PDA

View Full Version : Super Happy Fun Time Battle Arena: Round 3, Match 1

Kazyan
2014-12-09, 01:34 AM
After they finish recuperation, both contestants are signaled that they will arrive to the shiftbay in six seconds. Then that happens, again through unknown means: the characters simply appear 100 feet from each other, on the brick-and-mortar ground.

The 200' square brick arena is featureless, except that a pattern of bricks in the center of the arena is black, and has changed:

□ ■ ■ □
■ □ □ ■
■ □ □ ■
□ ■ ■ □

Describe what one another sees (if you guys don't want to just check the matches in the previous round), roll initiative, then fight for a victory point towards getting the shiny!

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 02:15 AM
If you managed to catch a glimpse of the void*, you will see an anthropomorphic figure in black cloak and a full-body suit. The hood drapes over his head, and his face is covered by an rusty-orange mask that have spiral patterns converging towards the only eye-slit. The only other notable feature is his right arm that is grotesquely, overly, bloated.Initiative: [roll0]
friendly reminder: don't forget to make CL checks when using SR/PR:Yes spells/powers/abilitieshttp://www.wallpaperfo.com/thumbnails/detail/20120427/naruto%20shippuden%20sharingan%20masks%20tobi%20uc hiha%20madara%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpape rfo.com_30.jpg

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 04:56 PM
A pale young humanoid woman with long white hair wearing a blue dress. When she appears the temperature in the arena begins to plummet to unearthly cold conditions.

Initiative: [roll0]

What are you talking about with the void disciple, a void disciple doesn't have any special extra passive sense unless your talking about something homebrewed. never mind, I found it

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 05:33 PM
Swift action:
1st round: Cast True Seeing Move 20ft closer and to the left (not metagaming as its the only vision type spell I have, it just happens to also be the only one that reveals [void] creatures)
2nd round: Cast Shapechange (Hound of the Hunt)
3rd round: Cast Effulgent Epuration
4th round: SLA Arcane Fusion> Cast Globe of Invulnerability and Glitterdust on opponent
5th round: SLA Arcane Fusion> Resilient sphere. Swift: Greater Mirror Image
6th round: 5 Quickened Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental, Energy Walls linked to Synchrnoicities
7th round: 10 Quickened/syncrod Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental, Energy Walls linked to Synchrnoicities
8th round: 15 Quickened/syncrod Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental, Energy Walls linked to Synchrnoicities
9th round: 20 Quickened/syncrod Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental, Energy Walls linked to Synchrnoicities
10th round: 25 Quickened/syncrod Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental, Energy Walls linked to Synchrnoicities

Standard Action:
Synchronicity: Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Energy Barrage Linked to Synchronicity
Synchronicity: Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Energy Barrage Linked to Synchronicity
Quickened: Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Energy Barrage Linked to Synchronicity
Quickened: Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Energy Barrage Linked to Synchronicity

A burst of glitterdust explodes upon you (without the blind effect)
One hundred and fifty walls of ice cold flame spring up around you in a square enclosure requiring you to make one hundred and fifty fortitude saves each against 40 cold damage (half ignoring immunity) If you fail any saves you may only take a single move or standard action for 1 round as you are encased in ice.

One hundred and eighty explosions then errupt around you, each requiring a reflex save for half of 306 cold damage (half ignoring immunity) If you fail any saves you may only take a single move or standard action for 1 round as you are encased in ice.

So thats
150 fortitude saves
180 reflex saves

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 05:40 PM
1. Please make a CL/ML check with the Temporal Acceleration.

2. If Temporal Acceleration is successfully cast, I autodetect all casting of spells (with transparency, that includes powers), so please indicate all powers/spells cast. And their ML/CL. (Spellcaster's Bane). Temporal Acceleration has no clause to indicate this wouldn't work.

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 05:52 PM
[roll0] ML check for temporal acceleration.

Everything is CL or ML 50

please let me know what "Spellcasters Bane" is and where I can find it.

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 05:58 PM
You manifest Temporal Acceleration, but you felt the very void itself consuming the psionic dweomer of your power and dissipating it into nothingness.

