PDA

View Full Version : Alerian Chronicles: Illumination (Trying this again)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cyrus112
2007-03-27, 09:10 AM
((Alrighty, getting this up while I have the motivation, heh. No need to respond right away. I'm just getting this up now. Respond when you all are ready.))

Smoke rises from burnt houses and drifts through the air. The sky above is a chaos of a solid mass of black clouds. Signs of battle are everywhere. Dead bodies, mainly of townspeople, litter the streets of this small town. Here and there there are dead orcs, goblins and humans. Some of the humans look very odd and carried very...different weaponry. Their cloaks or robes have a strang insignia on them, one that isn't in the least bit familiar to anyone. The insignia has a tower on it, which is in front of a black lightning bolt. A snake wraps itself around the tower. In the middle of the tower is a six pointed shape, with a dot in the middle of it. Lines from each of the six outer points swirl inward to meet the one point in the middle. The resulting effect makes it appear is if there is a vortex on the tower.

Town criers runs through the streets.

"Town meeting! Town meeting! Everyone meet at the Inn! The mayor wishes to speak with everyone in town! Town meeting!"

LightBringer
2007-03-27, 09:18 AM
Walker

Walker listens carefully as the crier makes his way. He ha no problem hearing him from way out here on the outskirts of the town. Keeping a careful look-out, Walker makes his way to a body and inspects it farther. He will take whatever he finds as well as a cloak that is intact, securing it in his pack. After that he will make his way toward the inn, but stays to the shadows as much as possible.

Rejakor
2007-03-27, 09:56 AM
Cann of the Mist crested the last hill between him and the small town he had been sent to. A sight of devastation reached his eyes. He had been smelling smoke for miles, but had not realized the devastation that awaited him. He looked around him, taking in the green grass, trees, and occasional small animal.

Although this land carried it's fair share of scars from the sunless age, it was much fairer than the Arcanix homelands he had journeyed from. Was it so bad to want the sun to shine again, he thought? Of course it wasn't. But Solarion soldiers killed as many Arcanix as the nightlovers. With their 'requisitions' of supplies, denouncements of Arcanix as evil tools of the Nocturne, peasant conscripts getting out of control and killing and raping. The Solarion were as much to blame for the war as the Nocturne.

With an angry grunt, he set himself in the saddle, and urged Cloudfoot on. The steady Clop, Clop of the horse's hooves returned, and they headed down the hill towards the destroyed town. Leaning down from the saddle, Cann plucked an insignia from one of the human corpses. Shaking his head at the waste of life, he followed the shouts of the town criers toward the Inn, one of the few buildings left standing in the town.

Alicorn
2007-03-27, 10:11 AM
Persis

A young halfling woman maneuvers a white pony around the corpses with obvious distaste. "This isn't very pretty, now, is it, Dorje?" she says conversationally to her mount as she follows the general flow of people towards the Inn. She ties Dorje to a nearby stationary object, gives the pony a pat, and weaves around the knees of taller folk to get into the building and see what's going on - climbing onto a table if this makes it easier to see than her not-quite-three-feet of height can.

Cyrus112
2007-03-27, 10:26 AM
((Gonna back track you a wee bit there, Alicorn))

There is a large gathering of people in front of the Inn. Bits of conversation can be heard all around from different people.

"What happened?"

"Who were those people?"

"A group from Nocturne?"

At the entrance to the Inn, there is a bald, overweight man, his equally robust wife who is in tears, an a willowy, elderly man dressed in some fine looking robes. From here, you can see a squat, stone tower that's located behind the inn.

Rejakor
2007-03-27, 08:04 PM
Cann

Riding through the burnt town, Cann sees widespread devastation, the kind so common in Arcanix, his homeland. It saddens him that even here, in the supposedly safe realm of Solarion that so many people of the Arcanix have fled to, there is suffering and death.

Coming at last to the Inn, Cann dismounts, stroking Cloudfoot's nose, telling her to wait here, and not to worry, that he'll tell her everything later. Heading through the crowd towards the front, his armour, weapons, and upright stance marking him as a person of power. As he passes, tears dry, and people feel hope.

chiefwaha
2007-03-28, 09:08 AM
A young priest rides into town, his mace held up, the head glowing softly. His full plate armor has the symbol of Pelor blazoned across the front, and it also is displayed prominently on his shield and holy symbol. An open faced helm sits on his head, and a handsome face can be seen. His skin is pigmented, letting the world know he hails from Solarion. He quietly moves towards the inn where the town meeting was urgently being called.

LightBringer
2007-03-28, 10:32 AM
Walker

Walker remains at the edges of the crowd. His brown and green cloak hood pulled over his head. He stays to the shadows of the buildings, and listen from there.

Cyrus112
2007-03-28, 01:48 PM
((I pmed the last two in the group, but haven't heard back from them yet. Hoping to soon))

Geneticist
2007-03-28, 07:14 PM
Lupo
Lupo wandered around the outskirts of the town, sniffing at dead bodies and wondering why he felt so much that something special was going on there.

ninja_penguin
2007-03-28, 07:55 PM
Rictor Belanus

Rictor circles in among the crowd consolidating around the tavern, looking to find the source of the summons by the mayor.

Cyrus112
2007-03-28, 10:56 PM
The elderly man in the fancy robes gently touches the innkeeper on the shoulder. The innkeeper pats his wife on the shoulder and then approaches the crowd.

"Thank you all for coming here. I know you all have questions, but we know about as much as you. We don't know what group was behind this attack, or why, but Bartleby here is looking into the insignia found on the cloaks.

"Our twin daughters were taken as the group retreated from town."

An anguished sob escapes the man's wife at this point.

"We don't know what the plan is for them, whether they are alive or dead, but the remaining people in the group were seen heading north. Bartleby is looking into where they are headed now, as well. We...we are looking for a group of people to bring our daughters back to us. Please. They are the shining jewels of our lives. Bartleby here will meet those who are interested in helping inside in a little bit and fill them in on what is expected. I'm begging you all, please help us."

With that, the innkeepers shoulders slump and he takes his wife and they go into the inn.

Rejakor
2007-03-29, 06:56 AM
Cann of the Mist

Stepping forward from the crowd, sky-blue cloak swirling around him, Cann smiles at the elderly couple, his mere presence lifting some of the weight of despair hanging like a pall over them.

"Don't worry, good sir. I will bring your daughters back, and" Cann's eyes swirl for a second, holy fury filling them with fire "bring their captors to justice."

chiefwaha
2007-03-29, 08:03 AM
Waha steps forward and says, "I'll help if I can. May I see the cloaks of the attackers?"

Cyrus112
2007-03-29, 08:47 AM
The old man speaks up.

"Come inside if you are interested in helping. You can have a look at some of the dead raiders and the clothes they were wearing."

LightBringer
2007-03-29, 12:55 PM
Walker

If there is an open window Walker will slide through into the inn. Otherwise he will quietly slide through the crowd and into the inn.

He will take up a position in a corner, his brown and green cloak still pulled over his head.

Cyrus112
2007-03-29, 01:21 PM
There is indeed an open window.

chiefwaha
2007-03-29, 01:26 PM
Waha enters and starts to examine any evidence.

LightBringer
2007-03-29, 01:30 PM
Walker

He will use the window quickly and quietly then. As before he will take up a position in a corner, or away from the others. Then waits for the details.

Cyrus112
2007-03-29, 03:11 PM
The insignia was described in my first post, so I'm not going to re-describe it, hehe.

There are an assortment of humans and goblin-kin, and upon closer inspection, some of the humans are vampires. Among all of the dead, there is one very odd looking person. It seems to be a human with deeply tanned skin. He appears to be wearing scaly, black plate armor, but upon closer inspection, it is natural armor, the person's actual skin. He was wielding a very odd looking sword in battle, as well.

"Ah yes, that one," chimes in the older man. "He is some sort of shape shifter. He has a snake tatooed on the back of his neck. I've made a study of all sorts of cultures and civilizations, even some beyond the mountain ranges of Aleria, but I have never seen this type of person before."

Geneticist
2007-03-29, 04:52 PM
Lupo is going to hide by the window and observe as best he can. He thinks "Better to not pop up as a wolf when everyone's nerves are so tense already".

ninja_penguin
2007-03-30, 04:37 PM
Rictor Belanus

Rictor edges up to the crowd along the corpses, with only minor interest until he spots the corpses of the vampires and the shapeshifter. "How fascinating." he mutters.

Rejakor
2007-03-30, 08:19 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann walks into the Inn, and takes a look at the raiders. Inspecting the dead vampires closely, he attempts to determine if these were the weaker spawn sometimes commanded by clerics of evil, or the stronger 'true vampires'.

Cyrus112
2007-03-30, 10:35 PM
Cann, as you get closer to one of the "dead" vampires, its eyes shoot open and he rises, grabbing you by the neck. The other vampires also get up and look around the room, grinning maliciously although not attacking.

