PDA

View Full Version : Alerian Chronicles: Illumination (Trying this again)



Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Rejakor
2007-12-15, 06:12 AM
Cann of the Mist

"'Recovered' the baron's heirloom? Interesting. I second Persis' enquiry - who from, where, and how was this heirloom recovered?"

Cyrus112
2007-12-16, 11:58 PM
Xarlon squints at Cann in a suspicious manner.

"Not that it's any of your business, Paladin of Arcanix, but it went missing from the treasury. I tracked the bandits to their hideout with a little scrying and sent some soldiers after them to recover it."

((As a rule, I'm going to keep whether characters are lying or not to myself. It will be up to the PC's to roll Sense Motive checks when they feel a lie is being said. Else what's the fun if I tell you to roll a check? Unless it's spot or listen or such :smalltongue:))

Rejakor
2007-12-17, 06:32 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann frowns again. "How well guarded is your treasury that bandits could make away with an item of such importance? How did they steal it?" He shakes his head.


This guy is so shifty. I love him. If you're worried about sense motive checks, you could just roll them for us, but i'm fine however.

[roll0] - On what he knows about the spirit. Is he telling the truth?

[roll1] - About the whole heirloom situation. Seems fishy.

Alicorn
2007-12-17, 09:03 AM
Persis

((Big ol' batch of sense motives. Assume I use one any time Xarlon says anything more suspicious than "it's dark outside" and as otherwise noted. Let me know when I run out.

3+9=12
19+9=28
12+9=21
2+9=11
8+9=17
12+9=21
15+9=24
7+9=26
11+9=20
))

LightBringer
2007-12-17, 10:25 AM
Walker fights the sudden urge to simply kill everyone here, and be done with these fools. "Easy Ketharo the time will come, and now is not it."

Persis and Cann seem to have enough questions so Walker continues to remain quite. He will just begin to look around the room. Looking for things out of the norm, making sure guards with crossbows don't line some kill slots near the roof, and basically seeing if he could just 'wander' out of this area without being noticed.

(Please feel free to roll any rolls needed. I'm already swamped and out of time.)

Cyrus112
2007-12-17, 10:47 AM
((I'll remember that for future. Perhaps links to the characters can be provided? I don't know mods off the top of my head. Either in thread or pmed will do. Walker, I believe I already have your sheet.))

Cann, he seems to be genuine as far as the spirit is concerned. On the heirloom situation, however, he seems to be holding back. Persis, he absolutely knows the deal with the spirit and the heirloom situation. He's lying through the teeth. Also, both of you notice that something seems to be off with the Baron.

"I'm not in charge of the treasury, Paladin. How would I know what the security is like? All I did was scry their location after we discovered that the relic was missing."

Rejakor
2007-12-17, 12:16 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann folds his arms, staring down at Xarlon. "Perhaps you had better fill me in on this heirloom, and it's history." He rumbles, looking every inch the harsh and merciless Paladin-Watcher of the Arcanix.


That sentence just there. About him not knowing about security and just scrying for the object... i'm betting he's lying through his teeth. Lets see what Cann picks up.

[roll0]

On Sheets: My only sheet for Cann is physical atm, after thingo died, i'll see what I can do about hosting him somewhere.

Cyrus112
2007-12-18, 10:58 AM
Cann, you get the feeling he knew the location of this heirloom before it was stolen. He also didn't scry for its location. The Baron speaks up at this point.

"It's a giant jewel of some kind. A thousand years ago, a warrior appeared at this castle badly, badly hurt. My ancestor took him in and cared for his wounds. The warrior, before dying, gave my ancestor this jewel and told him to keep it safe. He didn't say what it was or what it did. My ancestor formed an elite group of soldiers to guard this jewel, eventhough every wizard he knew detected no magical abilities in it."

Cyrus112
2007-12-20, 12:33 AM
((What's up people?))

Rejakor
2007-12-20, 01:46 AM
Cann of the Mist

"So how did a group of 'bandits' get past all your normal security and this group of 'elite' guards?" Cann looks sceptical.

Sense Motive, is that the true story of the heirloom?

[roll0]

LightBringer
2007-12-20, 02:26 PM
Walkers still just looking around. Nothing to add at this point.

Alicorn
2007-12-20, 02:33 PM
((Persis, too, is quiet for once.))