Spellcaster's Bane is in Complete Mage. Temporal Acceleration is now nullified (effectively "countered", that works on powers too)

If you have changes in your action due to that, please feel free to do so.

the same one who used Celerity in the past battle, used 1 Nullify Spell ability

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 09:52 PM
You cant counterspell psionic powers, and I cant see how spellcasters bane would let you do so.

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 10:07 PM
You cant counterspell psionic powers, and I cant see how spellcasters bane would let you do so.

Autokorrekt has access to a homebrew ability (class feature) that can counter spells, as well as powers and maneuvers, by making an opposed check (ML+d20 vs class level + ability mod) an using an immediate action. Your ML check, like Rakaydos' IL check last battle, is simply insufficient.

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 10:19 PM
Redo:

Swift Countered
Quickened Temporal Acceleration (68pp) bolstered with wild surge

Do you try and stop it?

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 10:24 PM
Another Temporal Acceleration? Make another ML check.

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 10:28 PM
[roll0] boosted via wild surge

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 10:33 PM
Once again, you felt the void itself siphoning the psionic dweomer of your power into the vast emptiness.

Still countered. If you have changes in your action due to that, please feel free to do so.

the same one who used Celerity in the past battle, used 1 Nullify Spell ability once again, autosuceeding the Will save to gain an extra immediate action usable only to make Nullify abilities.[/QUOTE]

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 10:39 PM
Swift
Quicken
Standard: SLA time stop

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 10:44 PM
Based on Kazyan's ruling, effectively cancelled with Spell Stowaway.

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 10:56 PM
Swift
Quicken
Standard
Quicken Twinned Synchronicty
Move Regain Focus
Quickened: Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Energy Barrage Linked to Twinned Synchronicity
Quickened: Burrowing Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Energy Barrage Linked to Twinned Synchronicity
Free action: Activate "fighting stance"

Can you please give me a link to the homebrew you are using?

eighteen explosions then errupt around you, each requiring a reflex save for half of 306 cold damage (half ignoring immunity) If you fail any saves you may only take a single move or standard action for 1 round as you are encased in ice.

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 11:18 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4740.0

You can manifest Quickened Synchronicities twice (2nd and 4th action, taking into account focus expenditure)? Not sure if there's an unedited mantle for that, assuming you are doing what I think you are doing. Still, the same, make another ML check.

As for the Energy Barrage, do they work in AMFs? They ain't Conjuration effects IIRC. You might want to change your last two quickened actions because of that.
You manifest a glorious salvo of deathly cold explosions, but you realize that some unseen force suppresses them.

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 11:31 PM
Nullify (Ex): A nullblade can attempt to counter a variety of different things that an opponent could do to him. The nullblade can use this ability once per nullblade level for each encounter, to a maximum number of times per encounter equal to his Wisdom modifier. Using this ability is an immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, which requires making a Nullify check, a d20 roll modified by the nullblade's class level and Wisdom modifier. This ability may not be used while the nullblade is flatfooted or helpless, and the nullblade must be aware of whatever he is attempting to nullify.

Flat-Footed

At the start of a battle, before you have had a chance to act (specifically, before your first regular turn in the initiative order), you are flat-footed. You can’t use your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while flat-footed. Barbarians and rogues have the uncanny dodge extraordinary ability, which allows them to avoid losing their Dexterity bonus to AC due to being flat-footed.

A flat-footed character can’t make attacks of opportunity.

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 11:36 PM
Nullify (Ex): A nullblade can attempt to counter a variety of different things that an opponent could do to him. The nullblade can use this ability once per nullblade level for each encounter, to a maximum number of times per encounter equal to his Wisdom modifier. Using this ability is an immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, which requires making a Nullify check, a d20 roll modified by the nullblade's class level and Wisdom modifier. This ability may not be used while the nullblade is flatfooted or helpless, and the nullblade must be aware of whatever he is attempting to nullify.