((Opposed grapple check for Cann))

LightBringer
2007-03-31, 12:16 AM
Walker

As Walker suspected, it was all an act to be brought into the city. Walker draws his longsword, and waits.

Geneticist
2007-03-31, 12:27 AM
Lupo shuts his eyes and strains, visualizing himself as more man than human.
[roll0]for Control Shape

Rejakor
2007-03-31, 06:04 AM
Cann of the Mist

Looking down the length of an arm at the undead that has grasped him, Cann smiles, a kindly smile that encompasses all the compassion in the world. Without changing his expression, his eyes flare with golden light, and the expression on his face, without changing, becomes as terrible as it is beautiful.

Automatic Touch Attack Success.
Lay on Hands for 30 points of positive energy damage.

Cyrus112
2007-03-31, 10:17 AM
((Not opposing the grapple, Cann? You are good to go for human shape, Lupo))

Rejakor
2007-03-31, 10:58 AM
((No, i'm just looking down at the creature and roasting it in it's own undead juices ala Muffy the Vampire Baker. Rules explainadge in spoiler))

Basically.

If you are in a grapple, you automatically succeed on any touch attacks you need to make. I am using lay on hands (the paladin ability) to channel positive energy via a touch attack to harm undead. Since this undead has kindly provided me with an automatic touch attack success, I see no need to struggle against it. Basically, if it survives the 30 points of damage that go right past any energy resistances or damage reduction, it automatically pins me.
This is from wizards, and is what I am basing this 'goes right past DR' thing from "Deal Non-Weapon Damage: Damage reduction protects the creature from weapons damage and natural attacks, not from spells or energy damage." Link. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lggt/20040511a)

Oh, in case you didn't see it, there's another 'spoiler' thing in my last post.

In non-rules-terms, it grabs me, I look at like I do up in my post, and providing the damage kills it, it screams and burns with holy fire and turns into dust. Without me even moving. It literally touches me and dies for it.

Cyrus112
2007-03-31, 12:33 PM
((The vampire hisses loudly and whimpers but backs off, looking at his blistering hands. He then slouches, holding his chest.

"You would all do best to leave us to our plans, you cursed meatbags," he says with a pained voice. Then all of the vampires turn into wolves and lope out of the house, heading north at incredible speed.

LightBringer
2007-03-31, 01:14 PM
Walker

Walker just smiles to himself, and allows the pathetic things to leave.

Rejakor
2007-03-31, 11:15 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann laughs at the vampire's foolish threats. He feels alive, his blood fired, ready for anything. It looks like things have gotten interesting.

Geneticist
2007-04-02, 03:39 AM
Lupo walks into the building, pointing after the escaping vampires. "shouldn't someone go after them?" he asks "they'll probably head straight for the other members of their group. No better way to hunt down the hostages than that. If some others want to go, I'm a hunter, I should be able to follow them."

LightBringer
2007-04-02, 08:13 AM
Walker

Sliding his sword back into it's place Walker contemplates answering and decides not to.

Cyrus112
2007-04-02, 08:35 AM
The elderly man clears his throat.

"Actually, I've sent an unseen servant out to locate where they are hiding out. I expect it back soon. In the mean time, does anyone have any questions? About what needs to be done or the...erm...rewards afterwards? We're willing to pay for services rendered."

Rejakor
2007-04-02, 09:35 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann walks up to the man who proclaimed himself a hunter. "I have already said that I would find those taken. I would be honoured if you would assist me." Looking back at the elderly man, Cann draws a deep breath and looks him right in the eyes. "I will accept no payment for doing what must be done. But you speak of an unseen servant. Are you a mage? Do you have anything that could aid us against these undead?"

Cyrus112
2007-04-02, 09:56 AM
The man smiles.

"I am indeed a mage. I set up residence here many years ago looking for some peace and quiet, while bringing knowledge to those less learned than I. As far as help against the undead, there's not a whole lot I can do to aid you. My powers tend toward Divination and a little Evocation. I must stay here in case of another attack."

LightBringer
2007-04-02, 10:58 AM
Walker

Walker simply listens to the conversation, as he returns to he spot on the wall.

Rejakor
2007-04-02, 09:49 PM
Cann of the Mist

"You speak of Divination? Then perhaps you can tell us the numbers and composition of the forces ranged against us?" Cann waits for an answer for a few seconds, but then suddenly turns and looks out the inn door at the townsfolk. "Even if you are a mage, you should not try and protect the town alone. Arm the townsfolk, and place a watch upon the rooftops at the edge of town. Have you alerted the Solarion High Command?" The mage looks a bit non-plussed at the authoritative tone of Cann, and takes a second or two to answer.

Cyrus112
2007-04-03, 12:35 AM
((Rejakor, don't worry about how others may respond to your tone or actions, just focus on yourself, hehe))

The mage clears his throat.

"We haven't had the proper time to alert Solarion, although it is doubtful whether they would get here in time to do any good, which is why we are calling for help."

The mage closes his eyes and turns to his right and nods. There is a feeling that there is a presence there, although nothing can be seen.

"The girls have been taken to a run-down manor about a half-days ride North of here."

The fat innkeeper speaks up.

"That is my family's manor. It passed to me when my father died, but it hasn't been used in many, many years. Why would they take my daughters there?"

chiefwaha
2007-04-03, 09:47 AM
OOC: Well Waha would have spent a turning on them.

Waha starts at the motion of the dead beings and stares after they've gone. "I don't speak for Solarion, but I am more than willing to assist. I go after them."

Cyrus112
2007-04-04, 09:20 AM
((So we have two people going so far. How bout the rest of ya?))

LightBringer
2007-04-04, 10:31 AM
(You know Walker is going whether he says so or not, but...)

Walker quietly says, "Whenever you abandon a building it will more than likely become a nest for something. I will aid these two in their quest to save your daughters. Is there any secrets we should know of before going into the manor? You know, traps, secret rooms, and such?"

Cyrus112
2007-04-04, 11:51 AM
The innkeeper furrows his brow as he thinks.

"I used to sneak in there with friends as a child. We never stayed around long because we were so spooked. We tried to see who could stay in the longest before getting scared. I don't recall anything secretive when I went in, no."

Rejakor
2007-04-04, 05:12 PM
(Ok, the forum has eaten my post twice now. Am getting slightly pissed.)

Cann of the Mist

"Spooked? Did the manor have a reputation for being haunted? More often than not, in our dark times, such a reputation is well-earned." Cann gets a thoughtful look in his eyes. "How did the manor fall into ruin? The way those vampires acted makes me think they have a master, and it is my guess that it lurks in the manor." Suddenly, Cann grins. It is not a pleasant grin, despite his obvious light humour. "I came here to deliver a message. If I didn't know my own destiny so well, i'd find it astonishing that I could come across this. "To bring light to a dark world" indeed, father. Damn you." A ghost of some power flashes across Cann's face, something cruel and beautiful in the same moment. Turning to face the man in the green cloak waiting quietly in the corner, Cann smiles.

"You've been very quiet. Will you join us on our, dare I say it, quest?" The hint of wry mockery in Cann's eyes is completely at odds with his expression, yet undeniably there.

LightBringer
2007-04-04, 10:22 PM
Walker

The cloak hood still low on his face the figure responds, "As I said, I will help you save the girls. You are correct in the statement that there is a master. That many Vampires rarely work together. They will be traveling fast though and they now know of our numbers. If allowed time they will be able to prepare for our coming." The cloaked strangers voice is calm and steady.

chiefwaha
2007-04-05, 08:13 AM
Waha

"Then let us proceed now, rather than give them more time to prepare."

Rejakor
2007-04-06, 08:41 AM
Cann of the Mist

"Well then, anyone who wants to join us, come with me." Cann strides out of the inn, filling his lungs with the fresh night air after the corpse smell pervading the interior of the inn. "Good townsfolk! We are leaving now to chase down those who did this. Stay in your homes and follow the directions of the mage." Walking through the crowd, Cann reaches Cloudfoot, who leans down and gives him a knowing look. "Oh, quiet, you" says Cann affectionately. "I'll fill you in as we ride. Hopefully this won't be like last time."

Geneticist
2007-04-06, 10:38 AM
"I'll be there, waiting for you all", Lupo says, and runs into the night. Once around a corner and reasonably sure that no one's looking at him, he'll shift back into wolf form, then take off at a hustle for the manor.

LightBringer
2007-04-06, 10:49 AM
Walker

"Oh this could be fun!" Walker follows his unknown companion for a second, My friend are you looking for a race? I would be happy to accept.

Alicorn
2007-04-06, 03:01 PM
((The subscription was apparently fudged. Persis has been there all along... uh... under a table.))

