PDA

View Full Version : Trapper

Fax Celestis
2007-03-27, 11:31 AM
So I've recently put thought into a trapper-type character, though I'm having a little trouble with the mechanics.

So far, the best I've been able to come up with is Wilderness Rogue 5/Combat Trapsmith 1/Trapsmith 5/Combat Trapsmith +4, though I'm having some trouble coming up with the last few levels.

Suggestions?

Wilderness Rogue fits better here than Ranger, Scout, or regular Rogue mostly for skill reasons.

Morgan_Scott82
2007-03-27, 11:34 AM
Where are Combat Trapsmith and Trapsmith from? I'm unfamiliar with those classes.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-27, 11:42 AM
Combat Trapsmith is in Comp. Scoundrel, while Trapsmith is in Dungeonscape.

Aramil Liadon
2007-03-28, 02:13 PM
I'm afraid I can't help, I always play at a lower level than this mix. Why don't you finish off the Combat Trapsmith PrC, though? Also, where does it state the price, weight, etc. for the "combat trapsmith's kit"?

Fax Celestis
2007-03-28, 02:21 PM
Combat Trapsmith's only got 5 levels. I do finish it.

Person_Man
2007-03-28, 02:41 PM
Combat Trapsmith is a pretty weak class. None of the traps ever get particularly powerful. At higher levels, your traps would be pretty useless.

I haven't seen Dungeonscape yet, so I can't comment on the Trapsmith.

I think an Arcane Trickster build with liberal use of Ruins and Symbols with a strong investment in Craft (Trapmaking) and Craft (Alchemy) would probably be best.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-28, 02:48 PM
Trapsmith actually has arcane spell progression. I could actually qualify for Arcane Trickster with it rather easily.