PDA

View Full Version : Alerian Chronicles: Illumination (Trying this again)



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Alicorn
2007-05-31, 09:19 AM
((I'm paying attention, I'm just carrying on an extended debate about doing something really stupid to figure out what the stuff in the cauldrons is.))

chiefwaha
2007-05-31, 10:13 AM
Waha turns and listens to the exchange. "Return to your rest abominations," he says. He raises his holy symbol and recites a prayer to Pelor, and a blinding flash of light pulses from it.

Greater Turn Undead (Sun Domain Power)

Turn Power Check; Turn Damage (1d20+9=22, 3d6+12=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1077326)

Able to affect Undead up to 10HD
Automatically Destroys 22 HD of Undead, starting with the closest, need line of effect(zombies in coffins won't be affected :smile:)

Rejakor
2007-05-31, 01:19 PM
Cann of the Mist

"So be it then." Cann snarls, his face filling with holy fury. Deep inside him, the part that is still rational listens to the vampire's words, and then rapidly reaches a conclusion. Their 'master' is going to do something to those girls! I've gotta.. regain.. control.. of.. But those few thoughts are drowned out in a torrent of holy rage.

Cann leaps forward, his fist glowing and aimed towards the snarling vampire's face.



Initiative (1d20+2=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1077636)

LightBringer
2007-05-31, 02:07 PM
As Waha begins to raise his symbol, Walker simply turns away for that second. "Damn I hate when they do that!" :smallcool:

Are there any other doors in this room?

Cyrus112
2007-06-01, 02:08 PM
Cann takes a swing as the vampires turn into dust.

((There are no other doors in this room))

Alicorn
2007-06-02, 10:50 AM
((I would like to take one of the vials/beakers/what have you off of the shelf and dip up some of the gloppy stuff and pour a drop onto the floor to see what it does. Do I need to make any checks to do that without getting some on my hand or anything?))

Rejakor
2007-06-02, 02:39 PM
Cann

Cann shudders, and the claws starting to grow their way through the skin of his fingers retract. He falls to his knees, and shudders slightly. His voice, when, he speaks, is gravelly and slightly strange. "The girls... the vampire's master is going to do something to them. Those two were sent here to stall us... the cellar. Check the outside of the house." He coughs, and in the cough is another sound, a deep growling. "I'm going to need a few moments. Go. We have no time."

LightBringer
2007-06-04, 08:42 AM
Seeing that there were no other doors, and already figuring the not so cryptic message, Walker leaps diving over Cann, rolls out and goes back downstairs.

Are there anydoors down here that we haven't checked?

Cyrus112
2007-06-05, 11:18 AM
Persis, you manage to get some gloopy stuff in a vial. You drop it on the floor and the floor immediately begins to turn to stone.

You get downstairs, Walker, and you notice hallways off to the right and the left. They appear to go around to the back of the house.

((Apologies for not posting sooner. I'm home and so I may not be posting as much as normal. I'll try. I'll be back sometime late Saturday night/sometime Sunday.))

Alicorn
2007-06-05, 12:20 PM
Persis

Persis emits a maniacal little giggle and begins collecting - carefully - multiple stoppered vials full of gloppy stuff and puts them away for speculating purposes.

(Do the glowing cauldrons have contents, or are they just empty and glowy?)

Rejakor
2007-06-05, 05:46 PM
Cann

With a growl, this time his own rather than the beast that lives within him, Cann surges to his feet, his sword forgotten on the floor, and runs down the stairs after Walker. As soon as he reaches the bottom, and sees the two hallways, he immediately comes to a decision and charges down the left one, shield ready and gauntlet held low and ready to strike.



Were the two hallways there before? I don't remember you describing them.

LightBringer
2007-06-06, 08:32 AM
Cann takes the left so I'll take the right. Sword still in hand. Obivously those two whisps of vampires were meant to slow us down so I'll move as quickly as possible.

Cyrus112
2007-06-07, 05:18 PM
Cann, you see the halfling in a small room at the end of the hallway you are heading down. Once you reach the end of it, the hallway leads down to the right. Walker, you reach the end of your hallway and it leads down to the left. Both of your hallways lead to the back of the house as far as you can see.

Persis, one cauldron has a white glowy substance, the other has a dark glowy substance in it.

LightBringer
2007-06-08, 10:36 AM
Walker continues to the back of the house as quickly as possible. All senses on high. Looking for any traps or foes, listening for any screams or noises that would help locate the girls. (Feel free to make any rolls you need for me)

His intent is to find the hidden spot quickly. Time is running out.

Alicorn
2007-06-08, 11:32 AM
Persis

The inquisitive halfling, apparently having quite forgotten about her original reason for being here, repeats the experiment of dipping up and dripping out a portion of the white glowy substance, watching eagerly to see what, if anything, this does to the floor. (Assuming she escapes this foolhardy behavior unscathed and nothing explodes/emits poisonous gas/summons demons from the netherworld/whatever, she'll do it with the dark glowy substance too.)

Cyrus112
2007-06-10, 11:51 AM
((Nah, demons coming out of vials is for later in the game...I mean.... :-P))

Persis, as far as you can tell, nothing happens when you pour the white or black stuff on the floor. Cann and Walker, you come to the back of the house and there are two big, thick wooden doors that are chained and padlocked shut at the back of the house.

Rejakor
2007-06-11, 03:28 AM
Cann

With a roar, Cann raises his glove and slams it into the lock and chains, then shouldercharges the wooden doors.



Gauntlet Attack:

Attack Roll (1d20+11=31) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096001)

Confirm (1d20+11=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096009)

Damage (1d3+4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096012)

Crit Damage (1d3+4=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096015)

Shouldercharge:

Strength Check (1d20+4=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096018)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try ,try again:

Strength Check (1d20+4=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096020)

Woot! Critical Success shouldercharging the door!

Cyrus112
2007-06-11, 10:32 AM
After a few shoulder thrusts and punches, the doors splinter open.

((Listen checks for those close to where the doors used to be))

Rejakor
2007-06-12, 01:45 AM
Cann

Cann steps into the room, looking around for the girls or the vampire's master.


Listen Check (1d20+13=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1097702)

Spot Check (1d20+11=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1097704)

Cyrus112
2007-06-12, 09:17 PM
Cann, as the door turns to splinters, you hear an audible click. If you wish, you can take back your last action, or you can proceed forward as intended.

LightBringer
2007-06-12, 09:52 PM
Walker

Walker watches as Cann attacks the door. He waits as Cann advances, but steps back as he hears the click, (If he hears it....Listen 14 + (what is it 18 I think) = 32) to give Cann some room.

Cyrus112
2007-06-13, 11:06 AM
You hear the click as well.

Rejakor
2007-06-13, 09:34 PM
Cann

Upon hearing the click, Cann growls, and with a complete disregard for whatever may lie ahead, leaps forward, into the darkness of the room, his shield shining with the bright light of his faith.



OOC: Yes, I know it's stupid, but hey, when Cann's got his blood up, he don't think too straight.

Jump Check (standing jump) (1d20+8=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1100598) - To leap from where I heard the click. I don't take a step through the doorway first, I just leap, drawing my legs up to avoid tripwires, into the room. According to the DC's in the SRD, doubling them for having no running start, I made 10 feet. :smallwink:

Cyrus112
2007-06-13, 11:48 PM
((Cann, that would be a Reflex save for you sir.))

Rejakor
2007-06-14, 01:52 AM
Reflex Save (1d20+6=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1100944)

Phew. Rolled well. Hopefully no death and stabbaging for me.

Cyrus112
2007-06-14, 09:44 AM
((Indeed))

You roll back out of the doorway as a decent sized boulder falls down in front of you. You caught a brief glimpse of a stone spiral staircase leading down before the boulder hit. The boulder begins to roll down the staircase. You hear some more clicks and then sounds of metal scraping off of stone at various points as the boulder goes down the stairwell. Finally there is a muffled thump and all noise has stopped.

Rejakor
2007-06-14, 08:02 PM
Cann

Cann walks down the stairs, shield at the ready.

Cyrus112
2007-06-15, 12:47 AM
At the bottom of the staircase you see that the boulder fell into a hole. On the other side of the hole (that is now filled by said boulder so you can walk across it) are two large, metal doors (closed, but apparently not locked).

Rejakor
2007-06-15, 05:18 AM
Cann of the Mist

At the bottom of the stairs, Cann reaches into his scrollcase, removing a scroll and placing it in the holder on the back of his shield. He then slowly pushes one of the doors open with his shield, stepping through the gap, sword in hand.



Cann is attaching a Mist scroll to the shield. :)

Cyrus112
2007-06-15, 10:04 AM
((Gah, and what are other people doing?))

Alicorn
2007-06-15, 10:38 AM
Persis

Having filled (let's say) five vials with the mixture that turned the floor into rock and put them away on her person with her other things, Persis goes looking for the rest of the group. (Can I just assume I find the whole staircase-boulder setup?)

LightBringer
2007-06-16, 06:24 PM
Sorry was at a site were giant is blocked.


Walker having giving Cann enough room to dodge the boulder smiles at the large mans reflexes, and nice him a short "Nice." Then follows Cann down the stairs. When they arrive at the boulder Walker turns to gas and slides under the boulder and the doors. Knowing the big man will be coming throygh any second Walker reforms with back to the wall and leaving enough room for the doors to swing open, or fly by. Whichever Cann manages.

Cyrus112
2007-06-18, 11:27 AM
((Yes Persis, you find the staircase just as the boulder begins to roll down. It appears Cann and Walker misunderstood my description, or I was just not very good with it. When the boulder came to the bottom, it fell into a hole, and is now a surface you can walk over to get to the double doors. No misting needs to happen.))

Cann and Walker, you're in a hallway that is kind of small, at least in width. Enough for single file travel, unless you have a halfling sized party. Then you could walk two abreast. As far as height goes, there's plenty of room so you won't need to worry about crouching. The hallway goes down for a bit and then turns around a corner.

