PDA

View Full Version : 5' Steps, Shifting and Charging

Kane0
2014-12-09, 05:43 PM
Just making sure that I didn't miss anything in my read through of the PHB and DMG, but these don't exist as optional rules or anything in 5e do they?

LtDarien
2014-12-09, 05:46 PM
Just making sure that I didn't miss anything in my read through of the PHB and DMG, but these don't exist as optional rules or anything in 5e do they?

Charging can be done with a feat. Shifting and 5' step don't exist. However, the only thing that provokes an OA is moving out of a hostile creature's reach, so you can move with a creature's reach as much as you want without worry.

RustyArmor
2014-12-09, 05:47 PM
Might be options in the DMG once its release. But I'm glad they got rid of the 5' step dance game. Do miss charging however but can see why they got rid of it.

Jeraa
2014-12-09, 06:09 PM
Might be options in the DMG once its release. But I'm glad they got rid of the 5' step dance game. Do miss charging however but can see why they got rid of it.

Dungeon Masters Guide has already been released. Several days ago at least. Edit: Week and a half ago, actually. In select stores, at least.

No options for the 5' step, but they aren't needed anyway. No Attacks of Opportunity to worry about (unless you leave an opponents threatened area), and everyone can move their full distance and still get their full number of attacks.

Kane0
2014-12-09, 06:12 PM
Well thats a relief. Good to hear the 5' step is gone, and I like how feats fill in the gaps that Shifting and charging left behind.

Feldarove
2014-12-09, 06:15 PM
Yeah, and you can break up your movement. So, shifting isn't really necessary.

Dungeon Masters Guide has already been released. Several days ago at least. Edit: Week and a half ago, actually. In select stores, at least.

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/dungeon-masters-guide?x=dnd/products/dndacc/dmg

Perhaps he was referring to the official release...Today!

And maybe he is like me, wasting time on the internet at work waiting till he gets to go home and crack open the DMG that arrived from Amazon today.