PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Character Help: Feat ideas to fill in a Gestalt Warlock Grappler

sage20500
2014-12-05, 08:26 PM
Ok, so, I just redid the current prospective build I came up with for this character, and am currently not sure what else I should take for feats to fill in for levels now. So the character is already level 7 in the game we are playing so its impossible to change anything pre level 8. I'm actually having a lot of fun with the current build that is focusing on grapple shenanigans, so I'd like to keep to that focus of the build if possible, really the feats I'm looking for are things that could possibly make me tankier or help my character better serve his purpose as the meat shield single target controller of the party.

My fellow party members are a gestalt wandslinger artificer/rogue, and a greatspear wielding Warblade-Eternal Blade/Mix of a bunch of fighter themed classes Half Dragon Half Elf.

House rules that are in play for this campaign. We get a feat at every even level, every 4th level we increase two ability scores by 1, and all 3.5 material is open that is not homebrew or 3rd party.

My character is an Awakened Magebred Magic Blooded Wolf, my stats at level 7 are 25 Stre, 20 Dex, 24 Con, 12 Int, 13 Wis, 23 Cha. My AC is currently 27, 5 from Dex mod, 6 from natural armor, and 6 from 1 level in Battledancer. My saves are 15 Fort, 15 Reflex, and 10 Will. I have DR 2/Cold Iron. When it comes to grappling my character currently has a grapple check of 18. I picked up the snatch feat so every time I make a bite attack I get to attempt both a trip and a grapple as an addition of my bite attack. All natural stat increases go towards Strength and Charisma.

My current build is:

Level 1: Wolf 1/Warlock 1

Level 2: Wolf 2/Warlock 2

Level 3: Awakened 1/Warlock 3

Level 4: Awakened 4/Warlock 4

Level 5: Battledancer 1/Warlock 5

Level 6: Martial Rogue 1/Warlock 6

Level 7: Enlightened Spirit 1/Warlock 7

Current Feats: Weapon Focus (Bite), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Track, Snatch, Surrogate Spellcasting, Improved Grapple, Grappling Blast, Improved Unarmed Strike, and all characters just gained a least dragonmark for free as a part of the campaign plot.

I have Nymph's Kiss as well as my level 1 feat, but my dm has requested for me to change it to another feat because he does not like charisma based characters to have this feat as well. Skill wise my character has maxed Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, Gather Information, Spot, and Spellcraft.

Level 8: Marshal 1/Warlock 8 (Minor Aura: Motivate Strength to add my Cha to grapple checks)
Feat for level might be Mage-slayer (Minatures Handbook)

Level 9: Totemist 1/Warlock 9 (Soul Melds that I'll be making will be Girralon Arms and Kraken Mantle)

Level 10: Wolf 3/Warlock 10
Feat for level: Martial Study- Stone Vise

Level 11: Wolf 4/Warlock 11 (Character size will now increase to large)

Level 12: Enlightened Spirit 2/Warlock 12
Feat for level: Open Lesser Chakra- Arms: Bind Kraken Vest to Arms

Level 13: Enlightened Spirit 3/Warlock 13

Level 14: Enlightened Spirit 4/Warlock 14
Feat for level: Martial Stance: Crushing Weight of the Mountain

Level 15: Enlightened Spirit 5/Warlock 15

Level 16: Enlightened Spirit 6/Warlock 16
Feat for level: Scorpions Resolve (Sandstorm)? possibly?

Level 17: Enlightened Spirit 7/Warlock 17

Level 18: Enlightened Spirit 8/Warlock 18
Feat for this level: Not sure

Level 19: Enlightened Spirit 9/Warlock 19

Level 20: Enlightened Spirit 10/Warlock 20
Feat for this level: Not sure

Again the main point of this build was to increase my grapple check as much as possible firstly, and after that figure out ways to improve grappling as well. I think I've done this for the most part since I can't find any more legal feats or ways to help me out in that respect. So now i guess I'm looking at ways to make my character either more tanky or more noticeably threatening compared to the other two more squishy characters. I originally was considering doing a level of binder and some Hellfire Warlock into this build, but my dm was not very favorable of that particular combo to allow someone to use Hellfire without any penalty at all, so I took that out of the build to spare myself from having books thrown at me and am instead doing Enlightened Spirit in order to keep increasing eldritch blast damage.

So other than that, I'm open to any ideas for feats that can help me out in some way, or any other build ideas that will allow me to make the core gimick of this build even more shenanigantastic. :)

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-12-06, 01:45 AM
Practiced Spellcaster is solid if you do end up losing caster levels. Feats for Fist of the Forest are also good, because Fist of the Forest just makes too much sense here.

Beast Strike (I sadly don't remember the source here) would let you add unarmed strike damage to your natural attacks, if you end up with more effective monk levels. It often gets suggested along with Eldritch Claws (Dragon #???) when monk/warlock get blended together.

While I love Incarnum and Totemist fits like a glove, nonhumanoids sadly do not have access to all of the same binds. Obviously, everyone would get the totem bind, but I don't think you would get access to the hands slot. While I do remember this stupid humanoid centric stipulation, I'll be darned if I know where it is in the book.