Rejakor
2007-06-18, 01:22 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann advanced down the corridor slowly, sword at the ready. The holy rage had subsided within him, at least enough to control it. He knew that likely more traps lay ahead, and so placed his feet with care, moving down the corridor far slower than his heart urged him to move.

When he reached the corner, he stopped, flattened against the wall. He stretched out with his senses, feeling for any evil, and then suddenly darted out, shield readied and sword raised to strike.



Cann is looking for traps as he goes. I was going to make it searching for traps, but that would be one full round for every 5 feet. There is no way Cann would go that slow. So, looking it is. I don't know if you can 'see' a trap, but a trip-wire trigger or something maybe.

Anyway, spot check:

Spot Check (1d20+13=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109374)

Also, Cann is activating detect evil aimed at the area just beyond the corner.

Also, that is a prepared action as Cann steps around the corner (assuming he gets that far) he is readied against both ranged and close up attack (i.e, expecting it so no flat-footed), and if any undead or other things his detect evil went off against are there, he will attack them with the following rolls. He will only attack if he sensed evil, and it corresponded to where a person or thing is when he goes around the corner.

Attack Roll (1d20+10=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109389)

A natural 1. My favourite kind of attack roll.

Oh well. Might as well roll damage.

Damage (1d8+4=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1109391)

Oh, a 2. on a d8. Woo-hoo. Hope to god nothing is around that corner.

LightBringer
2007-06-18, 09:34 PM
Walker follows behind Cann. When he sees Cann is going to move slower than Walker would like to go he ask, "Would you like me to set off any traps up to the door?"

Cyrus112
2007-06-20, 12:42 AM
Cann, you round the corner, and see the hallway stretch down a bit farther and it ends in a circular type room. There are two stone slabs and what looks to be like a young girl chained down to each one (although from here you can't make out features). There are four figures standing around the room. There is one brandishing some sort of knife and standing between the two slabs. He is chanting right now. The three others are looking on, not paying attention to things going on around them. The four standing figures are glowing all evil like to your vision.

Rejakor
2007-06-20, 05:29 AM
Cann

While Cann races down the corridor, his eyes fixed firmly on the decending knife, he opens his inner pair of eyes, and looks at all the people in the room. Please let me be on time.



I am detect evilling the group, Cann's no fool, despite his complete inability to stop himself righting wrongs and combating injustice with no heed for the utterly, and completely trapped corridor.

Prepared action to throw self at the knife, either getting it to hit him, or entering a grapple with the person holding it, or both. This prepared action does not go off if I sense that the two girls lying on the stone slabs are evil.

Jump Check (1d20+8=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112406) - to leap at the knife, the man's hand, and the man, in that order.

Grapple Check (1d20+13=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112409) - to 'grab on'. No attack of opportunity because I am using Improved Grapple.

LightBringer
2007-06-20, 08:22 AM
Walker sheaths his sword and draws his bow. Notching a silver arrow, he begins forward slowly (5 foot steps). He draws the arrow back and continues slowly forward.

(If for some reason Cann falls into a trap, gets killed by a trap, or fails to do whatever he is doing, Walker will shoot the man with the knife. If Cann makes it into the room and stops the guy, then he will provide cover fire basically. He will shoot anyone trying to attack Cann. Yes, he will fire into melee.)

Cyrus112
2007-06-20, 09:20 AM
((I do believe you need to do a touch attack to get a hold of someone before you start the grappling. So we shall move on when we gots one of those))

Rejakor
2007-06-20, 09:24 AM
Touch Attack (1d20+10=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112665)

Sorry. Put in a new post because sometimes people don't notice when you edit. :smallbiggrin:

Cyrus112
2007-06-22, 11:18 AM
((Heh, perfectly fine. So yes, you got his touch AC and he is now grappled. Initiatives))

Rejakor
2007-06-22, 09:26 PM
Initiative (1d20+2=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1117051)

and cause I just successfully entered into a grapple, gauntlet damage woo-woo.

Damage (1d3+4=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1117053)

Holy Damage (2d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1117057)

Also, you never told me the result of my detect evil. I'm guessing that the three cloaked figures are evil, and the two girls aren't, but still nice to know.

What I have posted below isn't my next action, it's just a description of Cann succeeding in grappling the person.


Cann of the Mist

Cann powers down the corridor, long legs eating up the distance, his eyes focused only on the long knife descending towards the little girl, with a grunt of effort, he launches himself through the air, cannoning into the creature holding the knife, and slamming into the floor. One thought echoes in his head, as he struggles with the black-cloaked figure, as the holy fury rises within him. I was not too late.

Cyrus112
2007-06-23, 11:00 AM
((*Points to end of his third to last post.* The four standing figures are glowing all red and evil like))

LightBringer
2007-06-25, 08:22 AM
Walker continues tomove forward slowly (5 foot steps).

Walker will provide cover fire basically. He will shoot anyone trying to attack Cann. Yes, he will fire into melee, or anyone trying to hurt either of the girls.

Cyrus112
2007-06-26, 11:40 PM
((It's the evil people's turn. Nother grapple check, Cann.))

The other four look to the figure grappling with Cann. That figure yells something that none of you can understand (unless one of you bothered to pick up Ancient Alerian)). The four figures then turn and bar the doorway leading into the chamber from outside intrusion ((they seem to not notice you, Walker)).

Rejakor
2007-06-27, 07:27 AM
(are the other people undead? Spot check to notice that I guess.)

Grapple Check (1d20+13=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123084)

Spot Check (1d20+13=31) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123086) - To see if the other people are undead. Note: I am not sure if +13 is my spot modifier. I think it is, but with rpgwebprofiler down I have no way to check. If it comes back up, just add the appropriate modifier for a roll of 18.

LightBringer
2007-06-27, 09:05 AM
Walker

(Hey I don't mind not being noticed. I'll fire a silver tipped arrow right thru whoever's heart is the most in the open even if it is thru the back)

Walker releases his grip on the string of his long dark composite bow. The arrow immediately jumps from it and streaks though the air. The glint of silver moving so fast it almost leaves a visible trail. His hand just a quickly follows the release over his shoulder. Drawing another silver arrow, from the quiver kept under his cloak, notches it, and draws the string back again.



Attack roll 14 + ranged 14 = 28
Damage roll 6 + str 8 = 14

Cyrus112
2007-06-28, 10:36 AM
Cann, the man you're grappling struggles but you remain firmly in control. One of the men gets hit with an arrow and begins to cautiously move forward towards you, Walker.

((Sorry I didn't move this along sooner. I was kind of waiting to see if anyone else was still doing stuff, but it's looking like not. You want to keep moving along with just the two of you, plus from time to time Persis, or you wanna call it for now? You're playing, you're decision))

Alicorn
2007-06-28, 01:08 PM
((Could we maybe get a map? I have so much trouble visualizing combat. I do want to help, I just can't think of what I'm doing unless I can *see* it.))

Rejakor
2007-06-28, 10:21 PM
I vote we continue. A map would be nice, Cann is crazy enough that tactics don't really enter his mind, but still, maps.


Cann of the Mist

Sitting on the figure's chest, Cann raises his gauntlet and slams it in the face repeatedly, glowing white energy spinning off from the incandescent glove each time it is applied with force to the creature's face.



Grapple Check (1d20+13=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1126627)

Damage (1d3+2d6+4=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1126631)

Cyrus112
2007-06-28, 11:14 PM
((Not to scale and a bit messed up))
P = Persis
W = Walker
x = Figures blocking entrance
C= Cann
F = Figure Cann is pummeling
G = Figures on slabs



| |
| P |
| W |
| |
| |
|x |
|x x x |
| |
|
|
||| CF ||| |
|G| |G| |
||| ||| |
|
||||||||||||||||||||

((As much as I try, I can't get it to really change. Do you all get the basic gist or should I go into more explanation?))

LightBringer
2007-06-29, 08:32 AM
(Nope I'm fine)

Walker releases his second arrow. Again the bow 'pops', as another arrow streaks down the hall. Once again seeking the heart of the target. Walker's hand again draws an arrow. This time the glint of silver is replaced with the dark shimmer of cold iron.

Attack roll 12 + 15 (I forgot the +1 for msterwork last time) = 27

Damage roll 5 + 8 = 13

Rejakor
2007-06-29, 09:08 AM
(That's fine, although i'm always fine with accurate descriptions. If you want to, there are several mapping applications you can download from the web. I don't use them myself, but I could certainly find out a good one for you.)

Cyrus112
2007-06-29, 09:24 AM
((Watcha doin Persis? I'll respond when all actions are posted. We already know Cann is punching (as usual, heh) and Walker is firing arrows))

Alicorn
2007-06-29, 12:04 PM
Persis

The halfling manifests an augmented Bolt to create (4+2=6) +2 arrows.

Cyrus112
2007-07-02, 10:24 AM
The figure advancing toward Walker takes another arrow and falls over, dead.
You can hear one of the others yell out.

"There he is!" The other three begin to move toward you, Walker. As the hallway is only for single file travel, however, they come down the hallway one at a time, brandishing swords.

((Another grapple check, Cann))

Rejakor
2007-07-02, 11:33 PM
Grapple Check (1d20+13=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132556)

I'll take my turn, as if the grapple check succeeded.


Cann of the Mist

Cann roars, and picking up the dazed figure, slams him into the wall, cracking his elbow into the creature's head, pinning it to the wall, and leaning in close, whispers, his voice low in a way that only serves to further accentuate his anger. "Those... who do evil... become evil. Prepare yourself." Leaning back, he slams his glowing fist into the creature's head, small shards of radiant light spinning off it as it hits. Grabbing the figure's shoulders, he throws it to the floor, and stands over it, a grim frown on his face.



Sorry if that's a bit 'not six seconds'-ey, but I thought it was cool + the kind of thing Cann would do.

Grapple Check (1d20+13=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132574)

Eep. The dice hate me today.