Flat-Footed

At the start of a battle, before you have had a chance to act (specifically, before your first regular turn in the initiative order), you are flat-footed. You can’t use your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while flat-footed. Barbarians and rogues have the uncanny dodge extraordinary ability, which allows them to avoid losing their Dexterity bonus to AC due to being flat-footed.

A flat-footed character can’t make attacks of opportunity.Foresight:smallbiggrin:

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 11:48 PM
Swift
Quicken
Quicken
Standard
Quicken Twinned Synchronicty
Move Regain Focus
Synchronicity: Wall of stone SLA to create a LOS blocking wall between us

Any response?

ben-zayb
2014-12-09, 11:54 PM
A good rule of thumb (for this round at least), is that Synchronicity attempts will be attempted to get countered.

Please make an ML check for that quickened sync.

greenpotato
2014-12-09, 11:59 PM
Isnt it too late to use an immediate action?

1: I manifest the quicken twin syncchronicity plus the energy barrages
2: I edit out the second two energy barrages when you tell me that the first hits an AMF
3: I activate one of the synchronicities

surely you should have used an immediate action in step 1?

ben-zayb
2014-12-10, 12:02 AM
Isnt it too late to use an immediate action?

1: I manifest the quicken twin syncchronicity plus the energy barrages
2: I edit out the second two energy barrages when you tell me that the first hits an AMF
3: I activate one of the synchronicities

surely you should have used an immediate action in step 1?

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4740.0

You can manifest Quickened Synchronicities twice (2nd and 4th action, taking into account focus expenditure)? Not sure if there's an unedited mantle for that, assuming you are doing what I think you are doing. Still, the same, make another ML check.

As for the Energy Barrage, do they work in AMFs? They ain't Conjuration effects IIRC. You might want to change your last two quickened actions because of that.
You manifest a glorious salvo of deathly cold explosions, but you realize that some unseen force suppresses them.Emphasis mine.

greenpotato
2014-12-10, 12:09 AM
Swift
Quicken
Quicken
Standard
Quicken Twinned Synchronicty [roll0]
Move: Regain Focus
Quicken Synchronicty [roll1]
Quicken Synchronicty [roll2]

ben-zayb
2014-12-10, 12:15 AM
All Syncs are countered. That's 6 uses of Nullify by my count. Anything else for your turn?.

greenpotato
2014-12-10, 12:16 AM
My turn is over.

ben-zayb
2014-12-10, 12:28 AM
My turn is over.
I'll be back for posting after a couple of hours (~8hr). I'm on mobile, and it's hard to post 50+ attack rolls and other multiple actions.:smallsigh:

ben-zayb
2014-12-10, 05:35 PM
Feel free to interject at any point. My subsequent actions will then likely change to reflect your responses.Autokorrekt paused for a bit, considering his opponent's relentless audacity at encroaching one of his domains. He then executes his plan.
Autokorrekt dismisses his AMF. Autokorrekt designates these clones individually as Clone A, B, C..., to J, and relays that information to them.

One of them uses a Body Outside Body SLA, giving 10 Clones with 431 HP each. Lasts 1 minute. These clones are also invisible as per Void Subtype.A massive stone structure forms in your immediate vicinity. Four columns tower around you, with an equally wide roof that provides shade from the harsh sunlight.* Width x Length x Height.

It is composed of four columns, around 5ftx5ftx10ft in *dimension, with each spaced five feet apart from the adjacent two. Its roof is around 15ftx15ftx15ft in dimension. The four 5ftx10ft openings between the four columns indicate that the walls, as they are, aren't capable of holding or trapping someone (no save). You now find yourself in the middle of this arch-like structure.You recognize this as a Wall of Stone effectSimilar to the Wall of Invocation method, except using 4 instances of CL50 Wall of Stone SLA (and no Celerity), with each 5ftx5ftx~1ft(12.5in.) section layered horizontally such that the column's height is 10ft at most. Each columns use up 10 sections (for a total of 40), while each five feet of hight of the roof use up 45 sections (for a total of 135).

