 casting AND Channel Energy, and the Skill Points are better.

Exalted has better 2nd and 3rd boons, but crappy spells for the 1st boon. Also, I would need to take Skill Focus Knowledge (religion). Exalted's class abilities don't get decent until 5th level of the PrC, whereas Evangelist has some decent abilities from the get-go.

Also, to the suggestion of War Blessing, the Strength and Travel blessings aren't that great, ad are kind of redundant with my domain granted powers.

I appreciate the input, though. Anyone else got some more suggestions? Game isn't until next Tuesday.

...Am I looking at the wrong one? The Evangelist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/evangelist) I see has no casting at all.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw the "aligned class" ability.

Pex
2014-12-06, 02:55 PM
His charisma is only 10 though,.

Unless your GM isn't giving you downtime to use CWI, I'd retrain combat casting first.

You can do worse than Spell focus: Conjuration+Augment Summoning.

My bad. Didn't see that. My posting becomes moot. Sorry.

RedMage125
2014-12-07, 01:24 PM
Before we superpower your character we might get to know your party members. It's no use to supercharge your Clericzilla powers when your Barbarian is constantly mortally wounded.

What are your domains? What's your goal with the character?

Lol, I guess I'm not trying to overly "superpower" the character. The GM wants us to ask before we can use anything from outside the Core book.

His domains are Strength and Travel. I'm the only healer in the party, but I'm not trying to only be a healbot. I dunno, I namely want to have fun with the character and be effective.

Party is a human Lore Warden; Gnome Dragon Sorc; and 1/2 Orc Ranger