Damage (1d3+2d6+4=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1132575)

LightBringer
2007-07-03, 03:52 PM
Walker 'holsters' his bow and draws his sword. Then smiling he awaits his adversaries.

(since the hall is small Walker will rely on short chops and stabbing movements. Feel free to make any needed rolls.)

Cyrus112
2007-07-04, 11:49 AM
Alright, Cann. The figure, who you can tell is another of those people with that weird armor, beat you in the first grapple check. Then you beat him in the second, so you are now in control again.

Walker, the first figure steps into your threat range ((aoo if you want it)).

Rejakor
2007-07-04, 09:09 PM
Grapple Check (1d20+13=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1135940) - for on the guy's turn when he tries and grapples me.

Also, i'm really liking this campaign. Because it's fun and it didn't suddenly disappear a week or so after I started it. :smallsmile:

LightBringer
2007-07-05, 08:43 AM
AoO


AoO Attack roll 16 + 15 = 31
Damage 7 + 9 = 16
If there is room for decapitating swings Walker will take them.

Standard attack roll 12 + 15 = 27
Damage 4 + 9 = 13

Cyrus112
2007-07-05, 10:39 AM
((Sadly, not enough room for decapitation, and you needs a vorpal weapon for that anyway :smalltongue:))

Walker, you stick the figure twice, but he stubbornly stays up and stabs his awkward looking sword at you.

((Does a 28 hit? He rolled REALLY well))

Cann, the figure failed the grapple check on his turn to push you away from him. You two are still fighting for superiority.

Rejakor
2007-07-05, 10:52 PM
Cann of the Mist

"Why" Cann grabs the creature, "won't" Cann slams the figure up against a wall "you" Cann draws back his glowing fist "die!" Cann slams the glowing fist into the figure's face.



Grapple Check (1d20+13=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137430)

Damage (1d3+4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137435)

Holy Damage (2d6=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137438)

Cyrus112
2007-07-06, 09:32 AM
((Waitin on a response from Walker))

LightBringer
2007-07-06, 03:11 PM
Yeah ,with the limited movement area that will hit me.

Cyrus112
2007-07-06, 10:27 PM
((9 damage sir))

Cann, the figure you are pummeling gives one final growl and falls limply to the ground, very much dead.

Rejakor
2007-07-07, 10:08 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann steps back from the smoking corpse as the last of the golden energy sparks out on the ground. His gauntlet becomes brighter and brighter as he steps forward, casually scooping his sword off the ground, and steps in between the remaining dark figures and the girls. He twirls the sword around his hand, and grins, his incisors visibly lengthened, something feral dancing in his eyes. "Who wants to be next?"



Be Goddamn Cool Check (1d20+3=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1140605) - I think I succeeded in Being Pretty Cool.

Cyrus112
2007-07-08, 09:46 PM
No one notices you being cool at the moment, Cann, except Persis and Walker. The other three guys are now in single file moving towards Walker and Persis and so their backs are to you. You hear some whimpers coming from the girls on the slabs.

((Walker and Persis, you're both up))

Alicorn
2007-07-09, 09:59 AM
Persis

Persis sets the nearest guy as her target for all of her Dodge bonus, making her AC 27 against him, and shoots at him.

Attack: 12+11+1=24
Damage: 3+1+1=5

LightBringer
2007-07-09, 11:19 AM
Unless that was silver or magical, the damage should be negated. Let me know.

Taking the blow with ease Walker just grins as he stabs whoever is in front of him now. He makes no remark about Cann being cool, for now.


Attack roll 14 +15 = 29
Damage 3 + 9 = 12

Cyrus112
2007-07-10, 10:36 AM
The figure takes hits from both Walker and Persis but is still standing. He swings again at Walker.

((Hmm, thats a crit success, but not confirmation, so it's just a normal hit. Not that it would matter anyway as you are undead. And his weapon isn't magical or silver))

((10 damage. Dun think any of that goes through.))

Cann, the people don't notice that you're finished with that guy you were grappling.

LightBringer
2007-07-10, 11:35 AM
(Nope)

Again Walker barely finches as the sword smashes into him. "You are seriously messing up my shirt!!" Walker swings as hard as possible in the cramped space.


Attack roll 17 + 15 = 32
Damage 7 + 9 = 16

Rejakor
2007-07-10, 11:12 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann smiles, and drawing back his sword, he snarls, his eyes glowing a pale shade of gold for a second before his sword shines with bright, pure light. With a cry of "Begone from the Path!" He slams his sword into the back of one of the creatures.



I'm going to be smiting one of them. Which one doesn't matter, really.

Attack Roll (1d20+14=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1145835)

Damage (1d8+9=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1145842) - of which 7+4 is weapon damage, and 5 is holy smite damage.

Cyrus112
2007-07-11, 10:13 PM
Walker, blood spurts from the mouth of the figure you're fighting and he crumples to the floor, dead. The one behind him throws something at you and...misses horribly. The back most figure gets smited (smote?) by Cann. He turns around and swings at Cann with a greatsword.

((A 25 hit? If so, 14 damage))

((What are you three doing again?))

Rejakor
2007-07-12, 07:05 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann smiles, as blood runs down his face from the cut the vampire inflicted. "Pain, will not allow you victory here, demon. Taste the wrath of my god." Stepping forward inside the creature's guard, he grabs it's shoulder, and then slams it in the face with his gauntlet.



Grappling. Smiting. The past tense is either smited or smoten. Seen both. Not fussed.

Touch Attack (1d20+13=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147767)

Grapple Check. (1d20+13=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147756)

Weapon Damage. (1d3+4=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147758)

Holy Damage. (2d6+5=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147762)

Also, 14 damage? These things pack a punch. Or two. Remind me to set them on fire for sheer impudence.

Cyrus112
2007-07-12, 09:00 AM
((Not all of the people in this place are vampires. Not that you could tell unless you were actively trying to spot a vampire. Or is Cann just assuming all of these things are vamps?))

Rejakor
2007-07-13, 04:23 AM
(( Demon is really just an epithet. Evil is enough to get his holy ragefires going.))

Cyrus112
2007-07-15, 10:48 AM
((The man is grappled now, sir. I believe on his turn he gets to fight the grapple and then if he fails, you can do with him as you wish, heh. What are the other two doing?))

Rejakor
2007-07-16, 12:25 AM
Grapple Check (on it's turn):

Grapple Check (1d20+13=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1153117)

Alicorn
2007-07-16, 09:46 AM
Persis

Persis again shoots at the nearest opponent. (Please let us know when he closes to melee range so I don't do anything stupid like provoking an AoO by using a ranged weapon while threatened.)

Attack: 10+11+1=22
Damage: 4+1+1=6

LightBringer
2007-07-17, 09:26 AM
Walker waits to see if it steps forward and provkes an extra attack. These guys are tough, and an extra shot is a good thing. :smallamused:

Cyrus112
2007-07-19, 10:11 AM
((Don't worry, Persis, Walker is in front of you, and the hallway is narrow enough that Walker would have to be down for them to come at you.))

Cann, the man remains grappled.

Persis, your shot hits and the figure stumbles a bit but remains standing and...

walks into Walker's threat range.

((Go ahead and attack sir.))

LightBringer
2007-07-19, 10:19 AM
Okay I will. :smallsmile:


AoO Hit roll (Ooooo) 19(threat) + 15 = 34
AoO Crit roll 14 + 15 = 29 (I think thats a crit)
AoO Damage 5 + 9 = 14 x 2 = 28

Standard attack 12(not a crit threat, but I'll take it) + 15 =27
(If hit) Damage 3 + 9 = 12

Rejakor
2007-07-20, 05:12 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann casually backhands the creature across it's face with his gauntlet, and then slams it against the passage wall with his grip on it's shoulder. His face is grim as his hand curls into a fist in anticipation of the strike.



Grapple Check (1d20+13=31) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160479) - To hit him with my meaty gauntlet. Also, this thing is epic and I want one. Battle Gauntlet (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/weaponsb.pl?Battle_Gauntlet). Does 1d8 damage, mmmhmmm, that's right, as much as a longsword, yeah.

Damage (1d3+2d6+4=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160482) - Grapple Damage.

Grapple Check (1d20+13=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1160481) - On his turn when he tries and escapes again. Eeep. Bad roll.

Also, Walker is totally rigged. Rigged I say. RIGGED.

Oh, how did that creature provoke an AoO? I looked back a bit but can't see it.

Cyrus112
2007-07-22, 10:59 AM
((Hmm, I always had trouble with this rule. The guy provoked an attack of opportunity by walking toward Walker, but now that I think about it, I think you only provoke one when you <i>leave</i> a threatened square. Ah well.))

Walker, you slice the figure across his midsection and his intestines begin to spill out onto the floor. The figure gasps some and tries to keep them inside, but it doesn't do much good. He slumps against the wall and then slides down it with a sigh, dead.

Cann, your figure gets a good grip on your hands and you are now wrestling back in a contested type position.

Rejakor
2007-07-23, 02:56 AM
((As in, on his turn beats my 17, or on my turn beats the 31? Also, if you're only moving 5 feet, you can just take a 5ft step, no matter whether you're entering, leaving, whatever, a 5 foot step NEVER provokes an attack of opportunity.))

LightBringer
2007-07-23, 03:16 PM
(I have trouble with that rule as well, which is why I waited to see if Walker did get an extra shot. Oh well, regardless he is dead...)

Walker simply continues down the hall toward the room with the girls. Longsword, in hand, and ready to strike if needed.

Cyrus112
2007-07-24, 11:29 AM
((I'm very well aware of the five foot step part, hehe. That rule kept me alive once in a Star Wars campaign. The guy was a little more than five feet away, though. Also, that 17 you rolled is beaten.))

