PDA

View Full Version : Player Help I've got my cohort . . . now I need followers!

Chester
2014-12-06, 08:43 AM
3.5, my Dread Necromancer just took Undead Leadership as his 12th level feat.

Cohort is finished. Now I just need followers.

Charisma score is 23 (21 plus a cloak of cha +2). Leadership score is 20 (level, cha modifier, +2 for undead followers), so I get:

50 1st level followers
5 second level
3 3rd
2 4th
1 5th

I want to make this simple: I'm not rolling more characters, so I'd rather just go with standard undead creatures.

Level 1 is simple: 50 skeletal elven archers.

Other than that, what do you recommend?

With a box
2014-12-06, 09:05 AM
Make a twitter account
Can a shadow fit in level 5? It's CR 3...

Inevitability
2014-12-06, 10:10 AM
Can a shadow fit in level 5? It's CR 3...

Savage Species has a shadow class. It's 10 levels long, but a ECL 5 shadow follower is possible.

OldTrees1
2014-12-06, 02:06 PM
How do you want to use the followers?

(Un)Inspired
2014-12-06, 02:11 PM
Make them marshals and dragon shamim and collect a bunch of passive benefits just for having them around.

Also, a Slaymate.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-06, 03:41 PM
Make a twitter account

:smallbiggrin:
10 characters

Gryphonfg
2014-12-06, 03:58 PM
Maybe some larger zombies to work as meat shields. I don't have any of the books in front of me, so I don't know what level ogre zombies would be.

Chester
2014-12-06, 07:05 PM
How do you want to use the followers?

World conquest?

Bob of Mage
2014-12-06, 07:32 PM
Skeletal and zombie dragons have some custom rules in the Dracononmicon. Might be doable for if you can work out what level they equal with your DM.

In the Eberron Campaign Setting book there's a type of skeleton and zombie (Karrnathi skeleton and Karrnathi zombie which are named after a nation so they might need a rename in your game world) which aren't mindless which might work for the higher level slots. Again no one got around to adding LAs or ECLs, so you'll need to work it out. They do have 3HDs so they will at least take a third level slot. The fact the aren't mindless and create no spawn will be a plus. Also I would think you can advacne them as needed with class levels.

Otherwise I'd go with melee type undead so you can keep your archers "alive". I would prefer more skeletons since they have more speed and can react better. Also on the plus side they take less damage from friendly fire then zombies.

On a final note be aware that if you take a ghoul in your level five slot you must have it release or destory any spawn it creates.

OldTrees1
2014-12-07, 02:10 AM
World conquest?

What optimization scale?
Non Conventional Tier 1(Tier 1 campaign breaking methods)
Non Conventional Tier 3(Social/Economic networks)
Infinite Conventional(Wightpocalyse and variants)
Geometric Series Conventional(Followers have minions that have minions that have ... [Sum is Finite])
Constant Conventional(Followers do not have minions)

Inevitability
2014-12-07, 04:12 AM
Again no one got around to adding LAs or ECLs, so you'll need to work it out. they don't have any.

Fixed that for you. :smallwink: