PDA

View Full Version : The Heavenly Battlefield of Vigrid

Fenric
2007-03-27, 08:39 AM
A plain before Valhalla, site of the final battle: Ragnarok.

The forces of Jotunheim array themselves against the Aesir: They nearly fill the enormous field.

Rainspattered
2007-03-28, 10:34 PM
((As a God-fist, battling Evil gods who seek to oppress mortals is Rainspattered's bread-and-butter. Would it be okay for him to end up at Ragnarok, confused by which Gods were good and which were evil and totally out of his oriental-mythos-element as he tries to figure out which Gods are good and which are bad?))

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 10:37 PM
((Well... if he did that I'd expect he'd get tossed out by the fates pretty quick.
Not to say I am adverse to the idea... but IC he might have some problems))

Rainspattered
2007-03-28, 10:54 PM
((He's a god-hand. essentially, he's a monk of such great purity it allows him to treat deities as normal people because he perceives them so equally to all other beings that they become that way in his universe. Mind over manner combined with extreme egalitarianism. So, the fates could try to toss him out, but they'd be doing so as three essentially orinary women (I don't believe the norns were warriors or sorceresses of any sort, outside of being themselves, but they were my least favourite part of Norse mythology, so I could be wrong) trying to physically move an epic-level monk. He's got that one on lockdown, as it were. In conflict with the gods, he gets in stickier situations, since they're powerful warriors and casters in their own rights, aside from divinity.))

AmberVael
2007-03-28, 10:55 PM
((Well the problem is that the fates aren't technically goddesses... they have power over everyone, including the gods.
Even if you argue that they are goddesses, which is possible... technically... Skuld is a valkyrie as well and therefore will be matching you in combat quite well))

Rainspattered
2007-03-28, 11:14 PM
((It's not even a god/goddess, thing, it's that everything is on an equal playing field. But, skuld is a Valkyrie, so that would probably end up a long fight, IC, and more of a problem for poor Rainspattered.))