Rejakor
2007-07-24, 12:18 PM
Cann of the Mist

The creature reaches out and grabs Cann's shoulders, it's eyes locking to his. With a grunt, Cann locks his hands on it's shoulders, ignoring the sizzling sound his gauntlet makes when it comes in contact with the creature's evil. He spreads his stance, and growls, straining and shifting as each tries to better the other.



Grapple Check (1d20+13=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1169322) - Mwahaha, fear my grappling skills vampire beastie!

Cyrus112
2007-07-24, 09:27 PM
((You now regain control of the grapple, sir))

Persis and Walker, Cann is grappling the only remaining figure in this mansion. There are two very frightened looking girls tied to simple stone altars, whimpering slightly.

Alicorn
2007-07-25, 09:22 AM
Persis

The halfling (who will probably not get there first, having short legs) approaches the girls and cuts them free with her rapier.

Cyrus112
2007-07-25, 12:07 PM
The girls, now free, just stay where they are, watching the struggle between Cann and the figure, a frightened look still in their eyes.

((Spot check Persis))

Alicorn
2007-07-25, 01:09 PM
Spot 9=5=4

LightBringer
2007-07-25, 03:25 PM
As I posted earlier, Walker intends to walk into the room with the girls. He has no intentions of helping Cann. Why would he want to interfer in his fun?

With the girls still looking scared, Walker asks, "Are you two okay?"

Rejakor
2007-07-25, 05:24 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann and the creature struggle, locked into a battle of will and strength. Cann shifts his weight, and the creature suddenly tumbles down, slamming into the floor. Cann growls, and a holy light shines around him as his fist slams down onto the creature's face.



Schmiting it.

Grapple Check (1d20+13=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1172108) +3 for smite?

Damage (1d3+2d6+9=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1172114)

Cyrus112
2007-07-26, 12:38 AM
This figure is looking a little bloody now, but still conscious as he wrestles with you, Cann.

Persis, you notice grooves in the altars that lead down the altars and into a grate in the floor. A glint of something down in the grate catches your eye.

One of the girls merely nods in response to your question, Walker.

((Nother grapple check for the figures turn, Cann.))

Rejakor
2007-07-26, 01:03 AM
Grapple Check (1d20+13=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1172903)

Ah, a natural 1. My favourite.

Cyrus112
2007-07-26, 09:35 AM
Cann continues to wrestle with the figure who fights back to a contested position.

((I imagine Cann will continue with the grappling. What are the rest of you doing?))

Alicorn
2007-07-26, 01:38 PM
Persis

The halfling peers closer at the glint of something. (Do I need to make another check?)

LightBringer
2007-07-26, 02:40 PM
Just keeping my eyes open for any more 'bad' guys.

Rejakor
2007-07-26, 05:55 PM
((Is this guy I am fighting a vampire or other undead? Or is he just some kind of evil cultist? I should have been able to tell from the detect evil, but if not i've been punching this guy's face for a while, so ?))

Cyrus112
2007-07-26, 09:40 PM
((Yes, another check would be good))

((Cann, he is just an evil cultist. Also, I actually lost track of hp totals. He is now dead))

Walker, you don't see anymore bad guys.

Rejakor
2007-07-27, 12:15 AM
((I was wondering. The mansion is made of wood, correct?))

Cann of the Mist

Cann remains on one knee for a few seconds, breathing heavily, as the cultist slumps in his grasp. He lets the cultist fall from his grasp, and thump onto the ground. He stands, white cloak rippling as he looks down at the robed figure, and spits on the corpse. "So die all who would harm the innocent." He looks over at the two girls, and retrieves his sword before bowing. "I am Cann of the Mist, Knight-Protector and Walker of the Way. We were sent here to save you from these cultists. Come on, let's get out of here." He reaches out and offers his hand to help them up.



I assume by 'stay where they are' means they didn't get up off the slabs, just kind of looked scared. If they did get up, scratch that last bit, Cann just motions for them to follow and starts moving up the passage.

Also, we've searched this entire mansion now, correct? No doors or passages left?

Cyrus112
2007-07-27, 07:24 AM
((Most of the mansion is made of wood, yes. The "basement" area you are in now is all stone. The mansion is all explored. The girls are still on the slabs. Waiting on Persis' second spot check.))

LightBringer
2007-07-27, 09:37 AM
Walker stands waiting, "Come on girl, Spot it already would you." (:smallbiggrin: , just kidding.)

Alicorn
2007-07-27, 12:17 PM
(second Spot check: 13-5=8)

Cyrus112
2007-07-27, 04:55 PM
Persis, you notice something is down there, but you can't make out what.

Rejakor
2007-07-28, 03:45 AM
((So what do the girls do or is Cann just standing there looking embarassed? Also, if I need to roll a spot or listen check in the future, you can do it for me if you want.))

Cyrus112
2007-07-28, 09:46 AM
Cann and Walker, you both notice that Persis is peering down into a grate on the floor. The girls are getting up shakily, rubbing their arms. They appear cold. You notice they are not wearing very much.

Rejakor
2007-07-29, 07:04 AM
Cann of the Mist

After helping one of the girls from the slab, Cann turns to lead the way out of the mansion, but pauses on seeing the girls shiver at the cold. Without speaking, he shucks his woolen cloak, and hands it to one of the girls. Taking his shield off and leaning it against the wall, he strips off his white surcoat, bearing the symbol of the arcanix, and hands it to the other sister.

He looks over at Walker, and then at Persis. "You two gather up anything useful. I have to check something." Cann says, his tone deep and foreboding. He draws his adamantine sword, and places it point-first on the floor, kneeling on the ground and placing his forehead against the guard. He closes his eyes, and feels the Way draw over him like a shroud. He fights his way through the swirling currents, his mind ranging across the area, searching for the pockets of darkness that inhabit the mansion.



Casting detect evil in every direction.

LightBringer
2007-07-30, 08:30 AM
Since Cann gives the girls some covering, Walker will walk over and help Persis. "Is there something down there?" without really waiting Walker takes hold of the grate and gives it a tug.

Cyrus112
2007-07-30, 09:19 AM
The grate doesn't really budge as you tug on it.

((Strength Check))

Cann, you detect no more evil.

Rejakor
2007-07-30, 10:28 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann turns to the two young girls, and asks them quietly, still kneeling on the floor. "I know this is hard for you, but please tell me. Do you know of any other captives or innocents being held in this evil place? Did you notice any of the cultists or undead using secret passages or opening secret rooms, or talking of them? It is very important, if you know of any, to tell me now." He looks earnestly into their eyes and awaits their reply.

LightBringer
2007-07-31, 08:44 AM
Since it doesn't move with a tug, Walker puts his back into it.

Strength Check

Check roll 16.
Str 28 bonus +9.

Cyrus112
2007-08-01, 10:18 AM
WIth a jarring creak and a loud pop, Walker manages to rip the grate out of the ground.

One of the girls shakes her head. "We don't know of any secret ways out, m'Lord. All we heard talk of was some sort of Ritual and sac...sac....sacrifice," she finishes this last part with some obvious difficulty.

The other one adds, "They also made mention of some sort of Awakening, but they weren't being too specific."

LightBringer
2007-08-01, 12:41 PM
Walker looks down the hole, but also listens to the conversation.

Spot

Spot check 12 + 23 = 35

Rejakor
2007-08-01, 09:32 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann pauses for a second, and then nods. "Thank you." He says gravely, and inclines his head to the two girls. "I know it must be frightening to talk about what has occurred, but fear not, we shall return you to your home soon." Looking over his shoulder at Walker and Persis, he enquires "When are you going to be done over there? Every second we spend in this evil place place burns at me like fire."



Ooh, critical hit with a story hook. Ouch.

Also... Cann is considering doing something stupid. He's a bit like that. ><

Cyrus112
2007-08-01, 09:43 PM
Walker, you notice a sphere shaped object that seems to be chained to the bottom of this hole.

Rejakor
2007-08-01, 10:15 PM
((Oh, Cyrus, btw, when I schpeak to schomeone, could you tell me how they react? Like, even if they don't reply kind of thing. I know you probably were anyway, but I need to know so I can structure further replies and Cann's attitude towards them properly. Thanks. :smallcool: ))

((EDIT: Also, I am going away for 2-3 days, to a wedding. I probably won't have internet access, so i'll be gone for that time.))

LightBringer
2007-08-02, 04:07 PM
(Can Walker fit down the hole?)

Cyrus112
2007-08-02, 11:33 PM
((Gotcha, Cann))

The hole isn't deep enough to cause any problems getting down to the object. It is more than big enough to fit any medium (or small) sized creature in it.

LightBringer
2007-08-03, 09:08 AM
Walker looks at Persis, "Do you, or shall I?" Walker says, motioning to the hole.

Alicorn
2007-08-03, 10:20 AM
Persis

"Promise to pull me out again?" says Persis, smiling. Assuming she gets an affirmative reply she hops down into the hole to get a closer look at the shiny object.

LightBringer
2007-08-03, 03:45 PM
"Of course I will," Walker replies with a smile.

Cyrus112
2007-08-05, 10:06 PM
Persis, you drop into the hole and you can now see that is a perfectly shaped sphere. The inside of it seems to swirl, changing colors frequently. It gives a shake as you get closer to it.

Alicorn
2007-08-05, 10:53 PM
Persis

The halfling blinks at the sphere, and then bends and scoops it up, perhaps unwisely.

Cyrus112
2007-08-06, 10:07 AM
Persis, you notice that the thing is chained to the ground, and that the sphere is straining against its restraint, odd as that may seem.

Alicorn
2007-08-06, 01:12 PM
Persis

"It's a sort of a sphere," Persis calls. "It's got a lot of different colors swirling around in it, and it's moving, and it doesn't appear to like being chained to the floor, which it is. D'you think we should let it free?"

LightBringer
2007-08-07, 09:59 AM
Walker shrugs to himself, "Sure, why not."

Alicorn
2007-08-07, 11:04 PM
Persis

"All right, I'll see what I can do. I might need help. I forgot to bring my magical chain smashing rock," says the halfling, setting about searching for some key or other means of undoing or breaking the chain.

