PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Help the forces of evil!

Themike
2014-12-06, 08:13 PM
Please help the forces of evil!
Running a 3rd Ed game that meets monthly, just started running it though it was ongoing for more than a year before that and we mostly have just played through modules. I'm trying to introduce a plot that gathers several of the plot elements from the various modules that we used. I've settled on there being 2 major villains and most of the opponents have been their pawns. Now that the group is above 6th level I want to introduce them to who they've really been fighting.
I just need help with character design.
My real world job has basically doubled my workload for the next 2 months and any assistance would be great!
The 2 Head bosses are-
Afflux, god of Necromancy and Death
Nox, god/goddess of Darkness and Chaos

Their lieutenants are
A serial killer with either the power to drain life from his victims into himself to prolong his life and grant him youth or an enchanted dagger that does it for him. He'll be a human with levels of rouge, sorcerer and ranger, Level 11 character, LE alignment, actual age 120s physical age 32. Serves Afflux, his minions are a female elf assassin and a gnome bard illusionist.

A mummy that is undead and able to teleport via two rings of blink embedded in his torso and an amulet of dimension door, before he was mummified and revived he was a level 9 barbarian/ranger, 500 years ago he served a conquering barbarian king (think Genghis Khan) in charge of fast attacks with small groups to weaken and divide enemy forces. He'll have a bard/con-man to be his public face, a wizard to transport his gang and a hit-squad of 7-9 barbarians, rouges and rangers (Levels 4-6)

Someone who can cast fireballs and summon several elementals to attack towns and small armies, basically a very showy agent of chaos. He serves Nox and is basically addicted to murder and mayhem.
3 halfling rouge/wizards specializing in Illusion and Conjuration, Level 10, working for Nox, these women have 2 large henchmen/enforcers a semi-intelligent animal like a tiger or a griffon with an enchanted collar to help it be teleported where needed and a harness to protect it from spells and a permanently enlarged half orc who would be their combat monster/defender.

So any help, assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

balegar
2014-12-06, 10:18 PM
You could base the serial killer loosely off of H. H. Holmes (build a hotel of horror that he lures victims to). The female assassin could lure male's in and the gnome could fill in the gaps.
The mummy and his minions, I would imagine would stick with hit and run tactics like he did in his previous life. Such as taking out supply line's and bridges pertinent to a town's defenses.
The blaster/summoner could attack said town more directly, allying with the mummy and unintentionally becoming enemies with the serial killer. Destroying said town is counterproductive to his business of selling body parts on the black market and collecting their possessions as well as his massive insurance fraud schemes (semi-close relations to said victims).

Themike
2014-12-06, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=balegar;18497816]You could base the serial killer loosely off of H. H. Holmes (build a hotel of horror that he lures victims to). The female assassin could lure male's in and the gnome could fill in the gaps.

The Devil in the White City was an amazing book!
The Two gods and their minions are actually working against each other and have frequently used the team as cat's paws to thwart their opponent. Neither of the gods are very powerful and are doing things to try and either weaken other gods or to create situations that will make them more powerful in some ways, probably should have mentioned that.

balegar
2014-12-07, 01:08 AM
Yeah I like that! It makes me want to play that campaign.