Walls are built in such a way to not hold or enclose green's PC (no save), with four large openings.This image might help visualizing (http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/365960/1/A-Roman-Fantasy-With-Ancient-Buildings-Including-A-Triumphal-Arch.jpg)You then find yourself being enclosed by some unseen forceThere seem to be four distinct walls, one for each side, stretching 10 feet in height and 100 feet in length until it reaches the arena edges. These walls pass through the opening of the stone structure, and due to intersecting are actually now blocking all the openings. Basically, you are now confined to a 5ftx5ftx10ft space, with Force borders on the side and stone border on top.You recognize these effects as Walls of Void, a nullblade invocation that works like a Wall of Force but those with the Void subtype can pass and attack in melee through.Same tactic as in the past battles, Wall of Void invocation minus the need for Celerity. Line of Effect or Line of Sight for placing walls shouldn't be a problem so far, because the Clones can Lightning Thief Autokorrekt to the desired location.This image might help visualizing (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/8/81/Mangeky%C5%8D_Sharingan_Shisui.svg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/120?cb=20110803165331)
Lightning Thief such that all of them are within LoE of each other (green's character should be out of LoE by now).
Clones A uses Arcane Fusion (Celerity)
Clones A-J use Moment of Clarity for Power Stowaway (Synchronicity / Temporal Acceleration) on themselves. Clone A / B uses Moment of Clarity for Power Stowaway (Synchronicity / Temporal Acceleration) on Autokorrekt. Lasts 1 minute.
Autokorrekt casts a persistent selective AMF with the aid of Clones C and D, from 10ft away.
Clones E/F/G/H/I/J each ready an action: use Arcane Fusion if Clone F/E/H/G/J/I (respectively) is detected using Wings of Cover.
Clones A-J Lightning Thief away in pairs of two (A-B,C-D,E-F,G-H,I-J), such that they are horizontally encircling the arch's outer perimeter from 25 feet away.
Autokorrekt uses move action to get inside the arch (occupying the lone 5ft empty space above green's character)

You find Autokorrekt assaulting you from up above with a flurry of knuckles, fingers, heels, elbows, knees, and an icy axe that suddenly materializes in his hand. He targets your spine, cranium, eyes, throat, joints, shin, and every known vulnerable part of the body, intending to kill.You are now within the AMF of Autokorrekt. All magical/psionic effects are suppressed, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Autokorrekt doesn't provoke any AoOs due to Combat King (Legend class). Attacks don't automiss on a 1, and are aligned to C,E,G, and L. Unarmed Strike deals Bludgeoning damage, and deals 1 Con damage per hit. All Autokorrekt's attack rolls this turn are rolled with a -6 penalty (-4 for TWF with 1hander, -2 for Flurry of Steel)

Free: Power Attack +50 (+200 damage) using 1 Void Point to modify feats like an Action Point (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm)
Standard: initiate Hydra Slaying Strike (ToB)
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]
Martial Strike Master (Epic Feat) extra
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll2]; Damage [roll3]
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll4]; Damage [roll5]
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll6]; Damage [roll7]
Flurry of Steel (Legend Class) extra
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll8]; Damage [roll9]
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll10]; Damage [roll11]
Ice-Axe (Spell) offhand touch attacks, via Improved TWF homebrew feat
Attack: [roll12]; Cold Damage [roll13]
Attack: [roll14]; Cold Damage [roll15]
Attack: [roll16]; Cold Damage [roll17]
Attack: [roll18]; Cold Damage [roll19]
Attack: [roll20]; Cold Damage [roll21]
Attack: [roll22]; Cold Damage [roll23]

greenpotato
2014-12-11, 12:22 AM
Counterspell wall of stone

ben-zayb
2014-12-11, 01:07 AM
You didn't hear anything like a verbal component. And you can't see the it being cast AFAIC.

greenpotato
2014-12-11, 01:24 AM
Nevermind, I dont have a thing I thought I had.

You actions are completed and your opponent remains alive.
Can you please link me the "no AOO thing" I want to check the wording to see if I can still do something.

ben-zayb
2014-12-11, 01:39 AM
Legend (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?276481-The-Legend-Returns-A-Mythic-Fighter-for-Manly-Men-(and-Women-And-Others-)): one of those classes that are good enough to be consistently requested by martial types, but not crazy enough to be allowed where Mythos classes aren't.

