PDA

View Full Version : What a good prestige class for a Rogue/Warblade?

ngilop
2014-12-08, 07:21 PM
Hey guys just wondering if there is a good prestige class you can think of that would make a good rogue/warblade PrC.

I was thinking of ninja of the crescent moon, but that thing requires monk stuff out the wazoo. But I am pretty sure that if I nix all the Monk related PrC craps that I could pass it along to my DM and it may or may not get approved.

Id like something that does increase sneak attack by at least 4d6 at the end of the 10 level. ( or 3d6 is its 5 levels long)

That really the only cool sneaky fighter PrC I can think of but, any suggestions would be good. Id be starting this PrC at 9th level so there is that.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-08, 07:30 PM
Are you Rogue with a Warblade dip, or Warblade with a Rogue dip? Either way there isn't a dual initiating/sneak attack PrC.

ngilop
2014-12-08, 08:03 PM
Rogue with a Warblade dip.

and I could have sworn I did not mention anything about progressing both sneak attack and maneuvers. if I did in my original post apologize.

I want to progress sneak attack and have more of a combat feel than a sneak attack run away hide come back and sneak attack some more.

that why I mentioned ninja of the crescent moon, take awa al those monk and Ki abilities and its exactly what I would like in a PrC.

I know that There s not going to be one out there that is perfect, but I am hoping that there is at least 1.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-08, 08:37 PM
Assassin is full SA, and there's a good-aligned version of it in a web enhancement somewhere.

ngilop
2014-12-08, 09:31 PM
its not good aligned. its non-chaotic aligned. and I know about the avenger.

preferably something that if it WAS on D&D site that it not gone and/or buried in some convoluted webpage that I have no idea how to get to.

I guess that if a PrC like I a lookingfor does not exist, then I can just be rogue/warblade, nothing wrong with that, just wanted something to reinforce my character Idea.

Troacctid
2014-12-08, 09:41 PM
If you want to stack up sneak attack damage, several dips would work better than 10 levels in a single prestige class. A level in Nightsong Enforcer, a level in Sneak Attack Thug Fighter, a level in Spellthief, two levels in Swordsage (for Assassin's Stance), and three levels in Binder plus the Improved Binding feat (to bind Andromalius) is a total of 8 levels and two feats for 7d6 sneak attack. If you can fit three levels of Umbral Disciple in there as well, you could get another 1d6 as well as Hide in Plain Sight and a constant 30% miss chance.

ngilop
2014-12-08, 09:58 PM
Umbral Disicple looks cool

if I take Indigo strike to get y 1 point of essential I have a question as the feat's wording seems off to me

DO I only get the bonus damage to sneak attack once per day OR is it I just invest the essential once a day?

( I think its more the former but man WoTC needs to word things a bit clearer.)

Troacctid
2014-12-08, 10:32 PM
Umbral Disicple looks cool

if I take Indigo strike to get y 1 point of essential I have a question as the feat's wording seems off to me

DO I only get the bonus damage to sneak attack once per day OR is it I just invest the essential once a day?

( I think its more the former but man WoTC needs to word things a bit clearer.)

It is the latter. You choose in the morning how much essentia to put into the feat. That essentia is then locked in for the rest of the day; you get the bonus to sneak attack damage, and you can't use it to power your Umbral Disciple class features.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-08, 10:44 PM
its not good aligned. its non-chaotic aligned. and I know about the avenger.

preferably something that if it WAS on D&D site that it not gone and/or buried in some convoluted webpage that I have no idea how to get to.

What, you mean like this? (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a) Anything that's from a web enhancement can still be accessed by finding the web enhancement's original URL and replacing "www" with "archive".

ngilop
2014-12-09, 11:32 AM
awesome, normally melee munande gets crappy things nice to know this is pretty good.

any other icarnum feast I should take?

Troacctid
2014-12-09, 01:55 PM
Most Incarnum feats are pretty weak. Indigo Strike included--it's basically a worse version of Weapon Specialization, and Weapon Specialization isn't exactly a powerhouse feat. Probably the most notable one is Midnight Dodge, I guess, just because it counts as Dodge for the purpose of prerequisites.

Not being able to move essentia in and out of the feats nerfs them pretty hard, to the point where they're not usually worth taking unless you really need the essentia.

Extra Anchovies
2014-12-09, 02:06 PM
Most Incarnum feats are pretty weak.

Cobalt Rage is a pretty big exception to that, especially with a Totem Rager.

ngilop
2014-12-09, 02:40 PM
im not sure how 1 point of essential to get 2d6 sneak attack damage is a horrible feat?

it pretty decent, and yeah I know I cannot move essential around but when literally all you have to put essential into is your feat, whats the big deal.

the way I am looking at it now, by level 18 and with no more incarnum feats Id have 8 essential

3 for embrace the shadow 3 for sight of the eyeless and 2 for my indigo strike

so that 30% miss chance and hide I plain sight, 30 feet of blind sight and 4d6 extra sneak attack. ontop of my 6d6 id already have.

Darrin
2014-12-09, 04:05 PM
im not sure how 1 point of essential to get 2d6 sneak attack damage is a horrible feat?

Indigo Strike doesn't give you 2d6 damage. For 1 point of essentia invested, it gives you +2 damage on your sneak attack.