PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a magical rune power

Sajiri
2014-12-07, 03:33 PM
In my current game, one special power my DM has given my character is to put a magical rune for anything I can think of on any inanimate object (there is also an added ability to remote activate it). At first I was pretty confused and just used it to put various temporary enchantmants on weapons (Returning, Keen, etc) but it's been turning out to be a lot broader than I initially thought. Here's some things I've done with it already

Turned one material into another (a towel into Steel, copper coins into Ice)

Made Unbreakable clothing that cant be pierced by blades or bullets (though the shock can still go through and severely mess me up as I discovered in the last session)

Made special engines for ships to make it go 5x faster than any other ship by building it out of wood with Wind runes on it

Remotely blown up ships by jamming a bunch of whaling harpoons with Explode on them in the side

Remotely blown up a ship's captain by putting Explode on an anchor and dumping it at her feet in a lifeboat

Healed a magical poison by putting Antidote on pieces of paper and shoving it down the person's throat (wasnt meant to work initially but the DM allowed it in the end)

Looking for other fun ideas of what you could do with a power like this

LibraryOgre
2014-12-07, 09:31 PM
...I'm not really sure what you CAN'T do with a power that's exhibited that kind of flexibility.