Rejakor
2007-08-08, 12:35 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann walks forward, to the hole Persis has dropped into, and looks down at the strange thing. "Before you break the chain, let me check something." Cann says, and then closes his eyes, focusing his perceptions on the strange orb on the end of the chain.



Does it resonate evil?

Cyrus112
2007-08-09, 09:22 AM
No, it's not.

((Spt check Persis.))

((Also, sorry for the delay in posting. My internet is being weird presently.))

Rejakor
2007-08-09, 09:41 AM
Cann of the Mist

"Whatever that orb is, it is not evil, so I see no harm in letting it loose. Those creatures obviously felt it needed to be trapped, so we should free it." Cann turns and looks around the room again. "Only do it quickly. I long to be free of this place."

Alicorn
2007-08-09, 11:09 AM
Persis

"Righto. Key, key, if I were a key where would they hide me..."

Spot: 11-5=6
Search (if I can do that instead): 17+4=21

Cyrus112
2007-08-12, 12:30 AM
Persis ((even with the very low result, heh)), you notice the key is hanging off of the belt of the body of the man who was waving the sacrificial knife around in the air. You also notice he has that weird purple, chitinous armour and the symbol of a snake tattooed on his forehead.

Rejakor
2007-08-12, 05:42 AM
Cann of the Mist

While Persis is looking for a key, Cann grunts, and wanders around the room looking for anything interesting, and whether he finds anything or not, looks over at the girls to see if they're okay, before taking the corpses of the fallen cultists and lining them up in a row near the wall. He quickly searches them, piling up their belongings in two small piles. He looks at each item closely before placing it in one pile or another.



Search Check (1d20+8=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1204907) - Search the room for traps, secret doors, secret alcoves, magical effects, concealed items, clues as to how it was constructed, crumpled up notes, or other plot devices or macguffins.

Search Check (1d20+8=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1204909) - Search the cultists for objects, Detect Evil on each object, evil items go in one pile, non-evil items in the other.

Sense Motive (1d20+7=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1204912) - To see how well the girls are holding up.

Cyrus112
2007-08-12, 09:46 AM
Cann, you find the knife that the one figure was wielding. He was also carrying one of those rather odd looking swords that some of the raiders corpses from the village had. You find two small jewels as well. The other dead bodies all had on studded leather armor or a chain shirt ((three studded leather, two chain shirts)). You also find two short swords, two long swords and a great sword. Among the dead bodies you find about some gold ((about 300 pieces)).

Alicorn
2007-08-12, 10:48 AM
Persis

"Hey! That guy's got a key, throw it down and I'll give it a try," says Persis, helpfully pointing.

Rejakor
2007-08-12, 11:24 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann fastidiously sorts the items into three piles. He places the greatswords and shortswords in one pile, bound together with some twine from his ever-handy ball of twine, the two chain shirts are folded up and placed in another pile, tied together with twine. The knife and strange sword are carefully inspected, before being bound together with twine. Cann picks up the swords, and lowers them into a small pouch at his side. By all the laws of nature, they shouldn't be able to fit, but they go in smoothly, and disappear, like a rabbit in a magic act. Soon to follow are the chain shirts, and finally the strange sword and knife. He picks up the pouches that contain the gold pieces, places the two small jewels inside one of them, and ties them at his hip (again using the handy ball of twine) to his belt, in plain view.

After doing all that, he takes the key from the leader's belt, and turning, tosses it to Persis.



Appraise (1d20+2=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1205090) - To figure out what the sword and knife are/are from.

Knowledge Local: Arcanix (1d20+6=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1205091) - To figure out what the sword and knife are/are from.

Knowledge Religion (1d20+4=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1205092) - To figure out what the sword and knife are/are from.

Knowledge History (1d20+4=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1205093) - To figure out what the sword and knife are/are from.

Did anything detect as evil? Items or implements used in evil acts (sacrifices, rituals etc) often retain an evil aura, as do those used for a long time by evil people or creatures.

Alicorn
2007-08-12, 02:26 PM
Persis

"Why thank you," trills Persis as she neatly catches the key. "All right, let's see if this works, little shiny orby thingy." She attempts to unlock the chain holding the orb.

LightBringer
2007-08-13, 02:36 PM
(Busy weekend)

Walker just watches the going on's, and stays alert for any unwanted visitors.

Cyrus112
2007-08-14, 10:52 AM
Persis, the key fits nicely and turns easily. The lock opens with an audible click. As soon as its free, the orb shoots straight up throught the roof. You're not sure, but it almost sounded like the orb giggled as it was freed. Through the hole, you can see it hover above the house for a few moments, glow a bright, brilliant yellow and shoot off in a direction ((survival check to determine the direction)).

Alicorn
2007-08-14, 01:27 PM
Persis

"You're welcome!" Persis calls after the orb. "Ungrateful spheroid. Help me out of here, will you please?" She lifts up her arms to be pulled out of the hole.

(Not even going to bother with the check, having a Wis penalty and no ranks.)

Rejakor
2007-08-15, 12:28 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann kneels down and picks up Persis, placing her neatly not far from the edge of the hole. He looks up at the orb that just shot it's way through the roof, and hmphs. He stands up and says "Let's go. I want to check each room in this place before we leave." So saying, he stands up and strides out of the room.



Okay.

Survival Check (1d20+1=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1209383)

Now, I know actually going through and searching each room will be boring as hell, so can we just fastforward through the process? Cyrus, you can roll search checks for each of us, assuming the others agree to Cann's plan, and only actually say what happens if we find something?

LightBringer
2007-08-15, 08:21 AM
Walker watches the orb fly through the roof, and then shoot away from us, (Survival 12 + 8 = 20). He will help with Persis if needed, but he doubts that will be necessary. Other than that he stays close to the girls, and again, watches for unwelcome guest. "There's no way we got all of them. I guess they could have thought they were safe enough."

Cyrus112
2007-08-15, 03:11 PM
Walker, you notice that the orb flies off in a Northeasterly direction.

A further search of the house reveals nothing really except a few worn paintings and some more jewels. You appear to have cleaned house, so to speak.

LightBringer
2007-08-16, 09:28 AM
Caring little for treasures, Walker spends his time talking with the girls, trying to make them feel comfortable while Cann searches the house. Mostly just asking about their life before this incident, and being curtious.

Rejakor
2007-08-16, 09:56 AM
((Well, I was thinking we'd all go, but w/ever))

Cann of the Mist

Cann carefully takes the paintings out of their frames, ties them with twine, and places them in his pouch. He adds whatever jewels, coins, or other small items of value to those already collected from the cultists. He returns to the small room with the others, and curtly says "All clear." Assuming the others follow, he starts out on the quickest route out of the mansion. Once the group reaches the entrance, he motions them on, and says "I will be with you shortly."

Alicorn
2007-08-16, 10:51 AM
Persis

Persis follows along on the treasure hunt, making mental notes of which pieces are shiniest and most enticing so she is well informed when it comes time to divide the loot.

Cyrus112
2007-08-19, 08:29 AM
((So, back to town then?))

Rejakor
2007-08-19, 08:49 AM
(( I'm waiting to see if the group 'goes ahead' as cann has asked them to do. ))

LightBringer
2007-08-20, 08:26 AM
(Walker fully intends to go along with Cann while he looks around the house. He just isn't interested in all the details of searching.)

Once we leave the building and Cann says to go ahead Walker stops, "We've completed our task. It's not your property to decide what to do with. So, if you intend on burning it or any other such thing, then I'll be obligated to stop you." No evil smile, or threatening tone, just straight talk.

Alicorn
2007-08-20, 10:52 AM
Persis

"Burn it? Now that would be silly. It's real estate! It's a little hard to pick up and carry around, so we can't really divvy it up and put it in our pockets like we can with the shiny stuff we found, but except for that hole in the roof it's a perfectly good house. We should sell it to somebody and split the proceeds, I think."

LightBringer
2007-08-20, 03:00 PM
Walker smiles at Persis, "I believe you missed my point. It is not our property to do anything with. We were charged with rescuing these fair ladies." Walker smiles and winks at the girls, "That task is done. If the mayor wants to have the house burned OR sold, then that is his choice to make, not ours."

Rejakor
2007-08-20, 06:28 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann gestures over his shoulder, at the victorian staircase, and dark decor of the house, an errant piece of light from his shield glinting from a slightly lengthened tooth. "Look at this place. It has hosted evil once, and it will again. The town is at risk unless it is destroyed. The mayor himself said that no-one has lived here since he was a small child, and with good reason." Cann grins, and that slightly feral something wavers, and then leaves his face, his demeanour becoming slightly more somber. "But you are right, it is not my place. I shall reccomend it to the mayor, but other than that I will leave it's disposition up to him." He gestures toward the door. "Shall we?" Cann says, and with that walks out the door, stepping into the open air and taking a deep breath. Cloudfoot? I have some slightly shellshocked girls in need of a nice, easy ride to town. You up for it?

LightBringer
2007-08-21, 08:49 AM
Walker simply smiles with a nod, and follows Cann out. He makes a small effort to pull/prop the doors shut. He then retrieves his horse, leaving the large man to honor his word. Once on, he offers one of the girls a hand.

Rejakor
2007-08-21, 09:15 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann watches Walker retrieve his horse from the woods, and then scans the treeline, looking for any enemies before the spell of light fades. He looks back, and starts walking toward Walker as he arrives with his horse. As Walker extends a hand to one of the girls, Cann steps in between the two, and slides the plated gauntlet with the symbol of Heironeous from his hand, stretching out the slightly battered fingers within. "While I must thank you for advising me against my baser instincts back there, do not think me ignorant of your true nature." He pauses, and grimaces slightly, as if at the pain in his fingers. "I will not question you about your past - you proved your motives in the destruction of those evil creatures back in the mansion." He looks up, his piercing blue eyes fixed on Walker's. "I will, however, not let you put yourself in a position where you may be... tempted. The girls will ride with Persis and myself. Do you understand?" On the last word, his eyes narrow slightly.