Persis

The halfling watches the goings-on, rather wide-eyed. When it's mentioned that they will pay for services rendered, she waits for a break in the conversation and asks, "How much per person for their safe return? I'll help."

Cyrus112
2007-04-06, 11:58 PM
The mage turns to the halfling.

"The group will be given 1,500 gold. You can split it up amongst yourselves however you wish."

Rejakor
2007-04-07, 02:48 AM
Cann of the Mist

Riding through the ruins of the town, Cann spots the man who claimed to be a hunter stepping around a corner with purpose. Peering at the man, he continues riding through the ruins, and reins up at the edge of town, waiting for anyone who has taken him up on his offer.

Spot Check to Notice Lupo Shifting to Wolf Form.

[roll0]

Alicorn
2007-04-07, 06:55 AM
Persis

"Well, split up however many ways with people who've never met before that's not going to be very much at all," Persis pouts. "Oh well, nothing else to do at the moment." She shrugs, leaves the building, unties Dorje, and follows everybody else at a brisk pace.

Cyrus112
2007-04-09, 01:39 PM
((So, we all followin the group now or what?))

LightBringer
2007-04-09, 01:41 PM
Walker

(Well since my question hasn't been answered, I'll take it that I just missed him, soooo.....)

Walker returns to the front of the building and starts to walk out, as the halfling begins to ride out, "Oh, my apologizes, I am Walker, I suppose one of your new companions". (Walker offers a hand in greeting. It to is covered. Instead of a cloak hood it is covered with green and brown gloves.)

Rejakor
2007-04-10, 02:51 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann waits patiently on the edge of town, for any who have taken up his offer.

chiefwaha
2007-04-10, 02:59 PM
OOC: Alright, seems everyone is on different pages. Can we all assume we meet somewhere out of town?

LightBringer
2007-04-10, 03:20 PM
Walker is walking with Persis. I'm not sure how fast her mount goes, but we should be there shortly.

OOC: I think we should start a once a day posting rule. Anyone second that?

Alicorn
2007-04-10, 03:39 PM
((Oh, wait, he was talking to me? Totally went over my head, that. I don't like "posting rules". Gentle pokes to people who are lagging are fine.))

Persis

"Persis Datra," says the halfling from atop her pony, shaking the extended hand energetically. "Why are you called Walker? It seems like an odd thing for your parents to have called you, since no one starts walking immediately after having been born, which is when names are typically distributed. Did you make it up yourself?"

LightBringer
2007-04-10, 03:52 PM
Walker

Walker's head rises enough for Persis to see a slight smirk/smile at her line of questioning. "It's the common translation of part of my name. I find it easier and quicker to use it than to supply my real name, and then wait for someone to figure out what they want to call me. It is a pleasure to make your aquantince." Walker keeps pace with the pony.

(I kind of like the at least one a day rule, because it allows the GM to know you are watching the thread but have no action to take.)

chiefwaha
2007-04-10, 03:57 PM
Waha waits patiently for the group to assemble...

LightBringer
2007-04-10, 04:12 PM
Lets just say we are assembled!

Rejakor
2007-04-11, 02:48 AM
(OOC: Sorry to mc-yoink your characters, but this is getting silly. For future reference, I have no trouble with people using me in their narratives, i.e. you can write that you come upon me at the edge of town, etc.)

Cann of the Mist

Sitting on the edge of town, amidst the smoke from still-burning wreckage, with dark clouds scudding across the sky of endless night, Cann waited, unnaturally still. Cloudfoot waited too, seeming a ghost in the moonlight. A priest wearing heavy armour and the symbol of Pelor, the wandering god, comes riding up through the burnt and destroyed ruins. Cann smiles at him and nods. He thought that the priest might come with him - he had the feel of someone who hadn't felt the darkness that lurked in the corners of the world yet.

A few minutes later, a halfling on a pony and the man in the cloak came around the corner, conversing easily. Cann frowned. He hadn't seen the halfling in the Inn. Focusing his perceptions on her, he let himself feel the paths of life, seeing them merge into one great road upon which all travelled from life to death, and then, shuddering slightly, drew back from that great path. He had his answer. The halfling was not an agent of evil. He thought about the road, again, wistfully. Every time he sent himself there it pulled a little harder, and eventually he would drift all the way down it to see what was at the end.

But that day was not today. "Hail and well met, good fellows." Cann winks at the halfling and turns Cloudfoot, slowly starting off on the road to the Manor.

Detect Evil on the Halfling and Walker.
If either of you are evil, please PM me and i'll alter my post accordingly.
best wishes and holiday cheer!

Alicorn
2007-04-11, 04:41 AM
Persis

"Hail and whatnot to you too," says the halfling. "I'm Persis and this is my pony Dorje. Oh, and this is Walker, except it's only sort of his real name, but that's what he says to call him. Who are you?"

chiefwaha
2007-04-11, 07:57 AM
"My name is Waha, servant of Pelor," he says, observing the group.

Cyrus112
2007-04-11, 08:30 AM
((Yay for walking and talking. Now converse if you have things to say, dammit, hehe))

LightBringer
2007-04-11, 08:38 AM
Walker

Walker nods to Cann and Waha, "Greetings, as mentioned, I am Walker," The hood of his cloak still shading most of his face, "It looks as if we have quite an, interesting task ahead of us."

Rejakor
2007-04-11, 10:16 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann smiles at the halfling and inclines his head to her gravely. "It is an honour to meet you, Persis, and you, Dorje." He nods his head to the pony and Cloudfoot whuffs. "I am Cann of the Mist, Special Provost of Protector Fenix and the Arcanix. This is Cloudfoot." He gestures at Cloudfoot, who whuffs again. "Walker and I have already... met." Cann doesn't speak again, but appears deep in thought.

LightBringer
2007-04-11, 10:22 AM
Walker

Walker motions down the trail, "Shall we be on our way?"

chiefwaha
2007-04-11, 10:29 AM
OOC: Anyone else find this group oddly similiar to our last one?

"I do not believe we have much time, so yes, let's go."

Cyrus112
2007-04-11, 10:31 AM
((Lol, yes, very much so))

LightBringer
2007-04-11, 10:35 AM
OOC: Yeap, sure does. Did we lose Ninja Penguin aka Rictor Belanus? What about Lupo? If we lost them it is definitely familiar.

Walker

Walker waits for those on mounts to head out. He will jog along side of Persis.

Geneticist
2007-04-11, 10:02 PM
((nope, not lost, just up ahead of y'all.)) :wink:

Rejakor
2007-04-12, 12:45 AM
Cann of the Mist

Riding out ahead of the group, Cann doesn't say anything unless someone talks to him. He seems deep in thought.

Cyrus112
2007-04-12, 10:21 AM
((If not much is going on...))

You all enter some woods as you make your way north. The trees are bare and skinny, as if from a lack of nourishment (hmm, wonder why?). A little while later, you make it through the woods and the path leads up to a very run down looking manor. It would appear that there are two statues flanking either side of the staircase leading up to the front door. The windows are all boarded up, but you all notice that they've been boarded up for such a long time that some of the boards have come loose or just fallen off.

Lupo, during your investigation, you notice that every once in awhile you catch a flicker of movement through one of the windows. Aside from that, you can't make much out. You notice the rest of the group exiting the forest.

chiefwaha
2007-04-12, 10:26 AM
Waha extinguishes his light spell as he enters the forest, no need to broadcast they're coming more than the armor does.

LightBringer
2007-04-12, 10:47 PM
Walker

Walker runs along by Persis through the woods. When the manor comes into view he will stop about 50 yards out, and scan the front of the building, and the woods on this side of it.

Rejakor
2007-04-13, 01:35 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann waits, out the front of the manor, clearly in view, mounted on his white horse Cloudfoot and clearly challenging the inhabitants of the mansion to show themselves.

chiefwaha
2007-04-13, 07:46 AM
Waha groans... He's one of those types... "Hey, get out of sight."

Cyrus112
2007-04-13, 08:24 AM
((I pmed Rictor but havent heard anything back, so I dunno what's going on there. Lupo should be around, I heard from him but *shrug*))

Rejakor
2007-04-13, 08:40 AM
((Lupo just posted up above - Geneticist. Geneticist, if you're doing stuff the party doesn't know about, tell the DM in PM's what you are doing and he can answer you.))

LightBringer
2007-04-13, 09:38 AM
Walker

Walker sees the actions of Cann and simply shakes his head. Walker moves quickly and quietly to the side of the manor looking for a way in. If Cann actulally challenges them up front Walker will try to enter the building quickly to prevent the slaughter of the girls.

For GM
Move to side of building: Silent - roll16 + 26 = 42, Hide 12 + 26 = 38. If Cann engages turn gaseous and slide into the house. Try to stay hidden and look for the girls (Hide 17 + 26 = 43). I won't be back on until tonight so if you make it passed those actions Cyrus you can run Walker as you see fit.

