PDA

View Full Version : (P6) Capstone and Human buff?

JusticeZero
2014-12-08, 03:05 AM
Humans are lackluster in E6 environments, so I was considering this racial ability:
Gifted - Humans are treated as having two virtual levels in their preferred class for purposes of qualifying for prerequisites only. For instance, a human level 4 Barbarian can select Rage powers which require the character to be level 6.

Thoughts? balance concerns? This also would be stacking with a "Capstone" feat which has the same effect, as well as granting +1 level of class abilities (like sneak attack dice, etc, but not spells, bab, or extra uses of class abilities) for one class. Yes, this means that a human single class character could use feats or class powers (Rage powers, etc) with a level 10 prerequisite.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-12-08, 01:42 PM
Humans are lackluster in E6 environments, so I was considering this racial ability:
Gifted - Humans are treated as having two virtual levels in their preferred class for purposes of qualifying for prerequisites only. For instance, a human level 4 Barbarian can select Rage powers which require the character to be level 6.

Thoughts? balance concerns? This also would be stacking with a "Capstone" feat which has the same effect, as well as granting +1 level of class abilities (like sneak attack dice, etc, but not spells, bab, or extra uses of class abilities) for one class. Yes, this means that a human single class character could use feats or class powers (Rage powers, etc) with a level 10 prerequisite. Reaching higher level abilities is a bit iffy. In some cases it doesn't mean much on others its means quite a bit.

None of the other races have a racial trait that takes advantage of the E6 system so why should humans? So I don't like the idea but do have some alternatives.

Instead allow humans to pick one of their alternate racial traits, without replacing one existing trait. So for example a P6 human would have
+2 to One Ability Score
Bonus Feat trait
Skilled Trait
And then they could pick one of the "heart of the [insert terrain]" traits or they could take "Dual Talent" while only losing either the skilled or bonus feat trait instead of both.