First of all, Spot Check (1d20+11=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1217444) - to notice anyone lurking.

Second of all, Diplomacy Check (1d20+13=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1217446) - To determine how well this goes. I'm not saying that Walker automatically decides to go with it or against it based on the check, i'm saying the check determines how well Cann says it. A 1-10 for example, would mean Cann had said it with teeth clenched, muscles clenched, his heritage fighting at him to destroy Walker where he stands. But with a 23, he said it pretty well, and managed to get across that he's not looking for a fight, just not really sure of Walker yet, and doesn't want to risk the girls near such a potent source of what seems to be evil.

Cyrus112
2007-08-21, 11:17 AM
The surrounding area looks to be free of enemies.

Alicorn
2007-08-21, 12:24 PM
Persis

"You're volunteering me for what now? Dorje's only a little pony, he can't carry one of them and me both. Why shouldn't he take one of the girls? I'm confused. Explain."

Rejakor
2007-08-22, 12:50 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann turns to face Persis, and the slightly grim look on his face softens. "I am sure we will talk about it - but now is neither the time nor the place. You are right, however. Dorje is a small pony. Cloudfoot can carry the two girls, and I shall walk." He turns and looks back up at Walker. "Unless you wish to explain to Persis your true nature."

LightBringer
2007-08-22, 08:44 AM
Walker smiles at Cann, "Why, I don't mind at all." Gracefully hopping from his horse and landing with ease, Walker turns to Persis, and as he begins to walk "I imagine what Lord Cann is referring to, is my base evil nature. Something that resinates from my being a Vampire. Now mind you, I am not one of those pathetic half-breeds that attacked the town. I am a true Vampire. I believe this causes Lord Cann some problems. Although I could argue base nature versus true nature, I suppose I should allow some time here for questions."

Walker walks in a circle during these statements, allowing him to look at everyone in turn as he talks, his primary focus is Persis though, since that is who he originally was addressing. From the stresses in the statement it is obvious Walker has no problem or fear of talking about himself, and that he has pride in being a Vampire, although he probably doesn't like being connected to what he called the half-breeds.

Rejakor
2007-08-22, 09:19 AM
Cann of the Mist

"Aye." Cann says, his voice silky soft, with a bare hint of a growl. "A vampire. And while we are having this little heart to heart, perhaps you could tell me why I shouldn't end your evil right here and now?" Cann scowls slightly, his grip on the glove tightening, knuckles whitening.

Alicorn
2007-08-22, 09:21 AM
Persis

"Oh, is that the deal? Well, as long as you don't try to bite me I suspect we shall get along all right regardless. I'm really too small to be appetizing anyway. Although I don't know the first thing about vampires and maybe I'd make a good snack, but you probably could have tried any time, so unless you just happen not to be hungry today and that's not a usual thing I imagine I'm quite safe, aren't I? End his evil? Beg pardon? That doesn't seem like a polite thing to do at all. I thought you seemed so nice. Anyway, we're wasting time. If you really want to walk, Cann, it's no skin off my nose. I'd have a hard time keeping up on foot, of course. You people are so tall, it's really not fair." The halfling gives Dorje a squeeze with her knees and heads in the direction of the town, whistling a jaunty tune.

LightBringer
2007-08-22, 10:00 AM
Watching Persis ride off Walker smiles and turns to Cann, his tone isn't threatening, but certainly confidant, "You can try all you like Lord Cann, although I highly doubt you would succeed. Either way, know this, while I have no intentions of starting a conflict with you, I will do everything in my power to end it. With that said, would either one of you fair ladies like to join me, and save Lord Cann the agony of such a long walk?" Walker stands near his horse waiting. Cann being an experienced warrior can tell Walker is not moving to draw any weapon, but is certainly in a stance ready to defend. The girls on the other hand probably only see the smile and an extended hand.

Rejakor
2007-08-22, 10:57 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann looks back at the girls, and snorts, his face still slightly forbidding. "For now I have another task, but we shall talk about this later, 'Walker'." His eyes narrow, and he seems to be about to say something else, but suddenly behind him there is a shimmering, and Cloudfoot daintily steps out from behind something that isn't there. Nearly all white, Cloudfoot shines with the light of the celestial realms for a few seconds, before muting herself back to the slightly more subdued colours of the material plane. She is already saddled and lowers her head and whickers at the two girls as if to say Hop on. She looks down her nose at Cann and whickers again, as if to say So what kind of trouble have you been getting into while i'm away, hmm?

Cyrus112
2007-08-23, 09:33 AM
The girls give each other a nervous glance, but each one goes to a horse (not both on one).

The journey back is without incident. You notice as you walk towards town that the burning is all done and smoke is almost gone. The entire town seems to be waiting near the inn, their gazes looking north. Upon sight of the living twins, a big cheer goes up from the collected people. Sobbing, the girls run to their mother and the innkeeper shakes the hands of each party member.

"How can I ever thank you all for what you've done?"

Rejakor
2007-08-23, 10:14 AM
((Umm...so... despite Cann stopping them... they just kind of brushed past him and got on Walker's horse anyway? That's... Cann would have tried to stop them from doing that... I mean. *facepalm*))

EDIT: ((You mean each girl got on a horse (one on walker's one on Cloudfoot) and both Walker and Cann walked? Cann would have been ok with that, although he would have been watching the vampire like a hawk.))

EDIT EDIT: ((I need to know what happened before I can post))

LightBringer
2007-08-23, 01:27 PM
Walker has no intentions of walking, just so you know.

Rejakor
2007-08-23, 11:58 PM
((That last statement is actually quite funny.)) :smallbiggrin:

LightBringer
2007-08-24, 08:42 AM
(I know. I kept reading it thinking, 'Maybe I should rephrase that', but I didn't.)

Cyrus112
2007-08-24, 05:16 PM
((One girl on each horse. Also, I'm going tobe out of town for the weekend. I'll be back sometime Sunday so I'll post more then. For now, do some more character interaction if you are so inclined.))

Rejakor
2007-08-24, 09:54 PM
((Well, the whole point of Cann stepping in between the girls and Walker was to STOP them getting on the horse, considering that he's a vampire. So if one of them moves to get onto Walker's horse, could we please backtrack because no way in hell Cann would have just sat there and let that happen.))

Cyrus112
2007-08-27, 08:41 AM
((Very well.))

One girl moves to get onto Cann's horse and the other girl moves to get on Walker's horse.

LightBringer
2007-08-27, 08:52 AM
When Cann attempts to stop one of the girls from coming over Walker looks at Cann. "Out of the two of us you have displayed the most violent, and aggressive behavior. You are the one who enjoys pummelling things to death. You should be thankful that either of the girls wants to ride with you. In fact, I don't even trust your horse not to throw them to the ground, and stomp on them."

Dismounting, "Here girls ride this horse. I would feel much with you on your own horse. I'll just walk beside you if that is alright with you?"

Walker holds the reins and waits.

Rejakor
2007-08-27, 08:54 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann scowls, and looks over at the vampire with foreboding in his grey-blue eyes. "Insult me however you wish, vampire, but I swear by the Wandering One that if you speak badly of Cloudfoot again I will end you." Cloudfoot snorts at Cann, but he remains steadfast, eyes locked onto Walker.

LightBringer
2007-08-28, 08:25 AM
Walker just chuckles and shakes his head. "Ahh yes, aggressive and violent," is all Walker says, in a soft 'as I expected' tone, as he waits for the girls to mount the horse.

Alicorn
2007-08-28, 08:46 AM
Persis

"Will you two stop bickering, please?" Persis calls, pausing Dorje long enough to twist around in her saddle and frown at her erstwhile compatriots. "It's very tiresome."

Rejakor
2007-08-28, 09:13 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann looks at Walker a moment longer, and then turns away, regarding the road ahead. Muttering to himself about 'mouthy vampires' and 'pushy halflings', he snaps a ceramic tile between two hands, and says "Let's get going." He waits a few moments for the girls to mount the horses, and then with a hard look at Walker, starts walking down the road. Cloudfoot snorts at Cann's back, and follows, making sure the girl can stay on her back easily.



Lol, Walker is pretty annoying, hey? I see him as a Spike like character... also, I do believe the girls are mounting horses, not a horse. We've already been over that. :elan:

Snapping a tile of Longstrider, in order to be able to keep up with the horses. The three hour duration should get us back to town.

Cyrus112
2007-08-29, 07:51 AM
((Sorry for any delays in posting. School just started back up (my last semester, finally) and I'm feeling a little under the weather. Any more character interaction, or shall we skip ahead?))

Rejakor
2007-08-29, 08:04 AM
((I'm ready to move on.))

LightBringer
2007-08-29, 08:27 AM
Whatever the girls do is fine for Walker. He is quite content with the results. (Let's rock and roll)

Cyrus112
2007-08-31, 08:58 AM
((Time for some copy/paste-age, heh))

The journey back is without incident. You notice as you walk towards town that the burning is all done and smoke is almost gone. The entire town seems to be waiting near the inn, their gazes looking north. Upon sight of the living twins, a big cheer goes up from the collected people. Sobbing, the girls run to their mother and the innkeeper shakes the hands of each party member.

"How can I ever thank you all for what you've done?"

Rejakor
2007-08-31, 09:32 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann forces a smile at the gratitude of the townspeople, however he seems ill at ease. The only time the tension leaves his brow is when his eyes light on the girls, who seem to have recovered from the blankness they displayed in the manor. He absent-mindedly shakes the innkeeper's hand, and then if possible fades away from the celebration, seeking somewhere quiet to sit and think.

LightBringer
2007-09-04, 09:29 AM
(Sorry about the delay. Unable to post and then took the weekend off.)

Ketharo smiles and nods. A lot of 'You're welcomes and It was no problems". Mostly he just goes along with it.