Cyrus112
2007-04-13, 10:01 AM
All seems quiet around the house. You see no signs of movement. While all the windows are boarded up, the front door isn't. It is, however, flanked by two menacing looking statues.

Alicorn
2007-04-13, 11:08 AM
Persis

The halfling squints at the house and obtains a sort of faraway expression.

((Manifesting Clairvoyant Sense for 3 PP, placing the sensor inside the house, a bit away from the door, and looking around. She will keep this up until her four-minute duration is expired, or until something else to let people know what's going on inside happens that will render whatever she sees unuseful. She can see out to the range of her natural darkvision if it's just naturally dark inside, but if it's magically dark she can't see anything.))

Rejakor
2007-04-13, 11:41 PM
Cann of the Mist

Staring at the house, Cann frowns, and concentrates his sense on the two statues flanking the doorway.

Detect Evil - You dropped enough hints about the statues, lol.

Cyrus112
2007-04-14, 01:56 AM
((What exactly does that let you do, Alicorn? Rejakor, make a spot check))

Alicorn
2007-04-14, 05:38 AM
(It lets me see as though I were standing at a fixed point inside the house, through a psionic sensor, able to turn around but not change location.)

Rejakor
2007-04-14, 05:42 AM
Cann of the Mist

[roll0]

Also, what does my detect evil detect (in spoiler up above)

Cyrus112
2007-04-14, 08:59 AM
The statues are glowing a nice, healthy bright red. However, they appear to be nothing more that statues.

Persis, you're standing in a foyer. There's a hallway to your left and to your right, and in front of you, a long, ornate staircase leading to a second floor.

Alicorn
2007-04-14, 09:28 AM
(Does the house look as though it has been recently occupied/inhabited? Dust on surfaces, footprints, level of disrepair, lock on door, doors in the hallways left ajar, any light coming from anywhere?)

Cyrus112
2007-04-14, 10:21 AM
It does indeed look as if people have been living here. Footsteps can be seen in the dust. You see an old lady off to your right mutter as she goes into what appears to be a small closet. A few minutes later, it starts to glow.

Rejakor
2007-04-16, 09:40 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann dismounts, turning to Cloudfoot and stroking her nose a few times, and then turning towards the mansion, taking a few steps forward and stopping, about 10 feet in front of the glowing statues. Behind him Cloudfoot gives him a concerned look, and then fades away, slowly disappearing.

LightBringer
2007-04-16, 09:56 AM
Walker

Waiting to see if Walker made it to the side, and what he sees.

Cyrus112
2007-04-16, 10:12 AM
((The side of the house?))

Walker sees more boarded up windows. Some of the boards have rotted and you see broken windows. No signs of movement, though.

Rejakor
2007-04-16, 10:34 AM
Cann of the Mist

Without taking his eyes from the manor, Cann reaches down, baring a length of his longsword, and then drawing it the rest of the way with a discordant sound, the metal shrieking in light protest. Quickly and with little effort, Cann swings the sword out and around. With his other hand, he reaches behind him and his shield slides down onto his arm, as he works through a series of 1-handed warm up exercises with his sword, he looks back across his shoulder at Persis and the cleric, and asks simply "Are you coming with me?"

Alicorn
2007-04-16, 11:05 AM
Persis

"Be patient," says Persis, still with her faraway look. "I'm looking inside. I might see something useful. Besides what I saw already. An old lady went into a closet and now the closet's glowing. No idea what that's about."

((Anything else going to occur in the power duration?))

Cyrus112
2007-04-16, 12:43 PM
((Not really, no. Another figure, one that looks human, will walk by and head down a corridor to the back of the house. He's wearing the same kind of cloak and insignia that some of the dead bodies in town were. That's about it.))

Alicorn
2007-04-16, 01:07 PM
Persis

"And,", the halfling reports, "there's a guy inside in that same cloak and insignia. But there's still dust on the floor - I can see footprints in it, but they're not so many that there's no dust left - so I don't think there's really a ton of people in there, or at least they haven't been there long or walked around a lot."

LightBringer
2007-04-16, 02:13 PM
Walker

Seeing no movement from the side of the house Walker looks back to the front and sees Cann intends to go through the front. Moving out of sight from the front Walker will turn gaseous, and slide into what appears to be an unoccupied room.

For GM
Attempting to stay hidden once inside. Moving earlier roll for same the forward 17 + 26 = 43

Geneticist
2007-04-16, 05:33 PM
Lupo is going to keep in the forest for the mean time, and circles around the house so that he is down-wind from it. Anyone looking would see a wolf walk out of the tree line a little bit, and then sniff the air deeply.

((anything with my scent ability?))

Geneticist
2007-04-16, 05:34 PM
Lupo is going to keep in the forest for the mean time, and circles around the house so that he is down-wind from it. Anyone looking would see a wolf walk out of the tree line a little bit, and then sniff the air deeply.

Geneticist
2007-04-16, 06:01 PM

Cyrus112
2007-04-16, 11:24 PM
Walker, you seem to be in a smallish guest room. A heavy oak table is in the middle, surrounded by broken or decrepit chairs. This room is covered in dust and looks to be completely unused.

Lupo, you don't smell much outside of trees and an old house.

Rejakor
2007-04-16, 11:28 PM
(OOC: Whoa, triple post)

Cann of the Mist

Cann turns to the halfling, slinging his longsword onto his shoulder, and letting his shield drop down so it rests on the ground. "Got anything else to tell me, before I go inside?" He smiles oddly, his mouth quirking up at the end almost of it's own volition. He turns his attention to the priest. "You, Waha was it? Come, you must join me - I'm sure you would please your god by destroying these 'creatures of darkness'" His mouth quirks even more as he says that, his odd smile again completely at odds with his tone.

He turns toward the manor, and laughs, long and loud. He drops into a fighting crouch, shield instantly ready and longsword held loosely at an angle out from his side. Looking at the back of his shield, he begins to read the words on the scroll held there. The scroll falls into dust, and his shield begins to glow, faintly at first, and then brighter, even brighter, making the dark-adapted eyes of all present water in pain. Only Cann seems unaffected, laughing again as the spell catches hold, and gripping his shield even tighter as he runs forward up the steps towards the manor's front door. As he clears the top step he leaps, raising his sword at the top of his leap and bringing it down upon the joining of the two doors in a great splinter of wood and metal. Wrenching his sword clear of the splintered mess, he half-turns and plants his foot solidly on the point he has already struck with his sword.

First: Cann has AC 26 against attacks of opportunity, and his current dodge target is the statue on the left.
Spell Cast is Daylight. CL 10th.

Second: Attack Check on Door and Damage
[roll0]
[roll1] (Adamantine weapon ignores hardness)
EDIT: (I should have mentioned earlier, but the sword blow is a called shot on the area of the door that would house bars or bolts, or other locking devices. By swinging his sword where the doors join together, Cann is attempting to sever any such locking system)

Third: Strength Check to Break open Door
[roll2]

chiefwaha
2007-04-17, 08:06 AM
Waha sighs, "My god would rather see the girls rescued first." And charging in is a sure way to get them killed before we even see them.

Waha follows behind the paladin more slowly, mace and shield at the ready.

LightBringer
2007-04-17, 08:16 AM
Walker

Slide along, remaining out of sight, and listening/looking for any signs of guards or girls.

Geneticist
2007-04-17, 07:43 PM
((out of curiosity, it wasn't clear to me, but how many horses are outside not counting our paladin's mount?))

LightBringer
2007-04-17, 09:15 PM
(There is one horse, one pony, and the paladin's mount disappeared.)

Cyrus112
2007-04-19, 10:05 AM
((Gonna put the breaks on Cann there for a second. Remember the statues that were glowing a nice, healthy red? Also, in this game, I'll be employing the knockback mechanic, as I think it's kinda cool.))

As Cann comes within range, both statues take a swipe at him.

Statue 1 Attack - (6 + 5 = 11)
Statue 1 Damage - (3 + 2 = 5)

Statue 2 Attack (17 + 6 = 23)
Statue 2 Damage (2 + 2 = 4)

Cann, you notice that the statues resemble grotesque, winged humanoids with horned heads and stony hides.

((What's your AC, Cann?))

((Sorry for not posting sooner. Over the past two days, I haven't been able to get onto GitP for some reason))

Rejakor
2007-04-19, 11:17 AM
((OOC: My AC was in the spoiler - currently, with my shield drawn and since these were AoO's, my AC is 26, 27 for the one on the left(Dodge). Also, did you mean nice healthy red as in glowing, or are you using the colour mechanic to represent evil in my detect evil (cause I thought I detected no evil)))

Cann of the Mist

Narrowly avoiding the swings of the stony beasts, Cann ducks and rolls, coming to his feet next to the 'statue' on the left. Swinging his longsword in a short, vicious arc, it slams into the neck of the 'statue' chipping ships of stone out of it's thick and vicious neck.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] - oops forgot that's my gauntlet ignore this bit.
So, hits on a 26, damage = 7 points.
Not a magic weapon, my longsword.