Cyrus112
2007-12-20, 02:50 PM
It is indeed the true story of the heirloom, as far as you can make out. The Baron speaks up again.

"The Elite Guard have their own quarters and location away from the castle. They are separate from the normal soldiers and answer only to the Baron, whereas normal soldiers answer to the Baron's military advisors."

Xarlon looks like he's about to strangle the Baron, but maintains his composure.

Rejakor
2007-12-20, 09:08 PM
Cann of the Mist

"So, if their purpose was to guard this heirloom, why were they quartered so far away? By the gods, wasn't your treasury guarded?" Cann seems to be becoming exasperated.



[roll0] - Why is Xarlon pissed off that the Baron gave Cann that information?

Rejakor
2007-12-20, 09:09 PM
1d2 isn't quite the right dice.

[roll0]

Rejakor
2007-12-20, 09:17 PM
Screw you too, dice roller. Screw you very much.

[roll0] - Sense Motive.

LightBringer
2007-12-21, 09:47 AM
(I'll be out until next Wednesday. Feel free to continue on. Walker feels Persis, and Cann have this in hand and really has no interest in interrupting. On the other hand he is trying to figure out how he can take this keep over. :smallcool: )

Cyrus112
2007-12-21, 04:35 PM
((Cool points for Rejakor for the Screw you dice roller comment, lol))

As far as you can tell, Cann, Xarlon looks mad because he doesn't want these details in the open.

The Baron nods and continues.

"Their barracks was always known to everyone but a few people as a reserve barracks for the castle. Not many knew much of the heirloom, and not even the rulers think of it as important. That's why Xarlon's here. Word gets out about an ancient heirloom and some wizard wants to investigate it."

Rejakor
2007-12-21, 08:43 PM
Cann of the Mist

"So Xarlon came here after the bandits stole the heirloom? How did they steal it, exactly?" Cann speaks to the baron, still looking very forbidding.

[roll0] - Sometimes, you can tell when someone says something they've been assured of many times, which usually is a lie. You can also watch the face of the person who told them this, when they think you're looking at the face of the person speaking, and it twinges when it gets to their oft-repeated lie - it's an easily suppressible instinct, but when they're not suppressing it...

Cyrus112
2007-12-22, 08:42 PM
The Baron shakes his head, and Xarlon speaks.

"I've been here for a little over a year, Paladin."

The Baron speaks up, "We're not sure how it was stolen. One morning, one of the guards was passing by on his morning patrol route and found it missing."

Nothing here seems out of the ordinary to you.

((Also, I will be incommunicado for the next couple of days, so break until the day after Christmas, I think. I may be able to get on before that, but maybe not. Feel free to post actions/comments if you'd like, just don't expect them to be addressed until early into this upcoming week.))

LightBringer
2007-12-26, 12:12 PM
(Just an 'I'm here' note. Actions are still the same.)

Cyrus112
2007-12-26, 04:07 PM
((I'm back as well, if in a limited fashion. I'll be able to get on once, twice a day to check things. Waiting on actions from you guys.))

LightBringer
2007-12-26, 05:51 PM
Oh well in that case...


Walker reaches back and steel glints in the light as his long sword flies free. In one bound he is up the stairs and upon the evil X. He will stab him through the heart, bite his neck, and suck all of his blood out of him....Muuaawwwhahahahahahahahaha, just kidding. :smallcool:

Cyrus112
2007-12-28, 05:00 PM
((X quick casts a maximized fireball incinerating the entire room, hahahahHAHAHAha...mine is an evil laugh. I too am joking))

Alicorn
2007-12-28, 05:15 PM
Persis

Persis, apparently bored with the conversation, idly looks at the wall decorations. "We were promised food, you know," she says to no one in particular.

Rejakor
2007-12-31, 09:52 AM
((Detect Evil on everyone in the room))

Cyrus112
2008-01-01, 11:51 PM
Everyone in the room appears to be a cloudy gray. Each figure occasionally flashes red or blue. Even your companions, whose alignments you know already are all cloudy and uncertain.

The Baron perks up.

"Yes, yes, where are my manners. Let us prepare a feast. We haven't had much to celebrate recently. Perhaps after you see this spirit in action, you can formulate a plan to counter it. You can fill yourselves with fine food and drink, get a goodnight's sleep and go after it tomorrow."