Alicorn
2007-09-04, 10:31 AM
Persis

The halfling, for her part, cheerfully accepts any and all adulation sent in her direction, although she also make a polite inquiry about the promised monetary reward.

Cyrus112
2007-09-04, 11:22 PM
"Of course, of course," says the innkeeper. "Come in doors. Drinks for everyone!" He declares as he walks indoors. He turns to the group once inside.

"Just sit down somewhere and I'll be out with your money in a bit. And thank you so much again for bringing my daughters back to us safely." He waddles off into a backroom and the old wizard comes up to the group, an intent look on his face.

"I sent my unseen servant to follow you and keep an eye on things. It didn't go indoors, but remained outside. Do you know what that object was that flew off into the distance shortly before you all emerged from the manor?"

Rejakor
2007-09-04, 11:49 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann frowns.



Detect Evil on the Wizard.

LightBringer
2007-09-05, 12:57 PM
Walker smiles and follows along, but is very weary. No poison should effect him so he drinks, or appears to drink, what is brought to him, but keeps his ears peeled for anything out of the ordinary. He waits for Persis to answer the wizard.

Cyrus112
2007-09-05, 09:29 PM
The wizard is not evil.

Alicorn
2007-09-05, 10:27 PM
Persis

"No idea. It was glowy and spherical and animate. Besides that we've got as much idea as you," says the halfling.

Cyrus112
2007-09-06, 07:42 AM
((I don't remember if I've mentioned this at all. If not, I'm letting you know now and your characters will have this information. All of the people in this group of marauders had an insignia on a piece of clothing of a tower with a snake wrapped around it. Behind the tower is a black lightning bolt. All of the marauders with that weird purple armor/skin had snake tattoos on their foreheads. It is not coming into play now, I just wanted to make sure you all had that information.))

The wizard looks excited.

"It was spherical? Animate you said? It flew up into the sky of its own accord? This may sound odd but it didn't...speak at all did it? Or make any kind of noise?"

Alicorn
2007-09-06, 08:23 AM
Persis

"It wasn't very talkative. It certainly ought to have thanked me, so if those things can talk we found an impolite specimen. I think I kind of heard it giggling, though."

Cyrus112
2007-09-07, 10:00 AM
The innkeeper comes back.

"Forgive me, I forgot to ask what you all wanted to drink. I'm still so overjoyed because my daughters were returned to me safely."

The innkeeper takes your orders and then walks away to get the drinks. The wizard talks again.

"This spherical object, the Cult of Recnar...do you all see what this means?!"

Rejakor
2007-09-07, 11:01 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann raises one eyebrow. "No."

Cyrus112
2007-09-07, 11:20 PM
The wizard looks around with a secretive look and then leans in.

"That was an Orb of Light! As their name implies, they will restore light to this land. They've lain dormant for a thousand years, and have now begun to awaken. If destroyed, Darkness will remain here forever. With the rescue of each Orb, a little more of a path to the Tower of Darkness will be revealed."

Rejakor
2007-09-07, 11:42 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann raises his eyebrow slightly higher, in fact it looks in danger of detaching and floating off to a life in the clouds. "There are a lot of legends about the darkness, and the return of the light. How do you know of this?"



Gah! Again! 487d6 plot damage!

EDIT: I'm also faintly relieved we did the right thing letting it go.

Cyrus112
2007-09-08, 07:12 AM
((Erm, I'm confused. Plot damage? Explain please, heh))

Rejakor
2007-09-08, 08:36 AM
((Just saying that you just hit me with plot damage.))

((EDIT: You managed to advance the plot, and I, as a player, am against this, so I referred to it as 'plot damage'. Twas a not very funny joke. :smallbiggrin: ))

LightBringer
2007-09-10, 09:22 AM
Walker simply listens to the wizard with a little interest.

Cyrus112
2007-09-11, 11:07 AM
"I've made a habit over the many years I've been alive of studying ancient texts and history in general. I have contacts in Solarion, Arcanix, and even Nocturne. We stay in contact on a regular basis, and we've all been seeing signs that the time when Darkness will be banished or remain forever approaches. All of the ancient prophecies and legends speak of Orbs that will return light to the land. They have lain dormant for the past thousand years, only to begin to awaken. People will be drawn to them. If pure, innocent blood is shed over the orbs, the orbs will become corrupted and will instead make it impossible for the light to ever return."

Rejakor
2007-09-11, 10:01 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann frowns. "That is what those vampires and their cohorts were attempting to do. They wore insignia too. Clearly they are part of a larger group, attempting to stop the return of the light."



Gah! The plot! It comes so fast and thick and keeps hitting me! Gah!

LightBringer
2007-09-12, 10:26 AM
Walker looks at the wizard, So how many are there, and where are they located?

Cyrus112
2007-09-12, 01:55 PM
"That much is up for much debate. No one is quite sure how many there are. I'm sure this cult," he says, pointing to one of the cult insignias, "has something to do with it. The snake figures prominently for those who seem to be in charge. I'm not sure what significance that has ((Knowledge Ancient Relgion anyone?)), but perhaps one of my contacts in Solarion may know. When you reach Solarion, the library will be in the East Wing of the city. Ask for Kruger, and take an insignia and this drawing with you." He passes an insignia and the drawing of the snake from the forehead of one of the purple plated figures across the table. "And keep your eyes out for any signs of kidnapping or conflict, as it will most likely be tied into the orbs."

((Some more plot damage Cann? How are those Plot HP's lookin? :smallbiggrin:))

Rejakor
2007-09-12, 10:18 PM
Cann of the Mist

"Wait." Cann says, staring down at the insignias and the table. "I never agreed to go to Solarion. I have duties back in Arcania that await my return."

LightBringer
2007-09-13, 08:12 AM
Walker just sort of grins, then returning to his normal expression, No one is forcing you to come. I'm sure Persis and I can handle it.

Alicorn
2007-09-13, 09:43 AM
Persis

"It sounds very exciting!" says the halfling brightly. "And you know what, I bet rescuing innocent people even if we're doing it to save orbs is probably a pretty good racket. Fewer people to split it with if you don't come along. And less bickering about whose horse the innocent rescuees have to ride on for me to listen to!"

Rejakor
2007-09-13, 10:19 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann casts his eyes over the rest of the 'group'. "But then again, leaving this information only in the hands of a mercenary halfling and a... person with a few things to hide." Cann thinks for a few moments, and then seems to come to a decision. "This information needs to reach the Solarion high command. I can save more lives by directing their attention towards the orbs rather than their war with the nocturne. If you can get a message to the Arcanix, I will perform this service for you."

Alicorn
2007-09-13, 10:42 AM
Persis

"I'm not a mercenary," protests Persis. "I'm an opportunist."

LightBringer
2007-09-14, 08:23 AM
"And when have I hidden anything. Ask and you shall recieve." Looking at Persis, "He must be talking about some other people."

Cyrus112
2007-09-15, 09:58 AM
The wizard nods.

"I can get a message to anyone in Arcanix, good paladin. Besides, it appears the orbs have chosen you three for this task. One way or another, I'm sure you'd be drawn back to the orbs, anyway."

Cyrus112
2007-09-17, 01:28 PM
((Bumpity, you guys still around?))

Alicorn
2007-09-17, 03:14 PM
((I'm here, just got nothing I can think of to say. We got how much gold apiece?))

Rejakor
2007-09-17, 08:00 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann thinks for a few more moments, and then says "I will pen a message to be sent to Master Greyblood of the Order of Protectors. If you can assure me the message will reach Master Greyblood, then I shall journey to the Solarion capital." Cann nods, and sits down at a nearby table, penning a letter while Cloudfoot looks on through a window.

LightBringer
2007-09-18, 08:59 AM
(Sorry rough week last week, and no access this weekend.)

Walker is quite content with this new task. Exploring the world is what he lives for. He just spends the evening talking and carousing. Just enjoying the company. :smallbiggrin:

Cyrus112
2007-09-18, 10:27 AM
The mage snaps his fingers.

"Payment was promised I believe."

He tosses a bag onto the table.

"1,500 gold to be split among the group that went was what was agreed upon, I believe."

The mage takes the note from Cann when he's done penning it.

"Alan!" he calls out harshly.

A young man comes stumbling into the room.

"Yes Master?" he asks, expectant.

"You are being charged with delivering this message to Master Greyblood of the Order of the Protectors in Arcanix. While there, get in contact with Fenix, if at all possible. Give him these."

He hands Alan rolled up parchment.

"Tell him that I would appreciate if he would contact me once he's done examining those items and give me any insights or suspicions."

Alan nods and practically sprints out to the stables.

"Was there anything else you all needed?" the mage asks, his attention turning back towards the group.

LightBringer
2007-09-18, 03:41 PM
Walker would indicate that he needed nothing else as he talks to the twins. :smallcool:

Rejakor
2007-09-18, 07:25 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann gives the old mage a head-bow. "No, you have been more than kind. I shall relay this message to the Solarion High Command as soon as fast as I am able, and then return to the lands of the Arcanix." Cann looks across at the halfling and vampire. Strange companions indeed.

Cyrus112
2007-09-21, 01:38 PM
((Watcha all up to? The balls in your court so to speak.))

LightBringer
2007-09-21, 02:49 PM
Still just carousing. Walker's not really interested in anything, or anyone particular. Now several someone's might peek his interest. :smallwink:

Other than that he'll get his cut of the reward from Persis later.

Alicorn
2007-09-21, 04:57 PM
Persis

Persis tugs on Cann's sleeve. "So, hey," she says brightly, "you were saying "mercenary" like it was a bad thing before, so, does that mean you don't want your share of the gold we got? Or do you want your cut? Because you can have a third of it if you waaaaant, but I'm sure me and Walker would not mind at all if you didn't want to taint your hands with money, or whatever it is you think gold does that's bad."