Cyrus112
2007-04-19, 02:18 PM
((Ooh, I should have specified that. Apologies. We can back the action up if you'd like. When I say it looks red, that means it's evil.))

Rejakor
2007-04-19, 11:31 PM
((No worries. We'll just say that these gargoyles had a continuous non-detection effect on them - my detect evil bounced off *pa-tooong*))

LightBringer
2007-04-20, 08:28 AM
:smallconfused: Why not just say that you detected the statues as evil, and they managed to keep you from moving past them, as was your intent, and forced a melee with you?

After all you knew what their nature was, otherwise you wouldn't be dodging the one on the left. :smallsmile:

Just a thought, and I was bored. :smallcool:

Rejakor
2007-04-20, 09:21 AM
If i'd known their nature, I would have stepped up, and slapped one in the face with my gauntlet. I didn't detect them as evil (as far as I knew) I thought they were glowing red, like, everyone saw them, glowing red. As in a red 'light' spell or something. So, I was cautious. My out-of-game guess was animated statues, but I couldn't act on that in-game with no suspicions. I'd prefer it if history isn't altered so Cann looks like a retard :D

EDIT: oh, and waha? I do have reasoning for charging in. In-game, I mean. And yes, it's a goddamn secret. So shh.

LightBringer
2007-04-20, 10:13 AM
(Lol, that would have been funny. POW right in the kisser.)

Cyrus112
2007-04-20, 10:47 AM
So everyone sees Cann charge the front door only to get swung at by two seemingly immobile statues.

Cann, your longsword strikes the statue but doesn't do any damage as far as you can tell.

((Initiatives for everyone, hooray))

chiefwaha
2007-04-20, 11:04 AM
Waha shakes his head. He casts spiritual weapon and a mace of light pops into existance.

Iniative (1d20+1=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=989044)

Spiritual weapon attack and damage (1d20+9=14, 1d8+2=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=989056)

LightBringer
2007-04-20, 11:15 AM
Walker

Init 13 (roll) + 9 = 22

Walker will reform in the room, and then begin listening for the girls, guards, and anyone else.

If he hears any noise from outside, he will draw his longsword, and wait to see what the people inside the house do.

Alicorn
2007-04-20, 12:45 PM
Persis

Initiative: 10+4=14

Persis takes a moment to set the statues as her Dodge targets (making her AC against the one on the left 26, and 25 against the one on the right). She spends a standard action to manifest an augmented Defensive Precognition (making her AC 28 and 27 respectively, and granting +2 on any saving throws she makes) and a move action to move to a position 5 feet away from the statues, so she can make a five foot step up and attack on her next turn.

Rejakor
2007-04-20, 10:08 PM
Cann of the Mist

Snarling at the creatures, Cann lands from his first, wild strike, and turns, regarding the beast that is grinning it's horrific grin at him. Cann smiles at the beast, the faraway look returned to his eyes. His longsword falls out of his hand, forgotten, and his shield slides off his left arm, hitting the ground with a dull clank. With a roar of pain and anger, Cann leaps from the stone step, grabbing the creature by it's head, planting his knee in it's chest and bearing it to the ground.

Okay, drop my weapons as a free action, then grapple the beastie!

[roll1]
[roll=Damage]1d3+2d6+4 (Using the Holy Gauntlet damage)
I have improved grapple so no AoO.

EDIT: DAMNATION! Will roll damage in the OOC thread.

Cyrus112
2007-04-20, 10:36 PM
((Ugh, why does the Wizards dice roller hate me? It likes PC's a lot apparently, hehe))

Walker, make a listen check.

Waha, how close to Cann and the statues were you? Cuz you'll need to account for distance traveled and stuff. You already cast a spell so you have a move action at the present time.

Alicorn, your turn goes off fine.

We needs an init roll from Cann yet and Lupo. What is Lupo doing right now?

Rejakor
2007-04-21, 12:07 AM
((Oh right. One Init Roll coming up.))

[roll0]

((woot!))

Geneticist
2007-04-21, 01:37 AM
Lupo is going to try to shift to hybrid form.
Control Shape Check [roll0]

Cyrus112
2007-04-21, 09:37 AM
Hybrid form successful.

((WTH, the dice roller hates me))

Cann, you have one of the "statues" successfully grappled.

Still need an initiative roll from Lupo.

Geneticist
2007-04-22, 02:39 AM
((sorry))
Initiative [roll0]
Lupo howls loudly and races towards the statue not being wrestled by the paladin.

Cyrus112
2007-04-22, 05:56 AM
((Inits:

Walker - 22
Cann - 22 (Although I imagine Walker has a higher Dex, heh)
Waha - 21
Persis - 14
"Statues" - 7
Lupo - 6))

((Statues havent made actions this round. Nother grapple check for Cann))

Statue 1 Grapple (15 + 6 = 21)

Statue 1 was seemingly unaffected by your sword, Cann, but the gauntlet seemed to do some damage. Statue 2 will turn its head towards Persis, narrow its eyes, advance and attack.

Statue 2 attack (5 + 6 = 11)((Why, dice roller, why do you hate me?))
Statue 2 damage (4 + 2 = 6)

((Top of the init after Cann makes his opposed grapple. Still waitin on that listen check from Walker, heh))

Alicorn
2007-04-22, 06:56 AM
((The dice roller doesn't hate you. It just noticed that the statues can't hit Persis with those bonuses (except on an autosuccess, if you use those) so it didn't waste a good roll on it :P))

Persis

The halfling dances out of the statue's clumsy way and takes a stab at stabbing it with her rapier.

Attack: 16+12=28
Crit confirm: 9+12=21
Damage: 3+4=7 (no crit), 3+4+2+4=13 (crit)

((Edit: Yes, it's a +1 keen rapier.))

Rejakor
2007-04-22, 07:24 AM
((Damn those Keen Rapiers, damn them to hell. Also, you should probably add that the weapon you are using is magic (or nonmagic if you have improved critical - heh.) since if I remember correctly, gargoyles have DR.))

Cann of the Mist

With a bestial roar still emerging from his lips, Cann and the beast roll down the stairs, hitting the ground with a thump. Cann emerges on top, sitting on the beast's chest, and drawing back his fist to strike.

[roll0] (on gargoyle's turn)
[roll1] (on my turn to strike with an unarmed attack.)
If I beat his opposed grapple on both:
[roll2]
[roll3]

EDIT: woot!

Cyrus112
2007-04-22, 01:37 PM
((Oh, DAMMIT, the Wizards Dice Roller loves PC's. Hehe. Yes, I'm a DM that likes to hurt his players, what? :-P. Also, yes, gargoyles have DR. Persis, that a magical type keen or improved crit?))

Cann succeeds in grappling the beast. It's looking just a wee bit battered at this point.

Persis' damage will vary depending on the weapon she is using.

Alicorn
2007-04-22, 01:44 PM
(Magic keen. Not Improved Crit.)

Cyrus112
2007-04-22, 02:18 PM
So, Persis' sword cuts into the stone beast. It yelps a bit.

((Waitin on Waha and Walker at the present time. LightBringer can be so very tardy, hehe))

LightBringer
2007-04-23, 08:28 AM
(Lol, yes I can. Some weekends are rather busy for me, and this was one of them.)

Listen check (10(roll) + 23 = 33)

Listening for movement, talking, anything that would indicate a direction the girls are in.

Cyrus112
2007-04-23, 08:38 AM
You don't hear anything like that, but you hear floorboards creak, and peeking out the door, you can see an old lady watching something from the window with a slightly concerned look on her face. You also faintly hear the sounds of fighting coming from outside.

LightBringer
2007-04-23, 08:54 AM
Walker will try to move around her and see what she is looking at.

Move quietly (12 + 26 = 38)

Cyrus112
2007-04-23, 09:57 AM
Outside you see Cann wrestling with a stone like creature and Persis engaging another one. Lupo is nowhere in sight, and Waha is slowly advancing (I'm assuming) on the creatures.

LightBringer
2007-04-23, 10:08 AM
To myself, "Hmmm, so the statues were enchanted. Interesting."

So what does this old woman look like? Does she have a scent? A heartbeat? (I don't know what you'll needed so here's some general rolls)

Spot - 15 + 23
?Smell - 13 + ?
Listen - 14 + 23
Extra Rolls - 14, 11, and 13

Cyrus112
2007-04-23, 01:27 PM
The old lady smells of the sea. And not the clean, salt air. More like decay, rotting. While you can't make out a heartbeat, you can hear her breathing a bit quickly.

"Useless guardians," she mutters. "I shouldn't have to worry about these blasted trespassers."

