PDA

View Full Version : Board Issue Search Weirdness

Sasaisen
2014-12-08, 04:38 PM
I've noticed that when I search (or do something else involving the search function, such as viewing a user's posts), the board often will "drop" results, especially if there's multiple pages. It does this if you refresh or switch to another page of results (forwards, backwards, and to an arbitrary page number seem interchangeable), and does so consistently for a given search term and set of actions. I don't know if this is desired behavior, but it is odd and makes it harder to find older posts.

Rawhide
2014-12-08, 08:40 PM
I've noticed that when I search (or do something else involving the search function, such as viewing a user's posts), the board often will "drop" results, especially if there's multiple pages. It does this if you refresh or switch to another page of results (forwards, backwards, and to an arbitrary page number seem interchangeable), and does so consistently for a given search term and set of actions. I don't know if this is desired behavior, but it is odd and makes it harder to find older posts.

It's just the way search works. It's not desirable, but there's nothing we can do. It finds you every result stored in the index, then verifies them only when you navigate to the page. If it's a duplicate (for example, you get 5 results for posts in the same thread), then it drops those results on the fly.

Sasaisen
2014-12-08, 08:48 PM
Alright, if we're not actually losing results then I have nothing to complain about.