PDA

View Full Version : Apostle of Peace

Renen
2014-12-08, 03:37 PM
Does AoP partially negate vow of poverty? Because it requires VoP to enter, but then specifically says you can wear "protective" magic items.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-08, 03:40 PM
That's exactly what it does. AoP + VoP can actually function in some campaigns (especially if they're RP- or noncombat-focused), especially if you're willing to let a player twist the definition of "protective". For example, Wings of Flying are protection from falling :smallwink:

ZamielVanWeber
2014-12-08, 05:33 PM
That is the RAW of it. Some DM's may not agree, so talk to yours first. Last time I tried to play one my DM overruled it.

Chronos
2014-12-08, 05:41 PM
It was probably just an editing mistake. Personally, I think that the simplest explanation is that it didn't originally require poverty, and that when they added that prereq, they forgot to change the "defensive magic items" line. The simplest fix, then, would be to remove Vow of Poverty from the prereqs. But of course, your DM may disagree.

INoKnowNames
2014-12-08, 11:19 PM
The writers of that book were in such a rush to make sure every single Exalted Feat had at least one class use it, they did not verify whether or not all cases made sense. At the very least, that was certainly a mistake not caught in play testing, or some logical mind should have asked about it before it got sent out...

NotScaryBats
2014-12-09, 01:13 AM
lol I agree with the above. "We need a Vow of Peace class" "Okay, let's have Ron Spencer draw us a cool peace dude" seems to be what they did, because there's no way that pictured Apostle isn't wearing a lot of hardcore and expensive adventuring gear.

atemu1234
2014-12-09, 08:22 AM
Totally want to make an apostle of peace now.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-09, 02:21 PM
Totally want to make an apostle of peace now.

Just make sure the rest of your party, and the DM, is okay with it. It's a big campaign-disruptor if people want the standard kill monsters -> steal loot.