LightBringer
2008-01-02, 09:35 AM
Walker just smiles and nods, not adding anything. This place just isn't right. Mostly he's just grateful he doesn't have to eat real food.

Rejakor
2008-01-02, 10:01 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann frowns. Again. Then he looks over at the Baron, still the serious paladin of the arcanix. "Of course, we would be honoured to attend your table this evening. And we will of course do our utmost to investigate this spirit." He looks up and gives Xarlon a significant look, waiting until the wizard meets his eyes before nodding slightly and looking back to the baron. "If that is all you needed us for Baron?"

Cyrus112
2008-01-02, 11:24 AM
Xarlon looks slightly mollified.

The Baron nods, "Unless you all have further questions, that would be it I think. I'll have some servants show you to your rooms."

He claps his hands and three servants come in, waiting attentively.

LightBringer
2008-01-02, 11:44 AM
Any of them cute girls?

Although he doesn't have to eat real food, there's always time for a snack! :smallcool:

Rejakor
2008-01-02, 08:59 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann bows to the Baron and allows the servant to lead him to his room.

Cyrus112
2008-01-06, 01:36 AM
((Sorry for the delay, life is a bit hectic at the moment. Any of you know or work for any company that is hiring writers right now? I need an actual job, hehe))

All three servants are very attractive, young girls. They lead you to separate rooms (that are right next to each other) and show you in. Each servants asks a person, "Is there anything else I can get you at the moment?"

Rejakor
2008-01-06, 11:16 AM
*facepalm*

Alicorn
2008-01-06, 11:52 AM
Persis

"Can I have some breadcrumbs or kitchen scraps or something for my pet rat?" asks Persis. "I can wait until it's dinnertime proper for food for me, but Lucky will get hungry. Oh, and what's your name?"

Rejakor
2008-01-07, 02:33 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann waits until the servant leaves, silently, and then closes his eyes, attempting to use the divine gift of the Wanderer.

LightBringer
2008-01-07, 09:36 AM
Walker smiles, Well now that you mention it.......

Be sure to give the room the once over. Looking for any thing out of the ordinary. (Feel free to make any rolls for sake of game speed.) Walker will be ready when they call for dinner though.

Cyrus112
2008-01-09, 12:05 PM
Persis, your servant girl nods.

"I can be back in a few minutes. I'll see what I can find." She turns and leaves.

((What again does that ability do, Cann? I seem to have deleted that link you sent me))

The servant girl looks at you with wide-eyed innocence, "Yes, m'Lord? Was there anything?"

Nothing seems out of the ordinary to you, Walker.

LightBringer
2008-01-10, 05:27 PM
:smallcool:

Then I'll prepare for dinner.

Rejakor
2008-01-11, 12:54 AM
It's detect evil. Cause it wasn't working earlier. :smallsmile:

Cyrus112
2008-01-11, 03:11 AM
It still seems to be doing the same thing it did before, Cann. You can't tell one way or another.

Persis, a servant brings some scraps back, while looking in a curious kind of way at a "pet rat."

LightBringer
2008-01-11, 09:16 AM
Once I'm ready for dinner I'll just wander the halls. Maybe try to eavesdrop a little.

Alicorn
2008-01-11, 11:00 AM
Persis

Persis pulls out Lucky, offers him the table scraps, and strokes his fur while he eats.

Rejakor
2008-01-12, 12:44 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann meditates until it is time for dinner, seeking divine guidance.

Cyrus112
2008-01-12, 11:36 AM
((Any place in particular you're going, Walker?))

LightBringer
2008-01-14, 10:41 AM
Since I don't know the lay out of the castle, No. I'll just wander and follow my ears. If I hear the Baron or his wizard I'll focus on that.

LightBringer
2008-01-16, 05:42 PM
Mmmwwaaaahahahahahahaa, Walker sneaks through the keep, and kills everyone in his path. He only leaves a few competent looking guards and any good looking servant girls alive to be turned later. He slays the Baron, and his pathetic advisor/mage. Walker has decided to settle down and this keep will do well enough. When the spirit comes Walker throws the 'hierloom' down at him, since he has no need for it. :smallcool:

(That is if Cyrus doesn't make it back.)

Rejakor
2008-01-17, 07:00 AM
Cann of the Mist

"The time has come." Cann steps forth, as Walker begins his slaughter, glowing archaic sword in his gloved hand, eyes filled with holy fire. "Demon!" He calls, levelling his sword at the wraith. "Prepare thyself." Levelling his sword, he charges, a deep-throated roar filling the air, lightning crackling around the unsheathed blade.