LightBringer
2007-04-23, 01:50 PM
Walker

"I'm afraid you're the one trespassing ma'am!" (Yes I'm hoping to scare her)

chiefwaha
2007-04-23, 05:13 PM
Waha follows behind the paladin more slowly, mace and shield at the ready.

OOC: I was following behind the paladin, about 30 feet or so, close enough to run up and heal if necessary. I'm not sure what you're asking.

Cyrus112
2007-04-23, 09:15 PM
((Sorry, for your turn this round are you attacking or just holding action?))

Rejakor
2007-04-23, 11:34 PM
((Right, i'm going to be offline for a bit (say, a day) so i'll post next round's actions now. Ok?))

Cann of the Mist

Cann has gone ominously quiet, fighting in savage silence, his face a rictus of hatred and anger, fist pounding repeatedly into the creature's head, ignoring it's cries of pain or attempts to stop him. His eyes shine with savage light, and his shield on the ground, still glowing, gives the battlefield an eerie cast.

Rolls
=Grapple Check]1d20+13 (On gargoyle's turn)
=Grapple Check]1d20+13 (On my turn)

bugger me to death with a fork. Okay, rolls to follow.

If I succeed:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rejakor
2007-04-23, 11:35 PM
[roll0] (On gargoyle's turn)
[roll1] (On my turn)

I swear to god this roller goes in patterns.

chiefwaha
2007-04-24, 08:13 AM
OOC: Waha cast a spell this turn. He's holding back otherwise.

Cyrus112
2007-04-24, 09:04 AM
((Erm, you cast a spell last turn, but we're in the second round of initiative, unless I completely missed the post where you cast a spell this turn, which for me isn't entirely out of the question, lol))

The gargoyle that Persis is fighting takes two more swipes at her, and misses both times.

((Watcha doin Lupo? You just reach the second statue so you can get an attack off this round))

Alicorn
2007-04-24, 09:21 AM
Persis

The diminuitive swashbuckler stabs at the statue again.

Attack: 12+12=24
Damage: 2+4=6

chiefwaha
2007-04-24, 09:34 AM
OOC: 2nd round? Huh. Okay. Since I have obviously no idea what's going on.

If one of the party looks fairly hurt he'll go pop off a cure spell. Otherwise he'll move to attack.

Spiritual Weapon; Damage (1d20+9=16, 1d8+2=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=997513)

Heavy Mace +1; Damage (1d20+7=16, 1d8+3=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=997516)

Cyrus112
2007-04-24, 10:45 AM
Waha and Persis both drop the one statue. Cann is currently wrestling for control of the grapple with the other gargoyle again, the gargoyle having found its footing.

((Finally rolled well, lol))

Everyone outside hears a startled screech come from inside the house.

Walker, you are the one that made the old lady screech. She screeches loudly and turns around, pressing herself against the wall.

"W..who are you? What do you want?"

LightBringer
2007-04-24, 02:02 PM
Walker :smallsmile:

"I want the girls that have been brought here. Believe me when I say, you lie, you die. Where are the two human girls?"

Cyrus112
2007-04-24, 05:45 PM
The old woman squints at you, suspicious.

"You aren't part of our group."

You notice at this point the same insignia on her robe that the others have been wearing.

She hisses and lunges at you.

((Attack rolls will be forthcoming. Not in a place where I have resources needed))

Geneticist
2007-04-24, 06:12 PM
Lupo howls eerily and rips into the statue, hairy gray limbs straining to knock chunks of the stone off of the statue. Long teeth bite down hard into the statue's neck.
Attack Roll: Bite:[roll0] Attack Roll: Claw 1:[roll1] Attack roll: Claw 2:[roll2]
If I hit, Bite damage [roll3], and the two claw attacks [roll4], [roll5]

Geneticist
2007-04-24, 06:20 PM
Okay, crit on the bite, to confirm [roll0]

Geneticist
2007-04-24, 06:22 PM
Sorry for the three posts in a row. (I also hate the dice roller)
damage for the (potential) critical
[roll0]

Cyrus112
2007-04-25, 12:11 AM
((Are your attacks (fangs/claws) considered magical, Lupo?))

Geneticist
2007-04-25, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Still gonna try.

Cyrus112
2007-04-26, 08:45 AM
Your aim is true on all accounts, Lupo, but you can't seem to penetrate it's stone hide.

((Back to the top of the init))

Rejakor
2007-04-26, 09:41 AM
((OOC: Okay, because this is confusing, Cyrus when you post can you post the initiative order and whose turn it is currently, (ignoring people's posts who are yet to go in initiative order), etc? I know it's a lot of extra work, but it clarifies for everyone the current situation, whose turn it is, which turn it is, etc.))

Cann of the Mist

Cann grabs the statue with one hand, lobstered gauntlet closing on it's throat as his other hand strives to push it's long stone claws away from his face, grunting with effort.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Cyrus112
2007-04-26, 12:52 PM
((Good point, Cann, and well made))

((Inits:

Walker - 22
Cann - 22 (Although I imagine Walker has a higher Dex, heh)
Waha - 21
Persis - 14
"Statues" - 7
Lupo - 6))

((So right now, it's Walker, although he's somewhat removed from the battle and a bit of an erratic poster :-P))

LightBringer
2007-04-26, 01:24 PM
(What, me erratic!! I'm always hanging around...except on weekends. I'll try to check this weekend though since everyone seemed to last weekend, but me.)

(Oh, I'm waiting to see if you old lady hits me.)

Cyrus112
2007-04-26, 09:07 PM
((She's a little so surprised and is waiting for you to answer her))

LightBringer
2007-04-26, 10:18 PM
:smallconfused: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM #150 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2469921&postcount=150) Cyrus112 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=6347) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2469921", true);
Bugbear in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Alerian Chronicles: Illumination (Trying this again)
The old woman squints at you, suspicious.

"You aren't part of our group."

You notice at this point the same insignia on her robe that the others have been wearing.

She hisses and lunges at you.

((Attack rolls will be forthcoming. Not in a place where I have resources needed))

:smallconfused:

Okay I'll roll with that.

"No I'm not, and the only way out of this is to give up the girls now. Otherwise you will die."

Cyrus112
2007-04-27, 08:38 AM
((Oh SNAP, I had a brainfart, lol. Completely forgot about that. Apologies sir. Here we go.)

She snarls slightly, and her face seems to...waver. Where once there was a seemingly kindly old woman, there is now an old female with sickly, yellow flesh covered in warts and oozing sores.

((Fort save please))

She swipes at you with her claws.

((I'm assuming a 12 and 16 don't hit, so I won't bother with damage, heh))

LightBringer
2007-04-27, 08:54 AM
Walker

(No they don't AC: 25)

After she jumps, and misses I calmly draw my longsword from it's home, and with an evil grin, "Tell me where the girls are and leave here, or I will slice you limb from limb, and take the girls anyway!" My tone is as calm as my actions, hopefully conveying the seriousness which I intended.

Cyrus112
2007-04-27, 02:17 PM
((Erm, you need a Fort save first))

chiefwaha
2007-04-27, 03:10 PM
OOC: As Ketharo is undead, does he really?

LightBringer
2007-04-27, 03:29 PM
OOC: Hmmmm, good question. Do I?

PS OOC: Just in case I do I'll save the time of extra post, and I have my d20 handy just now. (roll 16 +9 = 25)

Rejakor
2007-04-27, 06:12 PM
((OOC:Vampires have emotions, just nowhere near the intensity of their human counterparts))

Cyrus112
2007-04-28, 03:40 PM
((Good call. I somehow missed that. This is for that horrible visage special ability sea hags have. Just looking at a sea hag is enough to incapacitate somebody, although I'm not sure if that applies to vampires or not. Anyone have any idea?))

Rejakor
2007-04-28, 10:03 PM
((It's a supernatural effect (su) not a mind-affecting effect, so it affects (affecting effects affecters effects affecting effects :P) walker. But since he passed the DC, no worries either way. And i'm not getting how he could be a vampire with a +9 fort save... vampire = LA+7 template...mnah. EDIT: plus, he has no con score, so he must either have some serious magical crap, or he's like a ninth level fighter O.O EDIT EDIT: Sorry, I can't help metagaming - I know the system too well. But I won't let it affect (heh) my IC stuff.))

chiefwaha
2007-04-29, 12:49 AM
OOC:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#undeadType

Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatStatistics.htm#fortitude) (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

In this case, while Ketharo might be horrified of the appearance, he wouldn't physically be weakened by it, mostly because he has no physiology to actually weaken.

Rejakor
2007-04-29, 01:11 AM
OOC: Oh, interesting. I didn't know that 'immunity to fortitude saves' thing. I thought it was just mind-affecting effects. Thanks for educating me Waha.

Cyrus112
2007-04-29, 10:09 AM
((I always forget about that immunity to fort things, even though I've played vampires myself on numerous occasions. So Walker, you are just very disgusted by this ladys' appearance.))