Combat King is a Legendary Deed.

By the way, Autokorrekt will know your HP once he hits, so I'm requesting that, as well as a breakdown of HP change/total after every attack Autokorrekt made.

greenpotato
2014-12-11, 02:01 AM
Man you have some BS homebrew. "You no longer provoke attacks of opportunity" so much for karmic strike and literally half my feats :smallmad:

How are you full attacking after moving?
How are you getting so many attacks with Ice axe?
How are you knowing my HP?
How are you attacking with a spell while in an AMF? If my square is under the effects of the AMF doesn't you Ice axe get suppressed when it enters my square and then reappear when you hand is withdrawn though the wall of force?

ben-zayb
2014-12-11, 02:19 AM
Man you have some BS homebrew. "You no longer provoke attacks of opportunity" so much for karmic strike and half my feats :smallmad:

How are you full attacking after moving?
How are you getting so many attacks with Ice axe?
How are you knowing my HP?
How are you attacking with a spell while in an AMF? If my square is under the effects of the AMF doesn't you Ice axe get suppressed when it enters my square and then reappear when you hand is withdrawn though the wall of force?Alright, one at a time.

1. I used a Standard Action. There's an approved epic feat (Tempestfury's homebrew, likely in his sig) that makes maneuvers gain iteratives with high Epic Attack Bonus reqs to fully work. Flurry of Steel is like Jiriku's Monk fix Flurry, working a la snap kick. Although since you yourself know how to play with action economy, I didn't think Full-Attack+Moves was that surprising at epic anyway.

2. Another approved feat fix (Tempestfury's too) that grants offhand attacks equal to the number of mainhand attacks. Sorta like s juiced up PatWF.

3 and 4 are RAW, so apologies if I decline the need to explain the trick. There are plenty of ways to make a caster immune to his own AMF, and knowing HP is clearcut explicitly doable with the right feat investments.

Re: Combat King: I agree. Then again, the author maybe thought no AoO at lvl 10 hlps with mundane needing nice things so it won't surprise me though

greenpotato
2014-12-11, 02:35 AM
final= 443 hp left
The Ice axe attacks do no damage

I just have to ask because you have so much homebrew, I have to make sure we are on the same page. I don't want to assume you are doing something with a spell or whatever for it to turn out you have it as an at will (Ex)

ben-zayb
2014-12-11, 02:48 AM
Alright, I'm interested to see how she'll respond so Autokorrekt ends his turn, but is once again invisible.

greenpotato
2014-12-11, 03:14 AM
Throw her cloak up over her head in between us to block LOS between the two of us.

ben-zayb
2014-12-11, 03:26 AM
1. What cloak? Your description seems like she only wears a blue dress. Also, clothes don't block LoS AFAIK. That'd imply most monks can never be targetted, not to mention that Autokorrekt is also fully draped in cloth.

2. I'm not sure what action that is, and what it takes (whether move, free, etc.). And whether irt provokes or not.

greenpotato
2014-12-11, 03:59 AM
I'm taking it off and throwing it up to block LOS for a moment as it falls. I equate it to a move action although it's up to the DM I suppose.

ben-zayb
2014-12-11, 05:10 AM
Alright let's wait on Kazyan for that.

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 08:38 PM
As you try to loosen your cloak off, Autokorrekt preemptively snatches it from your hands.One of "them" (not Clones A-J) uses Celerity.You are still within the AMF of Autokorrekt. All magical/psionic effects are suppressed, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Autokorrekt doesn't provoke any AoOs due to Combat King (Legend class). Attacks don't automiss on a 1, and are aligned to C,E,G, and L. Unarmed Strike deals Bludgeoning damage, and deals 1 Con damage per hit. All Autokorrekt's attack rolls this turn are rolled with a -2 penalty (Flurry of Steel)

Standard: initiate Disarming Strike (ToB)
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll0]; Damage [roll1]; Disarm (cloak, opposed rolls): [roll2], +4 if the cloak is poorly secured.
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll3]; Damage [roll4] (Flurry of Steel)
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll5]; Damage [roll6] (Flurry of Steel)
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll7]; Damage [roll8] (Martial Strike Master)
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll9]; Damage [roll10] (Martial Strike Master)
Unarmed Strike Attack: [roll11]; Damage [roll12] (Martial Strike Master)

greenpotato
2014-12-14, 09:19 PM
It's my turn, how are you attacking me?