Alicorn
2008-01-17, 12:01 PM
Persis

Persis fetches popcorn from the kitchens, finds a safe little alcove with a good view, and spectates, Lucky sitting on her shoulder.

Rejakor
2008-01-18, 05:15 AM
((Hint: The demon he is referring to is Walker.))

LightBringer
2008-01-18, 10:18 AM
(I kind of figured that, but Giant hasn't let me on in some time now, but I'm here now)

Walker smiles, the blood of a dozen men and women filling his viens, and covering his lips and chin.

Drawing his sword, Walker hisses, "Finally, you fool of a man, it's time to meet your puny god." Walker charges forward as well with an ancient and mighty elven warcry spewing from his bloody lips.


(Do you want to do the die roller on here? If so I have to look up how to do it again. :smalltongue: )

Rejakor
2008-01-18, 08:51 PM
(Nah, why bother? None of this officially counts.)

Cann of the Mist

Cann's face bestial and eyes glowing, he raises his sword and runs a hand down it, light flowing along the blade. "Meet your doom, demon. Aelrias Tel Karaemaon!" His sword blazes with holy energy, lightning crackling up and down it's length, and with a wordless roar, he launches himself forward down the corridor, drawing back the blade to plunge it through the vampire's chest and into his foul heart.

LightBringer
2008-01-21, 05:40 PM
(Wow, you can charge twice? I want to do that. :smallwink: No time right now. I'll post tonight or tomorrow.)

Rejakor
2008-01-21, 11:15 PM
(You have to take a feat. :smalltongue: )

Cyrus112
2008-01-22, 02:39 PM
((Sorry bout not being around. First I couldn't get onto the forums, and now my computer is taking a big ol' crap and it appears its finally dying. So updates for the time being will be coming sporadically from me.))

Walker, you wander the halls, but nothing really catches your attention.

LightBringer
2008-01-23, 05:39 PM
Walker suddenly hears a voice boom in his head. It distracts him from his charge, and scares him so badly he leaps up to the 20 foot high ceiling and sticks to it.

"What the ?#*^&"

LightBringer
2008-01-29, 09:32 AM
So I guess we can officially declare this campaign dead?

Alicorn
2008-01-29, 09:36 AM
that sucks :(

LightBringer
2008-01-29, 02:19 PM
Tell me about it. I don't think I'll be back if it restarts again, so I'll see you guys around.

Rejakor
2008-01-29, 08:11 PM
Umm, I don't think it's dead. I think Cyrus is just having computer trouble or something... hasn't been that long.

That's the trouble with this forum, though. It appears to exist solely so people can join games and then give up/leave/kill them. I'm 100% serious.

If you're actually interested in playing proper games, may I reccommend www.mythweavers.com? It also doesn't go down everytime Rich posts a comic. :p

Alicorn
2008-01-29, 10:33 PM
Looks like a cybersquatter, not a site.

LightBringer
2008-01-30, 02:17 PM
I have one last game to finish here. I'll keep my sub to this thread in case he makes it back, but I'm pretty sick of this site and it's issues.

You guys on the other hand are pretty awesome. It's been fun. :smallsmile:

Rejakor
2008-02-01, 10:31 PM
Aye, that is a cybersquatter. I meant www.myth-weavers.com , and yes, I agree with you about this site. It's very silly. I have one game left, and after that, i'll be MW exclusive.

Cyrus112
2008-02-03, 07:01 PM
((Still here, sort of. My PC should be up and running this week. Again EXTREMELY limited PC access. If you want this to die, we'll let it die, but if you all want to wait til end of this week, I should be up and running. And we can then get this thing properly on track.))

Rejakor
2008-02-03, 09:56 PM
(I'm willing to continue)

Alicorn
2008-02-03, 10:10 PM
((Moi aussi.))

LightBringer
2008-02-05, 02:03 PM
(Frankly we've rarely made it past this point in the previous attempts. I will continue to check in, and make post, but the speed needs to be steady.)

LightBringer
2008-02-08, 02:57 PM
SO was 'this week', last week or is it the current week?

Rejakor
2008-02-08, 07:49 PM
(shrugs)

Personally, if you want to game online, mythweavers. DND-OG isn't bad either.