PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Sand Shaper Permanancy

Wolfebane
2014-12-09, 04:42 AM
I'm planning a sand shaper (sandstorm) who will eventually begin building an empire, as they are wont to do, and want a magically constructed sand palace, or at least a sand throne room. The problem is the Wall of Sand spell only does flat vertical walls, no shaping it unless I'm using a spell like Control Sand on it. I'm wondering if I could perhaps use the shape sand ability and cast permanency on THAT instead. It wouldn't have the defensive abilities of the Wall of Sand, but that's not really what I'm after anyways. Any thoughts?

Necroticplague
2014-12-09, 05:31 AM
Nope, Permancency both a: only makes the spells listed on the tables permanent (or any spells that later list in their descriptions they can be effected by permanency), and b: permanency only makes spells permanent, while Sand Shaping is not a spell, but a class ability. So technically, this can't be done in that manner.

Fouredged Sword
2014-12-09, 09:07 AM
Well, sand it technically made of small stone partials. Stone shape may be able to alter the shape of a permanent sand structure, ask your DM. If your DM veto's that, just ship in sandstone or re-fluff wall of stone as creating a sandstone wall.

Feint's End
2014-12-09, 09:12 AM
Or just use shape sand instead.

Andry
2014-12-09, 09:39 AM
Or just research a spell that does what you want to do.

Wolfebane
2014-12-09, 08:53 PM
Fair enough. Thanks for suggestions.