Rejakor
2007-09-22, 07:44 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann quirks an eyebrow at the little halfling, for the first time that night humour entering his eyes. "No, I do not think that gold would 'taint' me, Persis." He says very seriously, crouching on his heels down to her level. "What taints the soul is what men will do for gold, or power, or to fulfill their desires, not the metal itself." Cann gestures, and a golden coin bearing the mark of the Arcanix appears between two of his mailed fingers. It dances across his fingers, flashing in the light. "Indeed, gold is quite pretty." He says, eyes watching the coin is it flicks back and forth across his knuckles.

Alicorn
2007-09-22, 08:06 AM
Persis

The halfling giggles at the show of sleight of hand. "You should teach me how to do that. Okay, here's a third of the gold." She counts out 500GP for him. "We should probably all go on mini shopping trips before we hit the road. This won't buy much gear but it'd cover some healing potions or something. Those are always good to have when one is on a perilous adventure risking life and limb, don't you think?" She winks and skips away.

Persis then spends the remainder of the evening trying to trap a live mouse or rat, which she will use as a test subject for the potion she collected in the house to determine if her vials are best used as splash weapons or useful potions to take herself.

Cyrus112
2007-09-22, 08:36 AM
((Quick note Persis. The town you are in has been <i>decimated.</i> You're not likely to find many supplies here, although you could ask. As far as the mouse/rat thing goes, make a spot check and a handle animal check if you have it.))

Rejakor
2007-09-22, 08:42 AM
Cann of the Mist

"Indeed." Cann says, quirking an eyebrow for a second before tossing the coin up into the air and catching it, only to open his hand and let it return to his side, empty. As he looks around the room, his more somber mood returns, and he sits back at the table, continuing to compose the letter to Lord Greyblood. After he finishes it, he will request a simple meal from the innkeep, and then retire to a corner to finish it. The entire time he keeps an eye on Walker, as best he is able.

If he notices Persis catching a rat, he will keep an eye on her. When he sees her giving it potions, or preparing to do so, he will go and have a 'word' with her about magical experimentation on animals, and continue to calmly argue with her until she gives up or the world ends.



Every time Cann says 'Indeed' you are to think Teal'c.

From Stargate.

You heard me.

[roll0] - to keep an eye on Walker and Persis.

Alicorn
2007-09-22, 09:27 AM
Persis

Spot: 18-5=13
Handle Animal: Untrained, 9-1=8

That probably fails, so she'll then ask the inkeeper if he has any mousetraps that might have left a mouse alive.

And although she will happily chat with Cann about ethics, she will also not take anything he says into account while deciding what to actually do, and if he attempts to physically restrain her, he'll have a fight on his hands.

Rejakor
2007-09-22, 10:01 AM
(waits for DM)

(Cann doesn't make a move to physically restrain Persis, and this whole situation only pops up if he spots her doing something to some poor tiny vermin. And that only happens if you catch one. And if you do we'll roleplay it. :smallsmile: )

Cyrus112
2007-09-23, 09:13 AM
You see a rat near the corner of the inn, but as you get closer, it goes scurrying into a little hole in the wall.

"I don't really have any mlousetraps at the moment, little halfling," the innkeeper tells you.

"There are bound to be some mice or rats in the cellar that you could try and catch." The innkeeper gives a little shrug, delivers Cann his food and goes back to his family.

Alicorn
2007-09-23, 09:16 AM
Persis

The halfling goes down into the cellar in search of hapless vermin. ((Can I try to catch one with a Dexterity check or an attack roll, instead of skill checks for things I suck at?))

Cyrus112
2007-09-23, 09:22 AM
You see a rat near the corner of the inn, but as you get closer, it goes scurrying into a little hole in the wall.

"I don't really have any mousetraps at the moment, little halfling," the innkeeper tells you.

"There are bound to be some mice or rats in the cellar that you could try and catch." The innkeeper gives a little shrug, delivers Cann his food and goes back to his family.

Rejakor
2007-09-24, 02:54 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann frowns as he sees the halfling heading down to the cellar. What is she up to now... Cann shakes his head and turns back to his food. He is already mentally exhausted from dealing with recalcitrant vampire and the troublemaking vampire for just one day. He can't imagine what this trip will be like.

LightBringer
2007-09-24, 02:31 PM
(Still here :smallcool: )

Walker is interested in carousing, and enjoying the evening. Sleep is irrelavent, so he talks to everyone he can.

(In other words, Walker's ready to go when everyone else is.)

Cyrus112
2007-09-25, 10:09 AM
Persis, you find some rats and mice in the cellar. Go ahead and make an attack roll to grab one.

Walker, you notice a drunk townsman stumble from the inn and out the door.

Alicorn
2007-09-25, 10:20 AM
Persis

(I'm rolling this with the bonuses I'd get for an unarmed strike. If it should be something else let me know.)

15+5+4=24

Rejakor
2007-09-25, 11:33 AM
((While Cann won't follow the crazy halfling, he will follow the vampire. Cause the vampire is the one he is watching - so if Walker leaves, don't just fast forward ahead, assume Cann follows.))

Alicorn
2007-09-25, 11:55 AM
((I am not crazy! I just want to know whether I should *drink* my mysterious potion or throw it at my enemies!))

LightBringer
2007-09-25, 02:26 PM
Although Walker watches the man stumble away with a 'I wondering where he's going in a town that's been destroyed', sort of look, he returns his attention to conversations with the fairer sex.

Cyrus112
2007-09-25, 04:31 PM
Persis, you get your hands on a rat. ((I believe grapples with them automatically succeed because of their size, but I could be wrong.))

Walker, your conversation ((was it with one of the twins?)) goes well for the most part ((go ahead and make a Diplomacy check)).

Alicorn
2007-09-25, 05:42 PM
Persis

Persis gets out one of the vials of potion she collected and tips a drop of it onto her rodential captive.

Rejakor
2007-09-25, 07:17 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann finishes the letter, and seals it with an imprint from his ring, the mark of the arcanix slashed with the seal of his house easy to see on the imprint of the sealing wax. He delivers the letter to the mage, and thanks the man, before heading outside, sitting against the wall of the inn, and stroking Cloudfoot's nose while looking up at the stars.

LightBringer
2007-09-26, 01:30 PM
With the twins. With anyone who wants to talk. Mostly enjoys talking and flirting with women though.


Diplomacy : untrained, but a roll of 16, and whatever natural bonuses there are.

Cyrus112
2007-09-26, 09:30 PM
((Light or dark potion Persis?))

Walker, one of the twins seems to be paying more attention to you than the other, although you are getting along well with a few different men and women.

Cann, the wizard nods to you and hands the letter to Alan, who takes off immediately on the long trek to Arcanix.

Alicorn
2007-09-27, 08:10 AM
((The one that turned the floor into rock, first. I'll test the other two on other rats later. And she's going to keep chasing rats until she nabs enough to be victims of all her sinister experiments, so we could probably call that taking 20 on her attack rolls.))

Rejakor
2007-09-28, 12:34 AM
(Ahh, the perils of travelling with dr hyde. :smallbiggrin: )

(Cann is just going to watch the stars for a period of time and then go back into the inn, check on walker to make sure he's not eating people, and then get a room and sleep the night.)

Cyrus112
2007-10-01, 02:15 PM
Persis, the one potion turns a rat into stone. The black potion seems to flat out kill another rat, and the white one doesn't seem to do much to another rat you captured.

Alicorn
2007-10-01, 02:42 PM
Persis

Persis will keep all three rats - the stone one as an interesting figurine and to see if it ever wears off, the dead one to see if it turns into some kind of undead rat later on or just stays dead (she'll keep it tied to something, in case of the former), and the third, healthy rat (which she will keep well away from her rations, but feed periodically) in case it manifests any unusual effects later on. She'll chuck the dead rat in a few days when it starts to smell if nothing happens to it.

Having conducted her sinister experiments, she will then retire for the night and wake up bright and cheery the next morning.

Also, she's going to name the live rat Lucky.

LightBringer
2007-10-01, 03:11 PM
Walker spends his time in recreation, then keeps watch as the others sleep.

LightBringer
2007-10-02, 12:15 PM
When the suns comes up, well you know, Walker will knock on Cann's and Persis' doors if they are not already awake.

"SunRise!"

Rejakor
2007-10-03, 02:04 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann steps out of the room, rubbing sleep from his eyes. His dreams had been fraught with terrifying visions, as they usually were after he vanquished something that was drawn to him or him to it, like a moth to a candle flame. He looks slightly odd without his armour on, but that is probably because you have never seen him without it. "The sun has not risen for nigh on four hundred years - and I doubt it will rise in my lifetime." Cann says as he opens the door, grouchy with dark half-circles under his eyes. He pauses for a few moments and then a rare grin emerges. "Well, probably not in my lifetime, anyway." He pokes an intrusive finger at Walker. "So what are you doing bringing back the sun? Very noble and all that, but I was under the impression your kind liked the dark, and were incapable of emotions like 'compassion' and 'honour'." Cann grins as he says this, as if challenging a vampire while at ease in his smallclothes was not the height of stupidity



Heh. Chuck Norris. Heh.

Alicorn
2007-10-03, 08:12 AM
Persis

"Good morning, the both of you," trills Persis cheerfully as she emerges from her room. "So where are we going first and which direction is it?"

LightBringer
2007-10-03, 08:28 AM
Walker smiles and looks back and forth as if trying to figure out who to answer first. Then decides, Just because we are in darkness doesn't mean the sun hasn't risen. I can feel the change. I suppose we are going to head for Solarion, and it's that way. Walker points over his shoulder. There's plenty of dark, even when the sun comes out. Like mother always said, 'Enjoy the fruits of your labour, but do not become greedy, for you will lose all you have.' As far as honour and compassion go I have more than enough, and to once again point out the obvious, you have no idea who 'my kind' are.

As Walker turns to head down the stairs, Now get your scrawny ass covered and come have some breakfast.