The hag hisses again, "If I can't kill you they will." She shows no signs of fleeing.

((Cann is up. Continue with your beating of the statue, hehe))

Rejakor
2007-04-29, 10:15 AM
Cann

Roaring his anger Cann slams his fist repeatedly into the things face, as it ineffectually tries to push him off, mewling in pain as his gauntlet flares on each impact.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ok, considering the forum roller has rolled nothing but 1's for me for the last 3 days, i'll be using invisiblecastle from now on.

LightBringer
2007-04-29, 06:11 PM
OOC: Since I spent the round talking and preparing, would it be possible to reset my init?

Cyrus112
2007-04-30, 09:13 AM
((If you'd like to, Walker, sure.))

Cann, one more good punch sends your fist through the things face. It quivers a bit, its legs twitching. It is dead.

Cyrus112
2007-05-01, 09:28 PM
((Waha is up in the init now that the statue Cann was pummeling is dead. Actually both statues are dead. Spot checks for everyone outside.))

LightBringer
2007-05-01, 10:01 PM
(This tends to be the problem with actually posting in init order. I've noticed it in several games.)

Rejakor
2007-05-01, 10:18 PM
((It's best for everyone to post, then Cyrus recaps and NPC reactions/turns (easiest for all NPC's to just go at end/start of turn.) after everyone has posted.))

Spot (1d20+11=30) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1015612)

chiefwaha
2007-05-02, 08:00 AM
Spot check (1d20+9=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1016413)

Waha looks around quickly, looking for any injuries.

Alicorn
2007-05-02, 08:02 AM
Persis

Spot: 6+... I'm not gonna even do the math, I have a penalty to Spot.

LightBringer
2007-05-02, 08:58 AM
Walker is not outside, but his new init is 29.

Cyrus112
2007-05-02, 09:24 AM
Waha, no one looks injured, but you do see two figures inside one of the windows. It looks like they're fighting.

LightBringer
2007-05-02, 10:08 AM
Walker

As promised Walker closes the 5 foot step and takes a shot at her right arm just under her shoulder.

Hit: roll 14 + 15 = 29 ; Dam: roll 5 + 10 = 15

Cyrus112
2007-05-02, 09:31 PM
((What are the rest of you doing? I'll post this round once everyone has posted actions. I have actions thus far from Cann and Walker))

Alicorn
2007-05-03, 07:17 AM
Persis

The halfling, completely oblivious to the goings-on until someone shoots an arrow through the window, startles. "Well, I suppose if she wasn't hostile before she is now," Persis mutters, and tries the door to the house, now presumably accessible with the guardians dispatched.

LightBringer
2007-05-03, 08:17 AM
(Who shoot an arrow??)

Alicorn
2007-05-03, 09:28 AM
((Whoa, sorry, apparently I'm delusional.))

Persis

has no idea what's going on and does nothing whatsoever.

Cyrus112
2007-05-05, 01:39 PM
((Watching the tussel for now?))

chiefwaha
2007-05-07, 08:50 AM
Waha moves into the manor.

LightBringer
2007-05-07, 08:51 AM
(Sorry I was unable to sign on to giant since Friday. I'm not sure if it was my isp or giant itself. )

Walker's attack is above. Just a reminder, I know you are waiting on intentions.

Rejakor
2007-05-07, 08:58 AM
Cann of the Mist

Rising from the shattered corpse of the gargoyle, Cann retrieves his shield and sword before walking into the manor, breaking the door down if he needs to.

Cyrus112
2007-05-08, 10:07 AM
The door is unlocked, and as you all step into the manor, you see Walker drop a hideous looking woman, who spins around as she dies.

((Fort saves for everyone else))

Rejakor
2007-05-08, 10:26 AM
Cann of the Mist

Recognizing evil's foul stench, Cann lifts his shield up to let the light scour away her evil.

Fort Save (1d20+7=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1029936)

chiefwaha
2007-05-08, 03:05 PM
Fort save (1d20+7=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1030467)

Alicorn
2007-05-08, 03:32 PM
Persis

6+8=14

((What's the DC? I'm gonna assume I fail, but maybe she's having an off day.))

Geneticist
2007-05-08, 08:12 PM
Lupo's nostrils flare. [roll0]

Cyrus112
2007-05-10, 08:40 AM
((Gah, that's weird. The normal way to post disappeared so I got a little worried. And GitP has been giving me problems for like a week now.))

While you all make the save, you feel bile rise in your throats at the sight of the old lady's truly horrific visage.

The old lady spins and falls to the floor, dead, blood pooling beneath her. The manor around you is musty, and no sounds can be heard at the moment. In the area right where you entered, there are two hallways, a door at either end of the hallway, and a staircase leading up to a second floor.

Rejakor
2007-05-10, 08:48 AM
((OOC: Alicorn, I see where you went wrong now. Lightbringer (walker) referred to his attack as a 'shot' when he was using a sword - he was the figure in the window. Also, there's been some weird **** going on with giantitp. They're trying to cut down on the lagg, i'm guessing. Maybe Giant got slashdotted or something. :P))

Cann of the Mist

Cann listens for a moment, and then decisively sets off down the left corridor, kicking open the door at the end of it.

Alicorn
2007-05-10, 01:17 PM
Persis

Gagging slightly at the hag's visage, Persis peeks into the room that she saw her enter previously with the shiny object.

LightBringer
2007-05-10, 01:47 PM
Walker

After getting over the disappointment of not getting to hack her limb from limb, Walker waits to see where everyone else is headed.

Cyrus112
2007-05-11, 08:06 AM
It just so happens that the door Cann kicked open is the one that is all glowy (I forgot to mention that that door was glowy, heh). In the room are three big cauldrons, two of which are glowing. One is glowing a bright white, the other is pulsating very darkly. The last one is bubbling away and looks to be very thick (like the consistency of wet concrete). Little flasks and vials line the walls.

Rejakor
2007-05-11, 08:27 AM
Are there any doors in the room?

Cann

Cann looks around the room, and seeing no sign of the girls, and no threats, he turns around and walks across to the other corridor, and opens the door at the end of it.

LightBringer
2007-05-11, 08:38 AM
Waker

While Cann looks around the room Walker decides he feels like going upstairs. So, taking them 2 at a time, he does so.

Cyrus112
2007-05-11, 10:21 PM
The room Cann enters appears to be nothing more than a closet stuffed full of large cauldrons that are bubbling away.

Walker, you see that the upstairs is a bit sparse as far as doors go. There are a few openings where doors used to be, but they lead into run down, decrepit looking rooms that not even a cockroach would find appropriate to live in. At the far end there are two large, double doors that appear to be made out of a very solid looking oak. They look old, but very stable and in very good condition.

LightBringer
2007-05-11, 10:57 PM
Sounds like something good should be behind there. Walker will take a listen.

(Listen roll 16 + 23(or something like that) = 39)

Rejakor
2007-05-12, 04:43 AM
Cann

I follow walker upstairs.

Alicorn
2007-05-12, 07:35 AM
Persis

Giving the cauldrons a suspicious berth, Persis tries the doors in the back of the room.

Cyrus112
2007-05-12, 06:47 PM
((What doors do you speak of Alicorn?))

Alicorn
2007-05-12, 09:21 PM
((... no actual doors. I am SO getting an eye exam when I return to the United States, and I really hope it's that instead of, say, a series of hallucinations.))

Rejakor
2007-05-12, 09:45 PM
((Don't worry, it's really easy to get confused, especially when there's people asking things and doing things that reveal new information all the time - if you want, tie that into your character, make Persis a font of clairvoyant knowledge, but not so good in the mundane world, take the Inattentive flaw, etc. :P))

Alicorn
2007-05-12, 10:47 PM
((Persis *has* the Inattentive flaw... but to the best of my knowledge, I don't :P))

Cyrus112
2007-05-13, 03:28 PM
((So, aside from Cann, y'all following Walker upstairs or goin off and doing your own thing?))

Geneticist
2007-05-14, 12:12 AM
Lupo goes on all fours and crawls up the stairs behind walker

chiefwaha
2007-05-14, 11:04 AM
Waha follows after.

Cyrus112
2007-05-14, 03:53 PM
Walker, you don't really hear much from behind the door. It appears all is quiet.

Alicorn
2007-05-14, 04:48 PM
Persis

The halfling circles the cauldrons, squinting at them and trying to figure out what they are.

((Knowledge: Psionics is probably the closest thing I have to a relevant skill, so if there's nothing obvious, I probably don't know it.))

LightBringer
2007-05-15, 08:40 AM
Walker

Walker will shrug and say lightly, "Don't hear anything," as he test the handle to see if it is locked.

If it is NOT locked he will go ahead and open the door.

