PDA

View Full Version : Journal Vikingmaker Campaign Journal

Dovahkiin62
2014-12-09, 01:09 AM
"Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by Jarl Freyr Darkwine, acting upon the greater good as general of the blackravens and warden of The Hagreach, to explore the region of Grungir Forest known as “The Frozen Pines”. The bearer of this charter is also charged with delivering justice to the criminal and renegade known as Szigo, and to those who follow him, for the crimes of murder, kidnapping, theft, cannibalism, and suspected fraternization with enemies of the state. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behaviour to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of Jarl Freyr Darkwine, Castellan of Trollheim, and protector of the realm."

This campaign journal chronicles my group's playthrough of the "Kingmaker" adventure path, which I have modified to take place in The Lands of The Linnorm Kings. Here I will recount the adventures and exploits of "Team 3", in their quest to explore the cursed forest of "The Frozen Pines", and the challenges they face therein.

First, the party, or, "Team 3":

Ozzymandias, Human Fighter (Tactician):
"To win the hearts and minds of the people!"
An aspiring general with a practical, mercenary outlook. This player has extraordinary luck with his die rolls, singlehandedly dealing spectacular finishing blows to a number of powerful enemies. Standard sword and board, but looking to expand into teamwork feats as part of his fighter archetype. The party's de facto tactical leader.

Fenwin, Halfling Ranger:
Fenwin's player is still working out aspects of the character's background, as she is a relatively new player. She is one of the party's scouts and their archer.

Jhegaala, Tiefling (Qlippoth Spawn) Oracle of the rift:
"See the charter? It doesn't say nothing about saving no blonde b****es!"
Jhegaala emerged into the world after ripping his way from his mother's womb, and survived in the wild thanks to as yet unidentified divine forces. To this day he struggles to find a balance between his human and monstrous aspects. As a qlippoth spawn, his appearance is especially lovecraftian, so he generally wears a mask to hide his features.

Kanaan, half orc bloodrager (Fiend bloodline):
"If I may, Sir. Take it easy with your daughter. I know what it is like to be separated from one's father. Listen to her and hear what she has to say."

A former thane in the long house of her father, Kanaan fled from court after they learned she was, in fact, the offspring between her father and a half orc woman. Disgraced and furious at being forced from her home and position at court, Kanaan now vents her endless fury in the wild.

Kanaan appears virtually human except to those with a particularly keen eye. With a whopping 19 charisma, and her background as a thane, her player is eyeing the position of monarch in upcoming games.

Leth Elderon, Elf Paladin:
"I know men like you. I know because I was once such a man myself."

A former necromancer and murderer, Leth Elderon now seeks a road of redemption and justice, that he may one day make up for the wrongs of his past.

Crud, aka "Thoughtful", goblin rogue:
"Thoughtful fight for his friends!"

Nicknamed "Thoughtful" during the party's first encounter with him, the name has stuck, marking the creature's attempt to fit in with his new "tribe".

Thoughtful is an npc played by me, and serves as a comedic (and accidentally badass) sidekick after joining "Team 3".