PDA

View Full Version : Help with Puzzle Ideas

Atypical_Necro
2014-12-08, 11:41 PM
For my next session I've set up an ancient temple in an incredibly vast underground cavern that functions in a sort of Land of the Lost fashion. The PC's have found a similar temple in the past that hints at the lost history of the campaign setting.

Though I don't ascribe to astrology in any way, one of my recurrent themes this campaign is the Zodiac. The last temple was themed around Capricorn and featured mostly combat challenges.

It's Gemini's turn, and though there will be some combat challenges I'd like to throw a puzzle or two in there as well.

The setup is this: there are two temples side by side, identical in every fashion (including locations of creatures). The individual temples are mirror-like in that the left half is architecturally identical to the right. (This is Gemini we're talking about after all, the sign of the Twins). The two temples are mystically/magically linked, and things that happen in one temple affect the other temple in a like manner and the players must 'puzzle it out' to get to the information and treasure at the far end of the temple. At least, that's what I'd like to have happen.

Unfortunately, I'm stumped on ideas for a puzzle to go along with this theme. So I turn to the Playgrounders for aid, in the hopes that their collective knowledge can help me sort something out. I'm willing to make changes if necessary but would like to stick with the twins theme if possible.

With a box
2014-12-09, 12:17 AM
you have to move two glass statue to other side of temple, but it hit each other in middle of temple.
I have no idea of how to solve this except teleport object.

Fax Celestis
2014-12-09, 12:58 AM
The temples aren't identical, so in order to make things work on one side, you need to take advantage of the differences on the other side.