If it IS locked he will attempt to open the door, with his foot. :smalltongue:

Cyrus112
2007-05-15, 10:03 AM
Persis, you have no idea what these things that are bubbling away are. Walker, the door is very much locked.

Cyrus112
2007-05-18, 10:11 AM
((Bumping the string to remind everyone that we's still doing this, heh))

Rejakor
2007-05-18, 10:56 AM
Cann

Walking forward, Cann casually raises his sword, and brings it down heavily on the area of the door with the lock, in a great splinter of wood and metal. Wrenching his sword clear of the splintered mess, he half-turns and plants his foot solidly on the point he has already struck with his sword.

Attack Roll

Attack Roll (1d20+11=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1053142)

Damage

Damage (1d8+5=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1053145) (ignores hardness)

Strength Check

Strength Check (1d20+4=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1053150) (to bust open door)

LightBringer
2007-05-18, 11:15 AM
Well, I said Walker would kick the door. I was waiting for the result. I suppose I'll just wait and see if Cann manages to kick it in. :smalltongue:

Alicorn
2007-05-18, 06:31 PM
Persis

After scrutinizing the cauldrons to no effect for a few moments, the halfling starts hunting through the rest of the room for anything else of potential interest.

(Search 15+4=19)

Cyrus112
2007-05-19, 05:30 AM
((Yeah, just by looking at the potions, you can't really tell what they are or what they do. That requires like a 170 DC check if you aren't using like an alchemy set, heh))

Cann, the door flies open, and on the other side are a whole bunch of closed coffins.

Persis, you don't see much aside from the three cauldrons. There are empty flasks and vials along the walls, but that's about it.

Rejakor
2007-05-19, 09:31 AM
Cann of the Mist

Cann smiles. "My favourite kind of vampires - asleep." Stepping to the threshold, he looks around intently and then checks the doorframe for any traps. Satisfied that there is nothing there, he steps forward and sheathes his sword and shield. He pulls a hammer and a stake made of dark wood from his backpack.

Spot Check

Spot Check (1d20+11=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1055544)

Listen Check

Listen Check (1d20+13=33) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1055547)

Search Check

Search Check (1d20+6=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1055550)

Remember, only if I don't find any traps, don't hear any vampires waiting to ambush me, or see any concealed people will I venture into the room.

Cyrus112
2007-05-19, 02:05 PM
Nothing seems amiss.

Rejakor
2007-05-20, 06:49 AM
Cann

Cann goes in, and pounds a stake through the lid of the nearest coffin, where he thinks the heart is on the person inside. The ironwood stake slides through the coffin lid with ease.

Attack Roll

Attack Roll (1d20+9=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1057033)

Damage

Damage (1d4+4=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1057037)

Cyrus112
2007-05-20, 08:21 AM
((Actually...))

The stake hits the coffin, but doesn't go in very far. This is some tough-ass wood.

((What are the rest of you doing?))

Rejakor
2007-05-20, 10:59 AM
Cann

Taking the hammer in both hands, Cann starts slamming the stake further and further into the coffin, until it has penetrated completely.

Strength Check?

Strength Check

Strength Check (1d20+4=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1057405)

chiefwaha
2007-05-21, 08:19 AM
"STOP! Have we found the missing twins yet? Maybe they're in one of these coffins and you'll kill them, not to mention all the light forsaken noise you're making. Give me one moment," and Waha starts reciting a spell ((Detect Undead)) and scans the room.

LightBringer
2007-05-21, 10:03 AM
Walker

"Also it's highly unlikely that there are any Vampires in the coffins. Since it is continually night even those pathetic half breeds barely sleep." Walker walks up to one of the coffins and tries to simply open it.

Cyrus112
2007-05-21, 04:21 PM
Waha, some of the coffins do indeed hold some undead, though most are empty.

Walker, the coffins simply open, and the one Cann was futiley trying to open is empty.

Rejakor
2007-05-22, 02:38 AM
Cann

When the stake is fully in, Cann reaches over, and rips it out of the hole. Holding his shield high, he looks through the hole into the coffin.

Strength Check (1d20+4=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1060799)

Spot Check (1d20+11=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1060801)'

I've been doing this under the impression that if you stake a vampire through the heart, they die, and that if you open their coffins, they'll wake up. True? Not true?

Knowledge:Religion Check (1d20+4=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1060805)

Knowledge:Local Check (1d20+8=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1060808) ( I mean, vampires, zombies, skeletons, other creatures of the night would be common knowledge, since they are so common now.)

Knowledge:History Check (1d20+4=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1060814)

If that helps. :P

chiefwaha
2007-05-22, 08:10 AM
"The coffin you're attacking has no undead in it. But those do."

Waha points out the coffins that have undead in them. Then Waha is going to open the ones that have no undead in them.

Cyrus112
2007-05-22, 09:48 AM
All but three are empty. Behind one of the closed ones comes a scratching noise.

LightBringer
2007-05-22, 10:14 AM
Walker

Dealing with the threat in this room first Walker walks over to one of the coffins Waha indicates, and opens it. "Pathetic excuse for a vampire," escapes Walker's lips as he raises his longsword. Walker swings down hard toward the creatures neck intent on cutting through everything including the coffin.

Attack roll 15 + 15 = 30 Damage 7 + 10 = 17

Edit: just corrected some spelling.

chiefwaha
2007-05-22, 10:18 AM
OOC: The one that I hear scratching from is one that I did or didn't detect undead in?

Rejakor
2007-05-22, 08:45 PM
Cann

Looking up from the empty coffin he was hammering the spike into, Cann sees Waha point out which coffins have undead in them. Dropping his spike and hammer on top of the empty coffin, he walks over to the coffin Walker is standing over, and prepares his mighty fist of vengeance.

Prepare action to strike any undead attempting to leap out of the coffin/attack with my gauntlet.

Attack Roll (1d20+10=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1062426)

Damage (1d3+2d6+5=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1062442)

Cyrus112
2007-05-23, 06:33 AM
((It does indeed have an undead in it))

Cann, no movement is forthcoming from the coffin you are standing over.

chiefwaha
2007-05-24, 07:46 AM
Waha frowns, "Odd, you'd think vampires would be able to get out of their own coffins... What's going on here?"

Cyrus112
2007-05-25, 02:57 PM
((Opening the top up?))

chiefwaha
2007-05-25, 04:02 PM
Waha will carefully open the top, mace at the ready.

Cyrus112
2007-05-27, 09:41 PM
Inside is a zombie, still making clawing motions at where the top of the coffin used to be.

Rejakor
2007-05-28, 03:56 AM
Cann

Cann walks over to the coffin Waha is standing over, and raises his shield, regarding the zombie within.

Cyrus112
2007-05-29, 12:02 PM
The zombie's gaze rests on Cann and begins to sit up, eyeing Cann hungrily.

Rejakor
2007-05-29, 12:39 PM
Cann

With a slight frown, Cann draws back his fist, and punches the thing in the mouth.

Attack Roll (1d20+10=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073886)

Damage (1d3+2d6+4=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073888)

Cyrus112
2007-05-30, 03:46 PM
The zombie falls back, very dead...again.

"Useful distractions, aren't they?" a voice asks from behind you. Behind you stand two vampires smiling widely, baring their teeth at the group, holding formidable looking weapons.

Rejakor
2007-05-30, 04:15 PM
Cann of the Mist

Cann smiles, slightly ferally. "Give up the girls, and you walk. Otherwise, i'll have to pound you into the ground. And i'll enjoy it. Oh yes." Cann's smile grows wider, and he flexes his gauntleted hand. The iris and pupils in his eyes have begun to fade out, into a softly glowing white. The longer he remains in these evil things' presence, the more he seems to change, to become more wild and more glorious, more pure and more terrible.

At the first hostile move of these creatures, Cann leaps on the closest one, and starts mauling it.

Touch Attack (1d20+10=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1075854)

Grapple (1d20+13=30) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1075856)

Weapon Damage (1d3+4=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1075858)

Holy Damage (2d6=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1075861)

Cyrus112
2007-05-30, 10:03 PM
One of the vampires smiles even wider.

"Or else what, human? We aren't scared of you. Our devotion to our leader is much stronger. We risk death in the face of his wrath. But will you get to the girls in time I wonder? We'll make sure you don't."

The one on the right lunges forward.

((To figure out who goes first, Cann or the vampire, we'll do opposing initiative checks. Also, whose even paying attention to this anymore? I know the boards were having some trouble, but that seems to be past now. I can account for Rejakor and Waha, but what about the others?))

LightBringer
2007-05-30, 10:18 PM
I'm still waiting for the results of my action, a page or so ago.

Cyrus112
2007-05-31, 07:25 AM
((Dammit, LightBringer, I keep forgetting you, lol. Sorry bout that. We're going to handle that attack as a coup de grace as the thing was helpless, so it's good and dead-dead.))