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 09:30 PM
It's my turn, how are you attacking me?Similar to how you can act during someone else's turn: turning the action economy upside-down, and inside-out.

It's via a RAW method, by the way, if you are wondering. If you have Spell Stowaway: Celerity, you probably felt it but was unable to utilize it due to the AMF. Otherwise, there's no way to detect it being used (no somatic, verbal components), and no way to detect its effect ("standard action" is an abstract concept).

greenpotato
2014-12-14, 10:06 PM
I did something unethical and opened your DM only spoilers;
1: How can a BOB clone cast a spell
2: How can celerity give you an action when you didn't cast it
3: How can the clone cast a spell as a reaction to something I did when its LOS and LOE is blocked by either the stone wall or the wall of force
4: The DM okayed you starting the battle with BOB clones already summoned?

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 10:20 PM
I did something unethical and opened your DM only spoilers;
1: How can a BOB clone cast a spell
2: How can celerity give you an action when you didn't cast it
3: How can the clone cast a spell as a reaction to something I did when its LOS and LOE is blocked by either the stone wall or the wall of forcePlease don't do that again.

1. SLAs are fair game
2. Spell Stowaway : Celerity from someone who had LoE from Autokorrekt. (I already spoilered that Clones A-J aren't the ones who used the celerity.)
greenpotato: But who?
ben-zayb: Ah, well, that's a carefully guarde RAW secret. Whoever it is, you can't see it concentrating either to use SLA, that's for sure. It's still RAW, though.
3. Whoever used the Celerity SLA can see you just fine, none of this LoE/LoS obstruction (with a 200+ to Spot might I add).

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 10:31 PM
I don't appreciate spoiling my abilities to other opponents:smallsigh:In this specific circumstance, with the RAW methods I employed to make sure that they are secured to Autokorrekt.. Yes.EDIT: By the way, they aren't summons.
EDIT2: May I request putting Spoiler on other inquiries relating to undisclosed information?

greenpotato
2014-12-14, 10:53 PM
Yes as in you asked and he said yes or yes as in you assumed you would be allowed to. If I had know we were allowed to start the battle with summoned monsters I surely would have

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 11:03 PM
Yes as in you asked and he said yes or yes as in you assumed you would be allowed to. If I had know we were allowed to start the battle with summoned monsters I surely would have
1. I showed Kazyan my worstly cheesed combos. This is the response:
Ben-zayb, your PM box is full, but in summary regarding your questionable tricks: 1) Would that really be fun if it would take so long to resolve? 2) No "I win" buttons; make of that what you will.Now, unless you consider BoB as an "I win" button, then there's nothing from my tricks that he banned me from using.

2. BoB is an effect spell, (Creation) not summon. I'm not sure if he allows summons. Besides, every battle, we are magically transported to unknown planes using unknown (not-teleportation) means. So unless you specifically have means to keep your summons/creation/called monster/whatever to keep up with the (not teleportation) transportation, then I very much doubt that will work. You could've asked Kazyan, though.

greenpotato
2014-12-14, 11:09 PM
And I suppose you have some bit of homebrew that lets you do it eh?

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 11:11 PM
And I suppose you have some bit of homebrew that lets you do it eh?
Nope. Pure RAW. Granted, I used some 3.0 materials, but still RAW-legal...:smallcool:

greenpotato
2014-12-14, 11:15 PM
Once you disarm the cloak are you dropping it or holding onto it?

ben-zayb
2014-12-14, 11:19 PM
Once you disarm the cloak are you dropping it or holding onto it?Holding it, of course such that it won't block his view.

greenpotato
2014-12-14, 11:54 PM
DEAD!

Id like to take this opportunity to bitch about how absurdly powerful you homebrew is.
Undefeatable (Ex) Invisibility. Like... how is that not an I win button?
(Ex) Anitmagic field
(Ex) ability to dispel things that cannot ever usually be dispelled. 50 times an encounter.
Infinite immediate actions.
Never ever ever proke AOOs. Absurdly powerful against a melee reaction build like mine.
Walls of force that you can ignore but your opponent cant.
A whole heap of spells as SLAs so that BOBs can cast.
That six attacks with one standard action version of TWF.
The fact you somehow have 200 BAB? Power attack +200 damage with a one handed weapon?

And here I am with a Sorcerer/Ardent....

Not that I blame you, if the DM lets you use it then I suppose I have no right to whine, it's just cathartic. /rant

ben-zayb
2014-12-15, 12:33 AM
DEAD!

Id like to take this opportunity to bitch about how absurdly powerful you homebrew is.
Undefeatable (Ex) Invisibility. Like... how is that not an I win button?
(Ex) Anitmagic field
(Ex) ability to dispel things that cannot ever usually be dispelled. 50 times an encounter.
Infinite immediate actions.
Never ever ever proke AOOs. Absurdly powerful against a melee reaction build like mine.
Walls of force that you can ignore but your opponent cant.
A whole heap of spells as SLAs so that BOBs can cast.
That six attacks with one standard action version of TWF.
The fact you somehow have 200 BAB? Power attack +200 damage with a one handed weapon?

And here I am with a Sorcerer/Ardent....

Not that I blame you, if the DM lets you use it then I suppose I have no right to whine, it's just cathartic. /rant1. Void Subtype is RAW. It turns off after I attack.
2. RAW AMF tricks are considered mid Op. I mean, just ask the D&D 3.5e subforum how famous AMF tricks are.
3. this one is bull, I agree; so I took it due to anticipating someone else did
4. RAW: your Synchronicity trick by can reach absurdly exponential high, while mine is limited (high base amount, but constant and limited); both our trick are RAW legal, but mine is harder to execute TBH
5. I very much doubt your attacks would be of help, since I too, optimized on opposed attack rolls, AC, HP, etc.
6. In our battle, I doubt a normal Wall of Force would've made any difference.
7. RAW legal, and doable at Level 50 epic. I even only needed less than 5 spells-to-SLA to make my build work. (Celerity, Greater Celerity, Arcane Fusion, Greater Arcane Fusion). Countering my Wall of Stone is pointless since we can exhaust our spell slots all day (assuing we both have the no-action counterspells feat).
8. 12 attacks in two standard actions are just gravy and flavor. Autokorrekt can do 20 attacks just fine with minimal RAW resource exhaustion.
9. No, I have +50/+45/+40/+35 BAB, by RAW (Divine Power). Only +50 of the remaining 200+ are homebrew. You'll be surprised how easy it is by RAW, given the right build. The Power Attack's +200 damage is almost by RAW (use 2H-weapon, use Action Point), which I can do with a measly quarterstaff.

I'm not trying to justify the build. I'm just saying that aside from the freaky Nullify, the worst tricks I have and the core of my build is very much RAW-legal.

greenpotato
2014-12-15, 01:21 AM
Your forgetting that void creatures can return to invisibility with a free action and that Nullblade adds a clause to the void subtype so that not even true seeing can detect you.

ben-zayb
2014-12-15, 02:00 AM
:smallconfused:And... it's still achievable by RAW with the right feats and spells. I'm not even seeing how it was relevant to our fight, though, considering my defense is just an immediate action away. You manifest/cast something? Celerity response. You respond with another power? Celerity again.

If you really want an exact copy of our fight except with us using pure RAW (where I replace mundane levels with psionics to nab the epic feat that I want, and where I don't settle for a T3-4 homebrew caster with a balanced spell list), I'd be happy to oblige. Problem is we both already know what each other's actions will be, so I don't know how that would work... *shrugs*

I get your frustration about homebrew power creep, though, if that's any consolation. Probably why I prefer RAW PvPs; makes victory less asspull-ish.